Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One

Started by SlowPokemon, November 29, 2010, 05:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Oh PFFT no XD I'm American. I have English relatives, but I'm starting to get to good with a British accent + I use British spellings sometimes.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Nebbles

Uhh... a-loom-in-num? >_> I know that's probably now how it's said in the UK.

fingerz

I thought so. XD

Here in Australia we say a-loo-mi-ni-um.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: fingerz on July 22, 2011, 08:15:51 PMI thought so. XD

Here in Australia we say a-loo-mi-ni-um.
That's the way cool people say it here too.

me irl
[close]

Meta-Ridley

Nebbles

nuh-tella? xD /is horrible with phonetic typing, please spare me

....hmmm, nutella. Sounds good right now.

Cobraroll

Part two was great. And for once, the Norwegian translator did a proper job and translated all the names correctly. It has annoyed me to no end to see Harry go around calling Hagrid for Hagrid and Ron for Ron, when their respective Norwegian names are Gygrid and Ronny.

HERE BE SPOILERS

My only beef with it was how the villain deaths were cluttered with special effects. In the book, Bellatrix LeStrange was killed when a curse damaged her heart so it stopped (the film had her shrivel and fall apart), Nagini the snake had its head chopped off and flailed around for a minute (exploded in the film), and Voldemort dropped dead after a curse backlashed (turned to ash while screaming in the movie).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

All those deaths would have been boring if they kept them the way they were :D most notably Voldemort's.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

....and see Nagini explode was pretty badass.

Meta-Ridley

I thought the deaths of Bellatrix and Nagini were pretty awesome. Especially Bellatrix - freeze and disintegrate! but Voldemort's death, I felt, wasn't a good one. It needed to be more of a DEATH, not a disentegrate.