News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

SlowPokemon's Compositions!

Started by SlowPokemon, November 08, 2010, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

SlowPokemon

I get the image of someone dancing in a really professional street, where everyone else is in a suit and tie, looking at the dancer in indignation. The dancer has an extremely serious face.

Good pretense for a story...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Yeah, I realized about the Hypno when I read it, but kinda forgot about it after reading two or three books since your last chapter.

Also, please present links to compositions whenever the setting fits.
When you listen to a song while reading a story, and it fits perfectly, there is more of an effect on the reader's emotions.

Karen and Aaron's theme? There will be a lot of arguing, and make-up melodies. Can't wait!
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

I liked them. Especially Strange Boy.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Aww, thanks, SFK. That means a lot coming from you. Seriously. ^^

I showed them both to my piano teacher (who I think must be around seventy or so) and she was very happy. And I'm her favorite student already. xD

SlowPokemon

The piano sounded too "meh" by itself so I decided it would sound cooler arranged for a small ensemble. And it does. :D It's still not a great melody, and it's pretty repetitive, but I think that some of the other instruments (the mallets especially) rather than being too much, add to the song and enhance it. Anyway, without further ado...

Strange Boy for Orchestra
MUS

DAHANS YOU HAD BETTER LOOK AT THIS.

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 09, 2011, 03:30:05 AMThe piano sounded too "meh" by itself so I decided it would sound cooler arranged for a small ensemble. And it does. :D It's still not a great melody, and it's pretty repetitive, but I think that some of the other instruments (the mallets especially) rather than being too much, add to the song and enhance it. Anyway, without further ado...

Strange Boy for Orchestra
MUS

DAHANS YOU HAD BETTER LOOK AT THIS.
an orchestra of one apparently.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

dahans

I will have a look at it as soon as you upload the right file xD.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

....Uhh wow... I will later... -_- WOWWW @ myself

SlowPokemon

dahans

1) I like the melody :)
2) Why didn't you use more instruments? It would have been nicer^^.
3) Try to elaborate this melody more (==> it becomes longer). You seem to use the same chords throughout the whole piece. Try to be a bit more creative ;).
4) Well done! Keep on composing and I am convinced that you will become a great composer sooner or later!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

IAmYou

Hm. I feel like I like the idea of the piece more than I like what's actually been written down. Your melodies and such are nice, but it seems really... thin. Like if you had more going on it sound a lot better. The overall idea and melody is great, but I feel like it could be elaborated, or use more instruments, like Dahans said.

Also, about the instrumentation. Why are you using a bass tuba? Regular tubas can hit those notes just fine. And what mallet instrument is the mallet part supposed to be? Just wondering. I always hate how I can't get the right mallet instruments without Allegro or Full Finale. Also, flute will not be heard that low. Especially if other instruments are playing the same part. It wouldn't be an issue in a solo or woodwind ensemble, but with a trumpet playing the same octave, piano playing the same, lower, and higher octaves, and that tuba, and accented no less, flute will not be heard in that low range.

And one last thing, why are there slurs over notes that have rest in between them? That's not possible. Not on wind instruments.

SlowPokemon

The TSA club at my school's video game design team asked me to write music for their video game. Here's what I came up with for the title screen; I hope it goes over well: http://www.mediafire.com/?62vllnzo619oaa7

It's a bit bland and simplistic, but I don't want to do anything too complicated as it would sound a bit out of place.

Anyone want to comment? ;P It was really fun to make, but I don't think it's that great.

triforced1

It needs more of a melody line. The same thing repeated over and over gets boring pretty quick.

SlowPokemon

Yeah I know... that's intentional :P I wanted it to be repetitive and not very special because it's not going to be heard much by the judges, and any extravagant effort would be frivolous. I may develop it later on though. I'll prolly make the level music better.