News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

SlowPokemon's Compositions!

Started by SlowPokemon, November 08, 2010, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

This sounds cool. I think you have a future in video game music design :0 (if that's what they call it)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Olimar12345

Listened to the strange boy(for ensemble?). Really nice job-I liked it! One little suggestion, though-in measure 27(near the end) I'd change that F to an F#. Thats just me tho, lol. Gonna listen to the rest nao...

EDIT: I think the links are wrong-there's only a piano version of the strange boy.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

Listened to "Trapped Volcano Level Theme"
Comments:
-I felt like there was too much of "Do" in the melodic lines. Remember that you have a piano and bass already doing that, lol.
-I wanted to hear more "Re" (B) in the melody.
-Cello has an E# in measure 24. Just sayin'.
-No chromatic notes. :( I think this piece needs some...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Rather than continue the process of posting all my compositions here, I've just begun the process of uploading them to Youtube for anyone who's interested. I'm only including the ones I personally think are important, in chronological order of composition date.

They will be found on my Youtube channel here. Currently there's only one but the others will follow soon enough. :J
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

I'm going through a few of your pieces now, and I must say they are quite curious. Even though I've only gone through a handful of the work you put out there I must say I like what I'm hearing. My favorite is Lullaby, it has just the right amount of darkness that really resonates well with me.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Funny story about that piece...its official name isn't Lullaby. It's "Danielle's Theme."

The reason for this is something really subtle that no one would ever figure out unless I told them. I made it as a dedication to my friend Danielle, and during the chorus, when you first hear the violin carrying the main melody, the violin spells out her name--well, as close as music can get, anyway. Assuming each letter slot is an eighth beat, the measure reads as follows:

DA--E--E

Obviously, N, I, and L are not music notes, so the violin just holds the previous notes during those beats. And of course, it's in the key of D. I want to keep that as a sort of hidden thing, so I didn't post it in the description and renamed the piece. I thought it was cool the way I did that though, at the risk of sounding arrogant.

MaestroUGC

Wonderful, I love those little cryptic moments in music. I do stuff like that all the time.

SlowPokemon

I love subtle things like that, only problem is they're so subtle I have to tell people about them to get any reaction XD like VERY well hidden easter eggs.

MaestroUGC

Same here, I always find people enjoy it better the second time through whenever I say, "So did you notice that...?"

SlowPokemon

I always took you for that kind of person XD

SlowPokemon

So I haven't touched this thread in forever, but I've still been composing quite a bit. If anyone's interested in hearing my work, here's a collection of my compositions that I feel are significant. There are 38 in all, and they range from all the way back to 2010 to a couple weeks ago haha. If anyone listens to them and finds one they particularly like or something, I'd love comments.

The MP3 files ARE iTunes friendly, if anyone is wondering, though you'll probably want to rename the album something other than "My Compositions" lol.

SlowPokemon's Compositions

Check out the first post for a track listing.

Bloop

I guess I'll take a listen. I haven't listened to a lot of other people's compositions, so here I go :p

SlowPokemon

And they were so good he was speechless!!

MaestroUGC

There's a lot of that around this sub-forum.

Bloop

ohyeah

woops
I'll take time tomorrowwwww