oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG XIII: Host Signups

Started by Nakah, November 01, 2010, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

SlowPokemon

I still want to do this. :P

It is present day, in Kanto (Saffron City). Pokemon Trainers everywhere live in fear. Team Rocket has made the biggest, scariest, and gravest comeback in history. Even worse, Team Rocket has infiltrated Saffron City in the hopes of stealing Pokemon and then murdering the Pokemons' Trainers. There are Team Rocket members living in the town, but none of the Pokemon Trainers know who to trust and who to report as they look just like an average Pokemon Trainer. Trainers are GREEN, Rockets are RED.

There is someone who has psychic abilities (Gym Leader) in Saffron City, and can send a pm to the host to find out any person's color. But Giovanni, the Team Rocket Leader, is known to be living in Saffron City. Giovanni is seer'd green even though he's a Rocket.

There is also the owner of Silph Co. (aka the mayor of Saffron) who looks out for the town in times of need and can protect one player per night from being killed by Team Rocket.

Giovanni (Master Wolf)
Rocket (Wolf)
Rocket

Gym Leader (Seer)
Mayor (Guardian)

Trainer (Human)
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer

It's really plain, but I feel like playing an old-fashioned TWG, where the roles are fairly simple. Or hosting one. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

I'll give this a try. ;D

SpongeBob and his friends were snatched a ride on the Flying Dutchman's ship. However, they crashed and evidently were all trapped on Mr. Hands' island. Plankton, however, sent a few Megamorphers to confuse SpongeBob and pals. No one can be trusted now....

SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, etc. must now all use their trust and questioning to get their friends together and make it off of Mr. Hands' Island safely.

Joining them are 2 inhabitants of the island, the Fingers, who possess special powers.

And finally, there is Mr./Mrs Hands who chooses one person who is defended throughout the entire game. When Mr./Mrs. Hands is killed, his/her selected character goes down with him.

Character List:
Resident
Resident
Resident
Resident
Resident
Resident

Megamorphers
Planktonatron
(Can seer a person once every night phase)
Planktomite (When killed, can kill one other island resident)
Planktodoodle (Regular wolf)
Thumb [Seer] (Can seer a person once every night phase)
Pinky [Psychic] (Can find out how many wolves are left every night phase)
Mr./Mrs. Hands (Chooses one person to defend throughout the entire game. That person dies when he/she dies.)

I'm not looking for acceptance just yet. Mainly just tweeks, if any can be made. This is a somewhat tough game without a guardian.
Opinions are appreciated. :)

EDIT: Also, SpongeBob ftw ;) and sorry if the wolves' roles seem overused by now :-\

SlowPokemon

Is Mr. Hands an item or an actual character?

universe-X

Mr. Hands is a character. My bad, I didn't put him in the list xP

master_gamer38

I'm too distracted to think balance at the moment. Way too hyperactive as well to focus. But, there is a problem with giving human specific names. People can claim specific names and it messes things up. They need to have generic names, at least in their role PMs and stories.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SlowPokemon

Also, Nakah or MasterGamer...

am I eligble to host?

Winter

@Slow I think the only rules I saw for a host are that you have to have completed t least one game of TWG and have a well rounded knowledge if it's game play. As far as I'm concerned, both of us are candidates technically. BUT I want to play at least one more before Hosting.

But yeah, you should be fine.

SlowPokemon

I'm not so sure. I'll wait for a mod's approval.

universe-X

Quote from: master_gamer38 on November 01, 2010, 06:17:54 PMI'm too distracted to think balance at the moment. Way too hyperactive as well to focus. But, there is a problem with giving human specific names. People can claim specific names and it messes things up. They need to have generic names, at least in their role PMs and stories.
I editted it to say "Resident" as in "Resident of Bikini Bottom".

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 01, 2010, 07:11:08 PMI'm not so sure.
You're eligible.

universe-X

Nakah

The thing with slow's game is that it's pretty much the same exact game as the previous TWG, minus the brutal wolf. It's possible, but most likely going to play out in a way that was structurally similar to the last game.

Universe's game is pretty interesting with the blue team consisting of a seer and psychic working together, and lacking a guardian, but having a one-time permanent guardian(although this role is at risk of wasting his guard on a wolf, so one would have to make sure they're guarding the person they believe is human). It actually should balance out pretty well with nine humans and three wolves.

So for now, I'll place my vote on Universe in hopes that his game will work out and that he'll pull through in hosting a game.

universe-X

Mr. Hands could always choose to pick the wolves' side too, btw ;)

Nakah

Thanks for making that abundantly clear for us. ;)

universe-X