Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

I have a question :D!
If there's a duet version on the site (for 2 pianos!), is it possible to submit this particular arrangement for one piano? So that there are 2 versions of one song on the site?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The Deku Trombonist

There are two versions of Magma Flows from Kirby Air Ride and Spiral Mountain from B-K so I think the answer would be yes.

fingerz

One of your songs are like that too, aren't they Deku? "Dark World" from LoZ: ALTTP. Love those two arrangements!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Shadoninja

if I was to arrange guitar's serenade could I submit a version with separate vocals along with a solo piano version?
e.g
vocal
piano r.h
piano l.h
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

nacho2420

How could I submit a song that's already on the site? like, is it possible to ever have 2 versions of a song or could I possibly dispute that mine is better and could replace an older one?

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: nacho2420 on June 30, 2011, 02:55:12 AMdispute that mine is better and could replace an older one?
Yup.

Quote from: nacho2420 on June 30, 2011, 02:55:12 AMis it possible to ever have 2 versions of a song
Nope.

Box Man

I need help! I want to play these songs on trumpet, but I don't think it's in the right key.

Shadoninja

they're not going to be in the right key because it's you're playing a transposing instrument and the sheet music is for piano which isn't. if you want, you could make a thread in the music board and post songs that you'd like a transposition of and i'm sure most of the arrangers will be glad to help.

Box Man

Thanks a ton. I just signed up, so I'm still figuring out stuff. Haha.

K-NiGhT

how do i set up a dropbox account so i can put arrangements on my submissions thread?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

spitllama

Go to dropbox.com...... ?

Then copy the link you're given after uploading files
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

Quote from: xK-NiGhTx on December 21, 2011, 08:52:28 PMhow do i set up a dropbox account so i can put arrangements on my submissions thread?
1) create a dropbox account
2) install the program
3) Locate the dropbox folder that it creates
4) copy/cut the MUS into the publilc folder in dropbox
5a) right click on the file and navigate to "dropbox-> copy public link"
5b) you can also do this when signed in on the dropbox website when clicking on the down arrow on the file
6) paste the link in the first post of your arrangement thread

I could make a more in-depth tutorial tommorow for the NSM Resources.

K-NiGhT

k great. now how do i make a midi and a pdf of my arrangements?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Bespinben

Exporting a MIDI is easy. When you go to "Save As", instead of saving as an ".mus", click ".mid".

Making PDF is a bit trickier. What you're going to need to do is download a PDF creator such as "PrimoPDF" (that's what I use [it's free]). Once installed, in Finale, go to Print and set up the printer as the PDF creator you downloaded, then print. It should send the Finale score to the PDF creator and make a PDF of the score.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!