News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG XI: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, September 18, 2010, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Do you even have any idea what you're talking about?  :-\
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

master_gamer38

Quote from: askalice23 on September 23, 2010, 08:34:07 AMi dont see why we have to make this a fight....

mg: Let him host. Ok he screwed up before, that doesnt mean he didnt learn. If he has a good game and WE vote for it then let him

drp: Just because you have went over things with Mashi dosnt mean we want to play the game. Is it balanced... maybe but the thing is that you have to think about is.. is this a game that people want to play.

so stop argueing... mg if you have a better game post it and we will vote on it. drp your game seems decent but not everyone may want to play it. try posting one or two games.

I don't want to have someone not ready to host be a host. Look at what happened with SFK's game. It'd still be night two. I'm taking a stand to make sure things don't go awry again. Does it seem like I'm being kinda a jerk about it? Probably, but I'd rather have good games going here.

I'm not posting a game because I'm not going to be taking part in the next game. I'm working on an item game like I said before. I also have AP classes in school to worry about and a new private lessons teacher that will be overworking me. I'm not going to sign up to host, because I won't have the time to do it.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 23, 2010, 12:48:46 PMHah. Sure, there are requirements for becoming a TWG host, but there should be a test or something.

Maybe during the TWG, the person planning to become host would send a private message every day at the same time?
Then, at the end, they would point out who they would give the MVP award to and why?
Would this work?

Of course, either MG or Nakah would say if his explanation was good enough.
The person he sent the pm's to could make sure the times of the messages were about the same.
Could this kind of test work out?

Well, sending a PM each day would basically be equivalent to actually participating in game by the topic or chat, both of which I watch. Then the MVP award can all be argued different ways. Being able to do well in the game shows quite a bit more than that.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Nakah

Not to mention it would be entirely unnecessary to act as a mock-host by sending pms and choosing your own biased MVP. It also would not affect my opinion as to whether that person is ready to host or not.

There's a few things that need to get sorted out first before drp could ever hope to host this game.

First of all, how many times can the Ame de Sol revive a player? If it's as much as they please, then you'd better make it a 50% odds of succeeding or failing the revive, that way we don't have everyone killed just coming back as a green.

Next, take out the artisan, I don't understand what he's hoping to accomplish.

Quick note: I don't think the Pope's 1 man vote-block is going to save many people in most instances, and even if it does, that may screw a team and just piss everyone off because the Pope is most likely going to make a dumbass move. You may want to re-consider the Pope's purpose in the game.

So we have a Wolf Shaman(seer) and a regular Wolf. That's all dandy, but the Ame de Sol is going to put the game in human-favor when more players keep getting knocked off. I think that if the Ame de Sol fails in reviving the designated player, then the player is revived as another regular Wolf(This makes the revive a risk each time the Ame de Sol attempts to make an action, thus preventing the game from becoming too one-sided). Of course, the color in which the player is revived should be kept anonymous, and only his return to the game should be announced(but hey, humans have a seer to help them out anyways if he survives).

So in conclusion: The game will pretty much have my okay if it's fixed in said ways.

No artisan.
   Ame de Sol: 50% chance of successfully reviving designated player as green, if failure to revive as green, player is revived as red.
   Pope: Perhaps the ability to grant immunity of being lynched to one player?(I.E. Pope sends PM to host during the night phase choosing a player to be secretly protected from a lynching the next day). There's more room for improvisation on this role, just make his impact a bit more direct.

I'm fine with DRP hosting, because he's obsessed with providing a story and game full of detail, so his dedication level is high enough to maintain a game. I just want to make sure the game itself isn't going to collapse due to some over-anxious ideas in the host signup thread. Fix the game in it's respective areas, and then we can consider it for the next TWG.

DrP

Quote from: Nakah on September 23, 2010, 07:24:47 PMNot to mention it would be entirely unnecessary to act as a mock-host by sending pms and choosing your own biased MVP. It also would not affect my opinion as to whether that person is ready to host or not.

There's a few things that need to get sorted out first before drp could ever hope to host this game.

First of all, how many times can the Ame de Sol revive a player? If it's as much as they please, then you'd better make it a 50% odds of succeeding or failing the revive, that way we don't have everyone killed just coming back as a green.

Next, take out the artisan, I don't understand what he's hoping to accomplish.

Quick note: I don't think the Pope's 1 man vote-block is going to save many people in most instances, and even if it does, that may screw a team and just piss everyone off because the Pope is most likely going to make a dumbass move. You may want to re-consider the Pope's purpose in the game.

So we have a Wolf Shaman(seer) and a regular Wolf. That's all dandy, but the Ame de Sol is going to put the game in human-favor when more players keep getting knocked off. I think that if the Ame de Sol fails in reviving the designated player, then the player is revived as another regular Wolf(This makes the revive a risk each time the Ame de Sol attempts to make an action, thus preventing the game from becoming too one-sided). Of course, the color in which the player is revived should be kept anonymous, and only his return to the game should be announced(but hey, humans have a seer to help them out anyways if he survives).

So in conclusion: The game will pretty much have my okay if it's fixed in said ways.

No artisan.
   Ame de Sol: 50% chance of successfully reviving designated player as green, if failure to revive as green, player is revived as red.
   Pope: Perhaps the ability to grant immunity of being lynched to one player?(I.E. Pope sends PM to host during the night phase choosing a player to be secretly protected from a lynching the next day). There's more room for improvisation on this role, just make his impact a bit more direct.

I'm fine with DRP hosting, because he's obsessed with providing a story and game full of detail, so his dedication level is high enough to maintain a game. I just want to make sure the game itself isn't going to collapse due to some over-anxious ideas in the host signup thread. Fix the game in it's respective areas, and then we can consider it for the next TWG.

I like the Pope idea... and l'Ã,me de Sol Idea, too... Fantastish! I will rename the Seer L'Artisien, to keep up with the story! I just wanted to leave the Orange and Purple in the game... otherwise it would be just a bit "normal"

DrP

I am Double Posting and Re-posting my game hopefully as it is in final state!

TWG XI â€" Beyond Azincourt
In the midst of the 100 Years War, the French were trying to expel the English from Mainland Europe, taking the English possessions of Aquitaine and making the Duke of Burgundy (who was sided with the British) join the fledgling French state. The Battle of Azincourt was a decisive battle that shaped the next 38 years for paving the path to French Victory (as Azincourt was the final English victory). Anyways, the French decided to lead a secret seige on a fortification that the English built, located around the City of Rouen. The French forces held on the opposite side on a hill top away from Rouen. Nightly, the English forces sneak into the French camps and captured and killed people of the French forces. After yelling “Quel Outrage“, the French decided to prepare themselves, using special units of their forces. The French also held daily lynchings of their own personnel for the hiding traitors. Will the siege on Rouen be a success, or will the English wipe the French forces from existence.

Roles:
Duke of Burgundy - The Master Wolf. They are Seer’d Green until a certain event. The Duke of Burgundy is French in body, but English in thought.
King of England - The Wolf with a vengeance. When lynched, they can bring someone down with them, unless they have a special power
Holy Roman Emperor - sharing the same religion with France has it’s perks. They can Seer a player each night.

The Pope - Seeing an unjust war causes problems for Catholicism. The Pope uses his "infallible" teachings to see who should stay alive. They send a PM to the host nightly with a name and they will be prevented from lynching for the next day

L'Artisien - The Seer for the French army. If the The Pope picks L'Artisien, can now see true seering results (the Duke of Burgundy is Seer’d Red). They can send a single name to the host of who they want to Seer.
Duke of Anjou - The Guardian of the French Military. He can guard a person for as long as his services are needed. The Duke of Anjou can guard himself

Fleur-de-Lis - The symbol of the French Monarchy, the Fleur-de-Lis will not die if the King of England is executed and is chosen. They will be Seer’d Orange until an event happens.
Frenchman
Frenchman
Frenchman
Frenchman
Frenchman

Ã,me de Sol - When a Player is lynched during the Day phase; the Ã,me de Sol can revive said lynched player (with a 50% chance of them coming back as a Green, otherwise they will join the wolf side of things as a red), and after reviving the player, they become an ordinary human, but still Seer'd Purple. L'Ã,me de Sol CANNOT be wolfed.

Winning Conditions:
Frenchmen - Eliminate the English
The English Rulers - Become 1:1 with the Frenchmen
The Special Frenchmen - See Frenchmen
The Pope and Ã,me de Sol - They win with the French

I will be happy to answer any questions you might have, or clarifications on the roles

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 23, 2010, 03:29:11 PMDo you even have any idea what you're talking about?  :-\
Hah, good old SlowPokemon not understanding my complex word choice.  ;)

Finally, we are strarting to agree to something;
However, Nakah, I think drp meant that the Ame de sol could only revive one person.
Although the new idea sounds pretty cool, too!
Wait, actually I think I'm getting confused.
Let me guess how this would work: Only one person is revived, either becoming a wolf or human?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

If we do drp's game this time, TWG XII has to be a simple one.
If we do complex ones every time, we're going to become LLF-ish.

So, drp's game this time and simple one next time. Beyond Azincourt... (or however it's spelled...)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

$10 says Juber didn't even notice mine.  Anyone wanna take that bet?

Jub3r7

Oh, I noticed it, I just forgot it about it.
I read every single post in the threads except for the ones with over 100 pages.
Well, at least the ones that I am planning to post in.

I want to try one complex game for this TWG, then a simple one for TWG XII.

I'll use that 10 dollars to buy Finale Notepad '11, please.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on September 23, 2010, 09:31:26 PM$10 says Juber didn't even notice mine.  Anyone wanna take that bet?

If I had ten bucks, totally.

He's irritating me a bit.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 23, 2010, 07:54:10 PMHah, good old SlowPokemon not understanding my complex word choice.  ;)

^What? Since when is that typical? I pride myself on being far smarter than him. :P But that's just a horribly big ego.

Jub3r7

You are probably smarter than me....

But you occasionally don't understand my wording when I don't space things out.
I suppose it's my fault...

Did you not notice me mentioning that I did notice his post?  :P

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 24, 2010, 04:26:38 AMBut that's just a horribly big ego.

Bigger than Napoleon's?

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 24, 2010, 08:02:44 AMYou are probably smarter than me....

But you occasionally don't understand my wording when I don't space things out.
I suppose it's my fault...

Did you not notice me mentioning that I did notice his post?  :P

He is pretty smart... he's a sophomore in HS, something a 14 year-old doesn't experience often

SlowPokemon

Aww, I'm flattered, really.

Sorry BigSig, I'm being pretty horrible to you, huh?

I hope you know most of it's in jest. ;)

Nakah

This is what I think of all of you.

Dude

If anything, I'm one of the most sane people here.

Mashi

No, I'm quite sure Nakah is right on the mark, hehe.