TWG XI: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, September 18, 2010, 08:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

.__. Okay, let's not get into that. Nakah can put up a poll later.

And sorry Dude, I thought it meant it could only work on a wolf. LOL
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

master_gamer38

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 04:56:56 PMThe Pope is just an ordinary Ballot Rigger and the Ã,me de Sol is just a reviving human... both of which are just going to be special humans with a different color attached to them and hold a special power

Nakah: Even though the Guardian that can't guard himself is a great turn off, I do have to make the game LESS human sided... he'll probably be busy guarding the seer anyways.

Dude: You kinda stole some roles, too... and other stuff in a sense!

Slow: You are just out on a vendetta against my game because it has a history based story, huh?

Everyone: You can't handle complexity one bit... I was going to show how easy it was (and I still will below)... once I draw it out, it may be easier to understand off the ORIGINAL game... the updated game just took some things away from gameplay

Night:
Wolves: Vote like normal... whatever wolves do
HRE: Send PM to host with Wolfing and the one he wants to Seer
Artisan: Sends PM to host with a single name of a person who they think is the Pope/Ã,me de Sol and a Name that they think the Pope is going to block
Seer: Sends name of person they want to Seer
Guardian: Sends name of who they want to guard
The Pope: Sends PM to host of who they want to prevent from voting, as well as three names of the three Sealbearers
Ã,me de Sol: Sends PM to host with three names of potential Sealbearers

Day:
Everyone: normal suspicions and stuff... as well as voting
Ã,me de Sol: When someone dies, they can revive them during this phase

It's fairly simple... I have no idea why everyone's confused

To start, this is made from my phone, making several things hard to do. Bear with me.

It's not that it's overly complicated. It's that a complex game doesn't want to be played. I don't think you are ready to host anyways.

You said Dude stole roles, well, roles get used, and used again. His game isn't full of power roles. 9 out of your 14 roles have power in some way. Leading to my next point. How did you balance this game? Can you tell me the number of possible outcomes? The probabilties of things happening at different times? Mashi may have checked it, but their twg isn't the same as ours. The people they have playing love everything to be special.

I don't see how Slow is against your game because it's history based. There was one post about it. In fact he's said what everyone else has said. TOO COMPLICATED. You say it isn't complex. Well, it's simple to follow during gameplay. Basically every game is. But again, the balance.

Well, unless you can prove me otherwise, you aren't ready to host. If you're going to be mad about it, you just won't host for a longer period of time. Once you meet the require.emts as I stated in the first post, you can host.

Not to just shoot down Drp.

Dude, I was really surprised to see you sign up to host. I mean you've played several games and I know you understand it, but you never have really shown activity. (Even though that tactic did you well.)
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

DrP

Quote from: master_gamer38 on September 20, 2010, 09:37:58 PMTo start, this is made from my phone, making several things hard to do. Bear with me.

It's not that it's overly complicated. It's that a complex game doesn't want to be played. I don't think you are ready to host anyways.

You said Dude stole roles, well, roles get used, and used again. His game isn't full of power roles. 9 out of your 14 roles have power in some way. Leading to my next point. How did you balance this game? Can you tell me the number of possible outcomes? The probabilties of things happening at different times? Mashi may have checked it, but their twg isn't the same as ours. The people they have playing love everything to be special.

I don't see how Slow is against your game because it's history based. There was one post about it. In fact he's said what everyone else has said. TOO COMPLICATED. You say it isn't complex. Well, it's simple to follow during gameplay. Basically every game is. But again, the balance.

Well, unless you can prove me otherwise, you aren't ready to host. If you're going to be mad about it, you just won't host for a longer period of time. Once you meet the require.emts as I stated in the first post, you can host.

Who says I am mad... there is one emotion I don't get... and that is mad/angry/furious... especially in a basically pointless, online situation... I only get mad in person!

Anyways, you're all just taking it for what is written there, and not just the lax words that really are just making conversation... I know there are "Open-Source" Roles, but to have something so similar to what I have just steals competition (and I know that happens in the business world every day). I was just cracking a joke at Slow... I really don't care whether he likes the story or not.

I know LLF's TWG isn't the same as ours, but I always like making things much more "complicated" and I am always up for a challenge.

Anyways, I really don't have "physical" proof to host, but after searching "TWG Tactics" and reading "How-tos" to Hosting a TWG on multiple sites (LLF was included), I have acquired a general knowledge to make sure the game is fair and I can analyze what happens during a game to make an effective post-game analysis (oh, how this feels like I am writing a persuasion paper... so many uncanny similarities). I feel I meet the requirements. I still did participate in the "second" game, even though there was a slight mishap (which led me to go searching this vast internet for TWG stuff).

Let's see... what else... oh, the probabilities and such... I'll get to those when I am done with my Stats HW tomorrow night... and all the reading crap I have to do (it shouldn't take that long)... I would do it now, but it is just way too late.

If there is something I forgot, lemme know :D

Dude

Quote from: master_gamer38 on September 20, 2010, 09:37:58 PMDude, I was really surprised to see you sign up to host. I mean you've played several games and I know you understand it, but you never have really shown activity. (Even though that tactic did you well.)
Well, since I'm not actually participating in the game part, I'll be more active.
It's just when everyone thinks I'm a wolf every time, it gets old for me and I start not to care.

Also, if I become host I won't pull an SFK. ::)

askalice23

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 04:56:56 PMI've made some changes to my game that make it SO much less complicated... taking out the Sealbearers and eliminating a certain aspect in a role.

The Pope is just an ordinary Ballot Rigger and the Ã,me de Sol is just a reviving human... both of which are just going to be special humans with a different color attached to them and hold a special power

Nakah: Even though the Guardian that can't guard himself is a great turn off, I do have to make the game LESS human sided... he'll probably be busy guarding the seer anyways.

Dude: You kinda stole some roles, too... and other stuff in a sense!

Slow: You are just out on a vendetta against my game because it has a history based story, huh?

Everyone: You can't handle complexity one bit... I was going to show how easy it was (and I still will below)... once I draw it out, it may be easier to understand off the ORIGINAL game... the updated game just took some things away from gameplay

Night:
Wolves: Vote like normal... whatever wolves do
HRE: Send PM to host with Wolfing and the one he wants to Seer
Artisan: Sends PM to host with a single name of a person who they think is the Pope/Ã,me de Sol and a Name that they think the Pope is going to block
Seer: Sends name of person they want to Seer
Guardian: Sends name of who they want to guard
The Pope: Sends PM to host of who they want to prevent from voting, as well as three names of the three Sealbearers
Ã,me de Sol: Sends PM to host with three names of potential Sealbearers

Day:
Everyone: normal suspicions and stuff... as well as voting
Ã,me de Sol: When someone dies, they can revive them during this phase

It's fairly simple... I have no idea why everyone's confused

its not that its complicated to read its just that thee is way too much going on. also the guardian will be very hesitent to come out if he cant guard himself therefore he wont be guarding the seer. i dont mind you hosting because it seems like you care and want to make a good slid game. i just think if we took out more special roles and took the restrictions off we would be fine

Jub3r7

What if he's in the hopsital?  :P

Let's not flame him until he gets back!!  ;D
Edit: By that, I mean if it turns out that he isn't mortally injured.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 04:56:56 PMSlow: You are just out on a vendetta against my game because it has a history based story, huh?

Now you're making me a bit mad. I don't hate your game--and if I did, that would be no reason to hate it. You should realize that I'm not immature enough to do that; I was just irritated at my history teacher when I wrote that.

I'd be absolutely willing to play it if we got enough players. Please, don't take everything so personal!

I bet many people would turn down your game just because the post was too long and they didn't read. Dude hasn't been picked as host yet!

Plus, I thought you would have known that I'm not the type of person who holds vendettas or whatever.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 21, 2010, 01:56:21 PMNow you're making me a bit mad. I don't hate your game--and if I did, that would be no reason to hate it. You should realize that I'm not immature enough to do that; I was just irritated at my history teacher when I wrote that.

I'd be absolutely willing to play it if we got enough players. Please, don't take everything so personal!

I bet many people would turn down your game just because the post was too long and they didn't read. Dude hasn't been picked as host yet!

Plus, I thought you would have known that I'm not the type of person who holds vendettas or whatever.

I ALREADY knew you don't hold gruges/vendettas, what have you... it was just a small pun or something... i don't know... im not taking an english class (because it would be Snooze/Yawnfest 2010)... Well, we shall see what happens here.

Quote from: askalice23 on September 21, 2010, 08:50:26 AMits not that its complicated to read its just that thee is way too much going on. also the guardian will be very hesitent to come out if he cant guard himself therefore he wont be guarding the seer. i dont mind you hosting because it seems like you care and want to make a good slid game. i just think if we took out more special roles and took the restrictions off we would be fine

Ok, so I will release the restriction (since more than one person called for it)... and I will probably remove the Fleur-de-Lis... it really doesn't matter since the odds of picking it is pretty slim. I REALLY want to leave the Orange and Purple in the game, because they are a driving force in the game. I am also contemplating on bringing back the Sealbearer story, or is that just making it wayyyyyyyy to complicated again?

master_gamer38

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 11:30:17 PMWho says I am mad... there is one emotion I don't get... and that is mad/angry/furious... especially in a basically pointless, online situation... I only get mad in person!

I never said you were mad, I said don't get mad. Difference.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 11:30:17 PMAnyways, you're all just taking it for what is written there, and not just the lax words that really are just making conversation... I know there are "Open-Source" Roles, but to have something so similar to what I have just steals competition (and I know that happens in the business world every day). I was just cracking a joke at Slow... I really don't care whether he likes the story or not.

No one took it as a joke. There is a time to be serious, and a time for fun. You're confusing them.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 11:30:17 PMI know LLF's TWG isn't the same as ours, but I always like making things much more "complicated" and I am always up for a challenge.

As a way to look at this, you can't run until you learn to walk first.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 11:30:17 PMAnyways, I really don't have "physical" proof to host, but after searching "TWG Tactics" and reading "How-tos" to Hosting a TWG on multiple sites (LLF was included), I have acquired a general knowledge to make sure the game is fair and I can analyze what happens during a game to make an effective post-game analysis (oh, how this feels like I am writing a persuasion paper... so many uncanny similarities). I feel I meet the requirements. I still did participate in the "second" game, even though there was a slight mishap (which led me to go searching this vast internet for TWG stuff).

That wasn't really a slight mishap. That was you completely breaking a rule, which showed you hadn't read them.
But I'm not seeing proof that you can analyze or that you have an EXPERIENCED knowledge.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 20, 2010, 11:30:17 PMLet's see... what else... oh, the probabilities and such... I'll get to those when I am done with my Stats HW tomorrow night... and all the reading crap I have to do (it shouldn't take that long)... I would do it now, but it is just way too late.

If you prefer to PM them to me do that, because it will be large and long. Splitting the PM in two might even be necessary.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 21, 2010, 02:23:56 PMOk, so I will release the restriction (since more than one person called for it)... and I will probably remove the Fleur-de-Lis... it really doesn't matter since the odds of picking it is pretty slim. I REALLY want to leave the Orange and Purple in the game, because they are a driving force in the game. I am also contemplating on bringing back the Sealbearer story, or is that just making it wayyyyyyyy to complicated again?

They are a driving force for those two people. If one ends up as human, he/she may just become inactive. That's because there is so much going on, and they can't be part of it. Yes, if they die then they come back on the human side again. But, PM the stuff, and we'll continue this topic then.

Now this may seem like I'm about to contradict myself, but I'd like to have a quick informal poll. How many people would be interested in playing an Item game? I've begun to look at constructing one, not for this game, and probably not for the next, but for sometime in the future. If there is no interest, I'd like to know now so I don't waste my time.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Mashi

ITEM GAME? MEMEMMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMME.

Also, I just wanted to say, LLF isn't all about Complex Games.  Sure we have one from time to time, but most of our more experienced players prefer simple games, or games running simple mechanics (Such as axemblue4's game right now, it's based on Reviving).  Though, if I recall correctly, there was a period of time where we got bored of Simple Games, but that was solved (For the most part) after a forum TWG Break.

Also, I just wanted to get this off my chest since I feel a bit guilty about catalyzing this forum by bringing up these different games, so I would just like to apologize to people such as Nakah if I did indeed alter their plans for here.

Nakah

Not at all, you've done nothing but contributed positively to this forum's growth. I'm grateful for all of the advice and input you've provided. I just remember LLF for being item game focused at one point, and assumed that was it's current state, so for that I apologize.

DrP

Quote from: master_gamer38 on September 21, 2010, 03:21:00 PMAs a way to look at this, you can't run until you learn to walk first.

That wasn't really a slight mishap. That was you completely breaking a rule, which showed you hadn't read them.
But I'm not seeing proof that you can analyze or that you have an EXPERIENCED knowledge.

If you prefer to PM them to me do that, because it will be large and long. Splitting the PM in two might even be necessary.

They are a driving force for those two people. If one ends up as human, he/she may just become inactive. That's because there is so much going on, and they can't be part of it. Yes, if they die then they come back on the human side again. But, PM the stuff, and we'll continue this topic then.

Quick Anecdote: I ran before I could walk!

About the Rule thingy: I read the rules... just never "enforced them myself" and I could just have had a momentary lapse of judgement and kinda tried to rectify it... but that is neither here nor there... it's over and should be erased from everyone's short-term memory since it kinda is like having jail time on my record and I am trying to apply for a job.

I could give an analysis of this past TWG game if you want... even though there wasn't much to work with because of all the issues and such going on... things changed during that hiatus and really couldn't be analyzed in complete detail like how Nakah did (though if I do some light reading, I could do an analysis from the game that I actually did well in!)

I'll PM you my probabilities later (probably during my boring Psych lecture)... any specifics you want me to cover. I will probably work with wolves and the effects therein... and since the F-d-L is "au revoir", there aren't really many probabilites to work with (except for chances for a wolfing)

Nakah

Blowing off your psychology lecture to focus on proving why you should be allowed to host TWG.

Irony.

askalice23

i dont see why we have to make this a fight....

mg: Let him host. Ok he screwed up before, that doesnt mean he didnt learn. If he has a good game and WE vote for it then let him

drp: Just because you have went over things with Mashi dosnt mean we want to play the game. Is it balanced... maybe but the thing is that you have to think about is.. is this a game that people want to play.

so stop argueing... mg if you have a better game post it and we will vote on it. drp your game seems decent but not everyone may want to play it. try posting one or two games.

Jub3r7

TWG hosting flame wars!!  :D

Hah. Sure, there are requirements for becoming a TWG host, but there should be a test or something.

Maybe during the TWG, the person planning to become host would send a private message every day at the same time?
Then, at the end, they would point out who they would give the MVP award to and why?
Would this work?

Of course, either MG or Nakah would say if his explanation was good enough.
The person he sent the pm's to could make sure the times of the messages were about the same.
Could this kind of test work out?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]