News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Best Nintendo Songs to Arrange for Concert Band? - MUS file up!

Started by Tangy, September 13, 2010, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Clanker37

:o IT'S...SO...AWESOME!!!!!

Well done! If my band had all those instruments I would be bribing everyone so we could play it! IT'S SO EPIC!!!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Clanker37 on August 16, 2011, 02:05:38 AM:o IT'S...SO...AWESOME!!!!!

Well done! If my band had all those instruments I would be bribing everyone so we could play it! IT'S SO EPIC!!!
have the missing parts be played by other instruments.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Clanker37

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 16, 2011, 04:22:55 AMhave the missing parts be played by other instruments.
We can't

We have so little people we have to have Year 7's (Upper Primary School) join our Junior Band (High School). We have hardly any Trumpets (Grand total of 3) and heaps of Trombones. No French Horn, one Bass Clarinet (Who's leaving) and one Baritone Saxaphone. We would be able to fit all the Flutes, Clarinets and Saxaphones, though.

Besides we'd stuff it up so bad, I'd never want to hear it again  :-\

Nice idea though

DrP

We could do it... we seriously have AT LEAST 3 of everything (and like 12 trombones and 10 trumpets)

The only hurdle is getting it past the music director, because im sure we're all for playing epic nintendo music in a nerdy, college band that still plays SSBB every weekend.

60FourMaster

Measure 50 = Holy crapping crapnuggets! How do you expect tubas to go that high? Tubas don't play in that octave... That's ridiculously high. Good thing other parts are assigned to it. I'm gonna run this one by my band director to see if we can play it next year. Sounds great apart from a couple of awkard-ish transitions.

Tangy

Quote from: 60FourMaster on January 18, 2012, 07:02:19 PMMeasure 50 = Holy crapping crapnuggets! How do you expect tubas to go that high? Tubas don't play in that octave... That's ridiculously high. Good thing other parts are assigned to it. I'm gonna run this one by my band director to see if we can play it next year. Sounds great apart from a couple of awkard-ish transitions.

LOL sorry, I think I mentioned this, but that's the unedited version. The tubas play a whole note or something similarly tuba-y in the final version... which I forgot to post, my bad! I will add it tomorrow, since I did bring it with me on a usb...

Actually, looking at this now, I'm pretty sure nearly the entire tuba part was placed down an octave after editing.

Thanks though. :)

60FourMaster

Quote from: Tangy on January 18, 2012, 08:12:29 PMLOL sorry, I think I mentioned this, but that's the unedited version. The tubas play a whole note or something similarly tuba-y in the final version... which I forgot to post, my bad! I will add it tomorrow, since I did bring it with me on a usb...

Actually, looking at this now, I'm pretty sure nearly the entire tuba part was placed down an octave after editing.

Thanks though. :)
Oh thank goodness. I was seriously worried about that. xD So I'll wait until tomorrow to show my director then. ^^

Tangy

Quote from: 60FourMaster on January 19, 2012, 03:47:45 AMOh thank goodness. I was seriously worried about that. xD So I'll wait until tomorrow to show my director then. ^^

Okay, I didn't change it to a whole note, just sort of cut it off when it went high, lol. xD Got full points on range, so hopefully everything's okay.

FINAL VERSION

If anyone wants the individual sheets, PM me your email and I'll email them to you... I know finale lets you break a score like this into parts, but they aren't formatted and don't have any labels or anything. Took me FOREVER to do the individual sheets.

60FourMaster

Mmmmm... Delicious. :D If we do perform it, I'll be sure to post a video and link you all to it.