News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Best Nintendo Songs to Arrange for Concert Band? - MUS file up!

Started by Tangy, September 13, 2010, 03:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Quote from: Tangy on October 21, 2010, 04:09:09 PM@winterkid09 - Ohh wow I wasn't expecting that minor key @_@ The only harvest moon I've played is magical melody so I was expecting an upbeat jingly tune. xD It's really awesome! If I have spare time I'll see if I can arrange it for the site. ;)

that would be amazing! I so badly want to learn that song!

SlowPokemon

Well I am very happy because Olimar finished the Flipsville/Chompworks Galaxy!

And@Tangy-- This might be a bit new, but a great idea to arrange (it will definitely leave everyone wowed) is the Super Mario Galaxy main theme, more commonly known as Gusty Garden.

There's also the epic Super Mario Galaxy 2 main theme, synonymous to Sky Station.

They're both great songs, but perhaps not what you were looking for.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

I didn't know that the Gusty garden theme was the main theme too, I never caught that...

Cobraroll

What about Checker Knights? As far as I'm aware, it uses a wide range of instruments, possibly an entire classical orchestra. However, I'm not sure what the English term "Concert Band" means. What instruments? Can anyone fill me in?

Oh, and Pokémon's Route 11. Do that. Please.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Tangy

Concert bands consist mainly of woodwind, brass, and percussion instruments. There aren't any strings except for the double bass and maybe some other exceptions. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_band#Instrumentation) My school band has Bb clarinets, bass clarinets, flutes, a piccolo, alto saxes, tenor saxes, a bari sax, trumpets, french horns, euphoniums, trombones, tubas, and various percussion. We also have piano if needed.

Checker Knights sounds awesome! And yeah, it sounds like it would translate well. :) I love all of the original pokemon routes, but I was thinking of doing either route 4 or route 24.

And gusty garden galaxy is cool too! Man this is going to be a long arrangement, lol! And the sky island theme is really neat too, sounds pretty concert band-ish actually, haha.

Sekter77

Checker Knights is awesome. Kirby Air Ride had a pretty epic soundtrack for a racing game.

In my opinion, I think you should do Route 4 from Pokemon instead of Route 24. I just think it sounds a little more epic and filled out than 24. Plus it's just super nostalgic for me at least.

It's a shame that Pikmin has such an obscure soundtrack. I think that since it's mostly background, it gets lost in the rush of the game and forgotten about. But it is definitely very pretty when it can be listened to on its own.

And Donkey Kong Jungle Beat has Battle for Storm Hill which might work pretty well. It was a shame to see that game kinda forgotten about since it's a fantastic platformer!

We kinda flooded this thread with ideas didn't we! There's just so much good game music out there that it's hard to just choose a few favorites! So, good luck with your project!
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on October 22, 2010, 09:26:59 AMOh, and Pokémon's Route 11. Do that. Please.

IKR? But they all don't like it as much as Route 4, so meh. Route 11 is still my favorite.

Sky Station and Gusty Garden are really cool songs. The best from each game, pretty much. :P

Mahito Yokota is a freakin' genius.

Tangy

Yes I loved donkey kong jungle beat! ^__^ I never beat it though @_@ (lolz, edited cause I noticed there was a pun and wanted to point it out)

And I really appreciate the "flooding of this thread"! :)

garlicbananas

@Tangy
Glad I could Help ;D
Also the Dr. Mario "Fever" theme would work excellently.  A great low brass feature at the beginning and maybe a nice french horn/alto sax soli towards the middle if you know what part I'm talking about.  Great song to really get the band and audience excited.
Please check out my arrangement! http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4222.0

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Tangy

Fever would be fun to implement haha. That version by nana1popo2 was certainly very neat. :)

And yeah, I'd honestly do green greens over gourmet race :D

Tangy

Hi! :) Sorry for not giving any updates... I started the arrangement a while ago. Since this is for school, I don't feel comfortable uploading it to the internet at this time (though I will once the project is over... which won't be until June).

So far I have (game: music) Pikmin: Night Comes -> Donkey Kong Arcade: Game Start -> Super Mario World: Castle -> Super Mario World: Level Complete Fanfare -> The Legend of Zelda: Overworld -> Pokemon RBY: Pallet Town -> Pokemon RBY: Route 4

It sounds pretty good so far :) I've really just been trying to find songs that flow together nicely, instead of trying to mush all the ones I really wanted into one arrangement... so some will be left out.

After this the plan is Paper Mario: Goomba Road -> Kirby Superstar Ultra: Gourmet Race

(yeah I know in the post before this I said I'd rather do green greens... I still might. Just for this moment this works better.)

Brassman388

I'm doing quite a bit myself, I plan on having our band play them. If you want any, just let me know and I'll send you a list of what pieces I have.