News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Next Update(5 Songs)

Started by Nakah, August 11, 2010, 09:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

So the time frame to submit arrangements for this update is going to be a bit shorter(starting from today, and ending Sunday). I'll still get the update done by Monday if Concerto isn't able to take this one up. You have until Sunday night at 10:00p.m. EST to submit arrangements, and the update will follow in the morning.

Happy submitting.

DrP

Ok! Here are mine!

[NDS] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - Route 30 :MUS MIDI
[NDS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - Floraroma Town:MUS MIDI
[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Spin-Dig Galaxy:MUS MIDI
[NDS] Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - In Town/In the Fields:MUS MIDI
[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - Route 120 :MUS MIDI

Treeckodude

[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Indigo Plateau
[MUS] [MIDI]

[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - Johto Gym Leader Battle
[MUS] [MIDI]

[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - Kanto Gym Leader Battle
[MUS] [MIDI]

I've checked the links, and they all work fine. How exactly did you mean by "The links don't match and need to be fixed"? Also, a new one for submission:

[NDS] Pokemon D/P/Pt - Spear Pillar
[MUS] [MIDI]

WiiMan96

Quote from: Treeckodude on August 12, 2010, 04:16:32 AMI've checked the links, and they all work fine. How exactly did you mean by "The links don't match and need to be fixed"?

I'd say it's because the midi links for both gym leader battles just lead to the mus version. They look like separate uploads though (they have different links) so I think you chose the same files (mus) twice when you uploaded them. Indigo seems to be fine though.

Nakah

There's already an Indigo Plateau up by HugoMeister(?) or someone else I believe, so I'm hesitant to replace his arrangement since it's also a decent one.

dahans

I  have arranged the Ingigo Plateau of Pokemon G/S. The Indigo Plateau of HG/SS might be different... I don't know. DARE TO REPLACE MY ARRANGMENT! ;)
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Nakah on August 12, 2010, 05:07:44 AMThere's already an Indigo Plateau up by HugoMeister(?) or someone else I believe, so I'm hesitant to replace his arrangement since it's also a decent one.
Heart Gold and Soul Silver has very different music from the original Gold & Silver games and thus should be listed under a different game. Having said that, if by chance it turns out to be the same, then from memory, I believe the site's policy is to keep the music listed under the game in which it was originally heard to avoid having the same song in multiple places. In this case, they're kinda different (although the magnitude of this difference is debatable) so Treeckodude's would not go under the original Gold/Silver category. This is, of course, assuming it gets accepted.

dahans

OK unfortunately there isn't a HG/SS section. Is there one?

The Deku Trombonist

They're all replacements this week

[N64] Banjo Kazooie

[SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
  • Church - Mus | Midi (Delete "Sanctuary" on the site)

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

[NES] Zelda II

Treeckodude

Ok, I've fixed the links. And I'm only going to arrange HeartGold SoulSilver music that is different from the original music in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Since it is different, I think it should have it's own section.

dahans

Quote from: Treeckodude on August 12, 2010, 06:09:10 AMOk, I've fixed the links. And I'm only going to arrange HeartGold SoulSilver music that is different from the original music in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Since it is different, I think it should have it's own section.

Agreed!

Nakah

Sounds like it's time for a mini-update then.

Also DekuTrombonist, we need to clean out some of your stacks of replacement arrangements so they don't pile up in your thread.

I'm coming up with an idea for a contest that will end in a bonus update targeted at either a specific arranger and his/her arrangements or a specific game/series and everyone's arrangements for that.

Cobraroll

Just to throw this in, the Indigo Plateau is vastly different from G/S to HG/SS. The latter is a lot more "regal" and heavy than the former. The same goes for much of the HG/SS songs, they are different enough that I think it justifies a section of its own.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Nakah on August 12, 2010, 07:22:15 AMAlso DekuTrombonist, we need to clean out some of your stacks of replacement arrangements so they don't pile up in your thread.
Yes, but I don't think updating without telling me is a great idea seeing as I always go over the sheets again and make changes before I submit them. There was at least one in that surprise update which was wrong...

Nakah

Right, for this reason I didn't jump into another surprise update. I'd consult you first.