News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG VIII Samurai vs Ninjas (Post game)

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, August 01, 2010, 12:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concerto No.20 in D minor

It is the Sengoku period, late 15th century.  The NinShito Mushiki clan is being attacked by rival clans and mercenary Ninja's.  Several head officials have been assassinated in the night at the NinShito palace the past few days, and it is speculated that Shinobi (Ninja's) have infiltrated the area.  Several people have claimed that they have seen a Shinobi in the city the past few days.  They have been said to be hidden as priests, monks, ronin and samurai.  An elite group of Seven Samurai have been assigned to find these murders and end them.  These samurai must wear a helmet though to protect their identity.  They have a contact in the city who is tracking the Ninja's (Seer).  During the night, a bodyguard can be assigned to any of the samurai or the spy, to protect them from any attacker.

I'm including one special bonus item in this game.  The first person to be killed by the Ninja will leave behind a Tattle Scroll, which will act as a one time Seer; but they must use it during the first day.  To use it they choose someone they want to seer, and PM me their name.  I will then leave the scroll behind (make a post) of what color that person is.  That way they aren't completely left out.

It is now NIGHT ONE. All PMs are out. Night one ends Monday, August 2nd, at 8pm MDT. (GMT-7)

Ninja
Ninja
Ninja

Spy (Seer)
Elite Samurai (Guardian)
Samurai
Samurai
Samurai
Samurai
Samurai
Samurai
Samurai

There are twelve spots for this game.
1. MasterPenguin
2. Dude
3. Nakah
4. drpamplemousse
5. askalice23
6. SlowPokemon
7. Kotor
8. ETF
9. Wrydryn
10. SFK
11. MG
12. Maestro

DrP

for editing purposes, you can shorten my name to DP!

What's wrong with MST?  It's great!

DrP

MST rocks... its only an hour away from me in PST!! (and technically its MDT right now)

master_gamer38

I spent part of the day in MDT!! 1 hour car ride to my destination. 3 hours to return. Stupid time changes.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

master_gamer38

Okay, so. Lets get things going.

First of all. I'm green. Seer, you could seer me and find that out. Or, the tattle scroll could be used on me to find that out. To simplify, I'm telling everyone straight out.

Second of all, this should be an easy win for us. We have a shot at an early alliance that can build quickly. A guardian-seer alliance is powerful. A guardian guards him/herself up front and states if the seer has found a wolf. Simple.

I believe we should do just that.

So, guardian, claim to the thread. Do so before the phase ends, and guard yourself.

Seer, stay back for now, and seer the guardian. If the result of the seering is blue, PM them and start an alliance.

With each consecutive seering, PM the person that is seered and add them to the alliance, unless of course they are seered red. Then tell the guardian to post that they are a wolf to the thread. This keeps the Seer safe in the background, and the wolves up front.

And then there is the tattle scroll. I really don't have much advice there. Basically it's the first wolfed person's random choice. If it's green, seer and guardian should go to them. If it's blue, well, uh oh that could be bad. If it's red, well we have a lynching to do.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: kotorfanboy on August 01, 2010, 09:15:36 PMew MST

That's 8:00 for MST/MDT, but it's 10:00 for me, EST... Now I won't see it till rather late. xP
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nakah

Quote from: master_gamer38 on August 02, 2010, 01:54:18 AMSecond of all, this should be an easy win for us. We have a shot at an early alliance that can build quickly. A guardian-seer alliance is powerful. A guardian guards him/herself up front and states if the seer has found a wolf. Simple.

So, guardian, claim to the thread. Do so before the phase ends, and guard yourself.

Seer, stay back for now, and seer the guardian. If the result of the seering is blue, PM them and start an alliance.

With each consecutive seering, PM the person that is seered and add them to the alliance, unless of course they are seered red. Then tell the guardian to post that they are a wolf to the thread. This keeps the Seer safe in the background, and the wolves up front.

Why do all of this? It would make things unnecessarily difficult. If the seer claims to the thread, then we can see if there are any counter-claiming seers. The guardian claiming to the thread would eliminate that from happening. Also, the guardian should never be known, because he should be protecting the Seer, not himself. If he is protecting himself, then he is putting the seer at risk of being wolfed. If he is protecting the seer and is known to the thread, then he is putting himself at risk, and thus the seer.

Guardian SHOULD NOT claim to the thread. Instead the guardian should come to me. I am the Seer, and I was going to wait until Day 1 to come out to see if anyone claimed seer first, but with this 'guardian come out bc ETF is playing' strategy, I'd rather risk coming out to you guys now.

I haven't yet made a decision to seer anyone, but guardian you must guard me. I sure as hell hope the guardian will view the thread before night ends. If anyone counter-claims as the seer, then they're a wolf and I'll seer them to prove it.

Surely you must have seen the potential flaws of the guardian coming out, MG. Guardian should come to me so we can start this alliance.

master_gamer38

The way I think of it as Nakah, is that the seer stays completely hidden. And then the guardian can guard himself right away. It allows him to guard him/herself this first night, rather than you (if you truly are the seer). You having to rely on him/her could have problems, like if the guardian is inactive, you could be killed.

I can see the pros of your side as well though Nakah. Eliminating the difficulties of having the seer to hide would make things much more streamlined. But, this night one risk of an inactive guardian isn't good. If something goes wrong this night, we might lose our best chance at an easy alliance.

Either way though, we've gone down this path and this path we must take.

askalice23

guardian should never claim to the thread.... ever

guardian should guard nakah tonight and well every night and well we will wait and see. not much to do on the first night.

master_gamer38

I've actually have seen it work out the way that I said. Very well I might add. That's why I suggested that.

Nakah

The guardian has come to me and it was good.

SlowPokemon

Guardian claiming to the thread seems like a mistake because that makes them a supreme target for wolves, and it's not like you can protect yourself forever...

Can a guardian protect himself? :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.