Ruto Should Be Doing Science...(Art Post)

Started by Ruto, July 22, 2010, 10:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Strange habit...art.

1. Draw stuff from art class
2. Draw stuff on my computer
3. Shoot pictures with a dinky old camera.
4. ???
5. Profit Debt

Linked from my deviantart.

I did Faron Spring also, but I'm planning to remove my signature on it since it's written in black and completely ruining the picture.

Photo.

Also I noticed this is thread #2000! LOL.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

universe-X

Ruto

Thanks!

I don't really do that much digital art, still a noob lol. If you can still see it with the watermark...good XD

universe-X

OMG, if you wanna see real digital art...

:o <= CLICK ME!

EDIT: Not saying your's is bad or anything, it's awesome! xP

Ruto

Oooh my art teacher showed stuff from that youtube guy...to think I was only using paint to draw Pokemon when I was a kid (with a mouse). That drawing is lost to time but I remember drawing pikachu and pidgeot pixel by pixel. This guy obviously had a tablet XD

The thing that gets me about digital art is that my hand eye coordination isn't as great yet---looking at the computer screen while the tablet is flat in front of the monitor is much harder than paper and pencil (where you can see what your hand is drawing on the surface). They have more expensive tablets that allow you to draw on "directly", here but they're $2,000. I'm saving that for a camera D:

There was a video of a person drawing a portrait in 30 seconds. That was epic XD

SlowPokemon

Hi Ruto, your art is really cool! I like the rose... very detailed.

You have talent.  :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 27, 2010, 06:37:01 AMHi Ruto, your art is really cool! I like the rose... very detailed.

You have talent.  :D

Thanks so much! I actually used my sister's camera for that one, it's not much better than mine though. =D

I noticed I didn't put up hand drawn stuff yet. Here is a tone study with charcoals.

Watermarked version on deviantart. Yepp I tend to put marks on things.

SlowPokemon

DrP

I can't wait to see that Skyward Sword piece (when its done!)

universe-X

Ruto

Gahaha, thanks guys XD

Nothing major up yet...but here's a sketch. 

DrP

camera quality is actually really good.

youre a really great artist, Ruto!! that picture is desktop picture worthy... frame it and you have a quality wall hanging!

SlowPokemon

It's obvious that you love art! And it's even more BLATANTLY obvious why: you're very good! :D

Cool Link pic, Ruto!

universe-X

Nothing major...? I'll just explode if I do see anything major by your standards, cuz your sketches are epic...

Honestly, I don't see how some artists do these shade effects or blend in different shades like that. Keep it up!

Ruto

=]

thanks!

@universe-X

For pencil drawings like the Link one, I use a tortillon:

which really helps create shades and smooths things out.  You can also use your fingers but graphite is hard to come off from your fingers sometimes and you can leave oil on the paper from your fingers. Tissues can also work but they can leave stuff behind.  Tortillons are also more precise than fingers.

In charcoal, I use a chamois cloth/fingers to blend. A chamois cloth works almost like an eraser with charcoals (so be careful, it can take a lot more off than you were intending to). But over time, it gets dirty and stops working well.

To get darker shades with pencils, increase the pressure of the pencil, to get lighter shades...opposite. Be sure to use soft pencil leads so you don't gouge your paper.

For paints, it's hard to explain in a sentence but it involves the choice of colors.

...That's the tip of the iceberg XD