News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender (the show). personally im really fricken happy that i am going to spare you the caps lock. what are your thoughts?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=68135
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Harvest

*wipes sweat from forehead

I thought you were talking about a sequel to the terrible movie that just came out, that would have been shocking and depressing.
-

Dude

That's exactly what I was thinking too. XD

Nana1Popo2

well, theyre still going to have the next two chapters made into movies, too, according to M. Night.
as far as that goes, they better redeem themselves because I was greatly disappointed with it, too.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Maretocks

Yay. Win.

^__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________^
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

It would seem you beat me to making a topic on this.

I heard about this a couple months ago. While I would love to have seen them continue Aang's storyline from where it left off, considering the number of unanswered questions, as well as future plots they left us with(ex. Zuko trying to locate his mother). So it is a bit of a disappointment in that regard, but the fact that they are continuing the Avatar series is just amazing.

Knowing the genius behind the series, they'll know how to tie all the lose ends left by the original series, most likely with perfect execution.

On another note, I watched the first ten minutes of the movie, would have thrown up if I was forced to bare any more of it. So the fact that there even a possibility of them continuing the movie series, especially under Shamalalalan is just appalling.

^My thoughts as a fanboy

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

damn, I never watched all of the Avatar series, but definitely half of the episodes, and this is pretty exciting!

SuperFireKirby

Go watch the series from start to finish, I COMMAND YOU.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

SuperFireKirby

*bump*

So the planned number of episodes for Legend of Korra has more than doubled! WOOT! The current number is now 26(it was 12 before). Hopefully they raise it once more(at least).

But unfortunately the show has been pushed back to next year. It had originally planned to premier this fall. But I can wait that long for this.

Also, this time around all the episodes are being written by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko(the creators of Avatar), where as in the original series episodes had various writer from episode to episode(but the head writer for all of them was Aaron Ehasz). But I'd say this change is a good thing because most of my favorite episodes were written by Koniezko and DiMartino.

And now for some wicked fan art:

You've just been fanboyed :D

Jub3r7

Wait why have I never heard of the Legend of Korra until just now. :(
I haven't watched all of the series yet, but I was working on it. (Until school came along.)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

*FANBOY BUMP*

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

THE FIRST OFFICIAL TRAILER HAS BEEN RELEASED FOR AVATAR: LEGEND OF KORRA

ENJOY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54srZLuYfb0

I haven't actually watched it yet because I want to view it when I have sound, so I'll probably watch it later today at the library.

Nebbles

AAAAHHHHH HOLY SHIT I AM SO EXCITED
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

triforced1

SuperFireKirby

OMG JUST WATCHED IT WITH SOUND. THIS LOOKS SO EPIC.

I probably won't love it as much as the orignal series. and I still would have proffered a direct sequel to the Last Airbender with all the original people we loved(Aang, Katara, ect.). AND BY GOD THEY LEFT SO MANY LOOSE ENDS AT THE END OF THE SERIES.

But I really don't like how modernized it all looks. I mean, it's only been like 70 or 80 years since Avatar: The Last Airbender. And quite a bit of the city could have easily passed as being in the 21st century rather than some ancient past. I mean flashbacks from the original series that go back, like, 300 years show very little change in the world. But I suppose technology and architectural booms(specifically after choatic, destructive wars) are a very real thing, which could explain such a change.

But never the less, the show will still blow my mind I'm sure.

EDIT: Just watched through it again. There is electricity. And cars. That's pushing it, big time. Next thing you know, she's gonna be fighting guys with machines guns. :-\