News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Legend of Korra

Started by Nana1Popo2, July 21, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I just really want to know what happened to Zuko's mom. 8|
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Never really got into the original series. Watched a lot of the episodes, and I know the story, but I never loved it all that much, plus I just always had other stuff to watch/do. It's definitely one of the more refined and overall good cartoons out there, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 18, 2011, 03:47:42 PMNever really Definitely got into the original series. Watched a lot of the episodes, and I know the story, but I never loved it with all my heart that much, plus I just always had other stuff to watch/do had time to watch something so incredible. It's definitely one of the more Most refined and overall good Best cartoons out there, though.
*Jesus this needed alot of fixing

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

triforced1

Legos

Just in case, plot overview.

QuoteThe series will focus on Korra, a teenage female protagonist from the Southern Water Tribe and the current incarnation of the Avatar, who, according to the president of Nickelodeon, will be "hotheaded, independent, and ready to take on the world." She has already mastered the elements of Water, Earth, and Fire, but needs to master Air. The character was partly inspired by Avatar Kyoshi of the original series, who the creators say was very popular among fans. In order to avoid repetition of Aang's adventures, the creators wanted to root the show in one place, called United Republic, a steam-punk style metropolis where people of all nations, benders and non-benders, live together, founded by Aang and Zuko and built after the 100 year war. The city's police are metalbenders led by Toph's daughter and taught by Toph herself. A group of anti-benders, called the Equalists, use chi blocking skills to subdue their enemies. A concept drawing of the city, released with the announcement of the series, shows the city's design as inspired by Shanghai in the 1920s and 1930s, Hong Kong, Manhattan, and Vancouver. There are Pro-Bending teams, but Airbending is not included. In the show, Korra will have to learn Airbending from master Tenzin, son and youngest child of Avatar Aang and Katara, and contend with an anti-bender revolution taking place in United Republic. The final design of Korra was revealed at the 2011 San Diego Comic Con, along with her Animal Guide, who will be a Polar Bear Dog called Naga. Aang has found a new breed of flying bison after the war, and there will also be new flying lemurs called Ring-Tailed Winged Lemurs. They will not appear much until the second season.

I'm so excited for this! I loved Avatar!

I wish, like others, that some loose ends were tied. What happened to Azula is my main question. She's my favorite character. I know she got locked up but did she escape? Did she stay silently? Makes me wonder.  ???

SuperFireKirby

probably locked up like Ozai.

So is The United Republic actually the final name or is it just like, a project name for the city? I really hope so considering the name is boring(much like the city from what the trailer shows). :-\

I really hope I'm super wrong about this show and that its insanely awesome. But with every new detailing, I find myself less and less excited aboot it.  But even so, I still am at a level where I can't wait for it to come oot. It would take a major disappointment to really bring me down.

SlowPokemon

triforced1

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 19, 2011, 01:39:13 PMLolno it was not that good.
Bro, seriously. It was the only tv show that has ever made me shed tears. Even after three full run through of the entire series, I still had some water works going last night when I watched the series finale.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 20, 2011, 11:01:37 AMBro, seriously. It was the only tv show that has ever made me shed tears. Even after three full run through of the entire series, I still had some water works going last night when I watched the series finale.

That's definitely not me. I enjoy a good cheesefest occasionally if it's really good, like The Book Thief or something, but in my opinion the series finale of this show would only make someone who's super obsessed or really emotional cry.

triforced1

Ooh, I'm reading the Book Thief now!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 20, 2011, 12:01:13 PMThat's definitely not me. I enjoy a good cheesefest occasionally if it's really good, like The Book Thief or something, but in my opinion the series finale of this show would only make someone who's super obsessed or really emotional cry.
WELL YOUR OPINION IS WRONG.

SlowPokemon

GODDAMMIT NOT AGAIN, WHY ARE MY OPINIONS ALWAYS WRONG