News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Trainer Ave

I don't hate the entirety of gen 5, just most of the newer Pokemon, the first Black and White, and the fact that there are no good ways to shiny hunt other than Masuda breeding.
When it comes to the games gen 3 is the worst (RSE).
Reasons: Day night cycle is removed.
Nearly Impossible to complete national dex (which is caused by the next reason. i say nearly because 3rd party software makes it possible)
No backwards comparability for gen 2 games.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BlackDragonSlayer

Oddly enough, Gen 3 is where I came closest to completing the National Dex.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on August 03, 2017, 04:33:20 PMReasons: Day night cycle is removed.
This is a big problem because...why?
QuoteNearly Impossible to complete national dex
No backwards comparability for gen 2 games.
I will agree this is a problem, BUT that's got nothing to do with how Gen 3's games actually play. Also:
Quote(i say nearly because 3rd party software makes it possible)
lol 3rd party software makes anything possible in any game
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 03, 2017, 04:54:21 PMThis is a big problem because...why?
It makes the game a lot more dull, that's for sure.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Well sure, but Gen 1 lacked a day/night cycle and I doubt anyone considers them inherently lesser games for that reason alone. it's all the other stuff really
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

There's kind of a big difference between Gen 1 and Gen 3 graphics-wise...

Plus, it was taking a pretty big step backwards from Gen 2.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Well, aside from a day/night cycle being "cool," what does it really contribute? I don't think Gen 3 actually suffers just because it doesn't have it. It's like the icing vs. cake thing Olimar brought up earlier.

mikey

how was the day/night cycle removed from RSE?

There were multiple pokemon that evolved depending on day or night
unmotivated

Dudeman

That's only based on the system clock though; there was no graphical difference in the overworld appearance.
Here's Bulbapedia's section on Gen 3's time stuff.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 03, 2017, 05:06:03 PMWell, aside from a day/night cycle being "cool," what does it really contribute? I don't think Gen 3 actually suffers just because it doesn't have it. It's like the icing vs. cake thing Olimar brought up earlier.
Aside from visual indication of the time and graphical improvement, it's also much more immersive and contributes to certain mechanics, like being able to find certain Pokemon at certain times. It's one of those things that makes you question why the felt a need to remove it.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

I just realized it was missing now that you've mentioned it O.o

Case in point, it didn't make much of a difference. The only thing that mattered was that time-based evolutions still worked...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BlackDragonSlayer

Of course, if you were like young me and didn't yet understand the effects of the time system and the repercussions of just randomly setting the clock...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 03, 2017, 05:12:56 PMAside from visual indication of the time and graphical improvement, it's also much more immersive and contributes to certain mechanics, like being able to find certain Pokemon at certain times. It's one of those things that makes you question why the felt a need to remove it.

except the only gens that really bothered with time of day as a factor in pokemon encountering were 2 and 4

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 03, 2017, 05:50:27 PMexcept the only gens that really bothered with time of day as a factor in pokemon encountering were 2 and 4
that was an example

Also, this page goes more into depth about stuff affected by time, in all generations. Plus, in terms of Pokemon availability, Gen 5 concerned itself much more with seasonal Pokemon changes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

just my 2 cents, I really dislike time based stuff

"I HAVE TO STAY UP TILL 3 AM TO CATCH THIS ROTOM" nah
unmotivated