News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

cashwarrior1

AmpharosAndy

It took me far too long to get that joke
innit

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Trainer Ave

Honestly I'm glad they didn't announce a sinnoh remake. I want them to take their time on it so it can be as good as it can possibly be. (And it must have the underground)
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on June 06, 2017, 08:48:52 PMHonestly I'm glad they didn't announce a sinnoh remake. I want them to take their time on it so it can be as good as it can possibly be. (And it must have the underground)
Implying they couldn't be/have been taking their time with them if they had announced them today?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

I've seen reference to this post before, but it really clicked with me when I looked at the collection of images someone posted in the comments with older eyes edited on some newer Pokémon. Suddenly they all looked way cooler.

Except Bewear. Don't change Bewear.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sir Dino

Quote from: Dudeman on June 23, 2017, 09:24:36 AMExcept Bewear. Don't change Bewear.
^
Even in the anime, Ash's eyes sort of dulled down to a child-like appearance, i'm guessing to attract a younger audience aka new generation who didn't grow up with pokemon like the 90s kids did?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on June 23, 2017, 09:24:36 AMI've seen reference to this post before, but it really clicked with me when I looked at the collection of images someone posted in the comments with older eyes edited on some newer Pokémon. Suddenly they all looked way cooler.

Except Bewear. Don't change Bewear.
Yeah, I saw that too. I never realized how much more awesome Greninja could look.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Sir Dino on June 23, 2017, 09:30:48 AM^
Even in the anime, Ash's eyes sort of dulled down to a child-like appearance, i'm guessing to attract a younger audience aka new generation who didn't grow up with pokemon like the 90s kids did?

No, it's actually just an evolution of Ken Sugimori's art style. Over time he starts to favor rounder and more cartoonish designs, rather than the anime-esque and sharp angles of the original couple gens. We see him start to experiment with this in Ruby and Sapphire and then in Diamond and Pearl, but it becomes fully developed around Black and White. It's especially obvious when you compare the designs of ORAS to RS.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

wouldn't ken sugimori be less and less responsible for the art the further the series progresses?
Like I assume he did all the art in the beginning but now he's "lead art design" or something and doesn't hardly do any drawing

edit: by jove reddit is on to something
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 23, 2017, 02:30:05 PMedit: by jove reddit is on to something
Just to be clear, nobody's saying that the designs are bad just because the eyes changed; just that they become less like what older fans are used to Pokemon looking like, because of a simple, subtle change that then makes everything else seem "off" because you can't exactly pinpoint it easily. One reason for why this might be, in specific, is because it makes the evolved forms seem less intimidating and more "cutesy."

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 23, 2017, 02:30:05 PMwouldn't ken sugimori be less and less responsible for the art the further the series progresses?
Like I assume he did all the art in the beginning but now he's "lead art design" or something and doesn't hardly do any drawing

edit: by jove reddit is on to something

Ken Sugimori does the final art of every character and monster in the games. He has the final say-so about design and ultimately gives each monster its official look.

SlowPokemon

A list without context or explanations ranking the Pokémon soundtracks:

1. Sun / Moon
2. Gold / Silver
3. Diamond / Pearl
4. Black / White
5. Red / Blue
6. Ruby / Sapphire
7. X / Y

Insert the remakes and sequels alongside their originals

Any questions

If your question is "are you hoping to cause a big discussion and argument" the answer is yes

Nebbles

Is Ruby/Sapphire so low because the ORAS soundtrack was hot garbage?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel