News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

It used to give me a really hard time when I was a kid, but if you level and train properly and evenly you should be fine.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

I dunno how it's a problem for me then. I fight EVERY trainer, I'm constantly switching out all my members so that they're all around the same level. I create a strategy for a lot of my pokemon, but I don't use drugs. I know my typings. The problem is: the elite four and champion can one-shot almost all my pokemon because they have a move I'm weak to. It's not a matter of strategy or being at a good level, it's a matter of surviving a single blow. I dunno, my pokemon seem to be murdered by moves that are way more powerful than I'm expecting.

EDIT: I'm not trying to complain that I apparently suck at pokemon. I actually really like the fact that I struggle against the champion/elite four, it makes me feel WAY more accomplished when I do defeat them.

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

I spend all my money on full restores :P

E. Gadd Industries

I got a Volcanion yesterday! :P Heads up for those who don't know: you can get it at GameStop until the 31st.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

I got two last week. For the first time in a gen, I have all Pokemon, including events.

...But I feel empty inside. No joy, no relief, Just "oh good, its over." Was it because ORAS made my heart break for many reasons? (Hence why I never liked playing it outside of my time at VGC Regionals) Couldn't be, since I obtained all 718 Pokemon before ORAS launched in my X version and felt the same way. (which I had moderate enjoyment with due to berry mutations and wi-fi with friends.)

Perhaps it's because the GTS can give you literally ANYTHING by searching the name of the Pokemon, unlike prior gens where you must see the pokemon first? I thought that for the longest time, since Gen IV was the closest I came to 100%ing a dex before Gen VI (the last ones I needed to catch being fossil pokemon that were too high of a level to evolve into) but looking back at it now, in Gen IV I tried to get the pokemon I've seen in my dex via the GTS and never had the same crazy luck I did in Gen VI.

I don't know, but while I felt super happy and eager to finish my dex in Gen IV (or at least try before I got stuck), finishing the dex in Gen VI had zero effect on making me happy, even before ORAS came out. And this is in an era where you get a shiny charm for completing it (which TBH I can care less about as shinies are crap IMHO so I prefer the certificate)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Maelstrom

I think you're expecting too much fulfilment from video games.
Might want to try elsewhere.

SlowPokemon

Set limits on yourself. Don't use the GTS so much.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 17, 2016, 10:07:01 AMI think you're expecting too much fulfilment from video games.
Might want to try elsewhere.

I've beaten NES Ninja Gaiden II without cheats and many, many other games over the past few years and one thing in common is that in most cases, I feel happy and fulfilled when I beat/complete them. It's like a big hurdle I jumped over.

But sometimes, there's that one game that's either too dull/shit/boring that makes it so I never want to touch it again (such as Kirby's Epic Yarn or Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV), or the rare game that's too frustrating that I'd rather not waste my time (like Kirby's Dream Course). But even those are rare as in most cases as there's usually one thing good that comes out of a game, whether its an in-game achievement  or seeing the credits, or at least having fun, even with the challenging games (I still love Castlevania titles despite me never being able to beat most of them without restore points/constant continuing for example)

Heck, you could consider every other Pokemon game ever to be under that latter category, since I've never 100%ed the national dex in the other main games but I still enjoy beating trainers and collecting badges. Even the PMD games could fall under this since I've only 100%ed one (Gates) but love them all for their stories/the adventure.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I can't get the motivation to collect all the collectibles in Gen VI (with the Pokedex feeling like a chore rather than being fun, when there's other things to hunt for like Berries and TMs), then something is off, either with the game or the way its presented.

Though of course, the GTS is probably the main issue, since its easy to use and the one thing that limited it from being an instant-win tool is lifted. Still, its not like I started a new game and sat at my bed and GTS'd every pokemon from my bank to 100% the pokedex before the first gym, I still caught/traded/evolved hundreds on my own. I just used GTS for version exclusives or pokemon that were stupidly weak and hard to evolve (like nearly every fossil pokemon)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 17, 2016, 10:13:31 AMSet limits on yourself. Don't use the GTS so much.

I did this, I completed the OR pokedex and only ever used the GTS for vivillon forms

and for the record i also limited other trades, i only traded for Y exclusives

Ruto

Things I do in ORAS:

Breed lots of 5 IV pokemon
Battle Maison
QR codes
Host giveaways of 5 IV pokemon for people who like my art page on facebook and 6 IV Dittos. Some suggestions on what people want? No legendaries...

to do list:
Breed pokemon that have certain hidden powers

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

things I do in oras

wish I could find my copy
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I've actually been playing ORAS recently. Trying to get inspiration for a fanfic about Latios, Latias and a Minun.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Latios212

Ah, how time flies. On the left is a promotional card from the new TCG set, Evolutions, which is mostly comprised of (powered-up) reprints of Base Set cards (on the right, original Charmander).

Spoiler
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Ruto

So I went to the local Gamestop in a last ditch effort to get codes for Volcanion. The guy at the counter gave me FOUR.

I walked outside holding the cards and this guy asks me about them, and I told him they were free at Gamestop and he runs inside. If he didn't take off so fast I would have just given him one :o I'm not sure if the clerk gave me everything that was left!

Anyway, now I have three extra Volcanion codes...I don't think you can get more than one per game but I'll check. At most I'll keep only two for myself, and maybe I'll give the other two away for people who like lazy bears. Hehehe.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.