News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Altissimo

Quote from: Nebbles on January 25, 2016, 08:55:26 AMOr, if you know your stuff, RNG manipulation!

i managed to rng manip a certain nature/iv registeel that required 11 minutes after powering on the game on my 8th try in emerald once, that was one of the pinnacles of my gaming existence

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Nebbles on January 25, 2016, 08:55:26 AMOr, if you know your stuff, RNG manipulation!
what's that? and shiny Lucario is gold, right?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Altissimo

Dudeman

Red Nuzleaf Growth manipulation. It involves using a shiny Nuzleaf's stats after it uses Growth to determine which patches of nearby grass will contain a shiny. Normally the values are too high for any nearby patches to have any, but sometimes if you're lucky, one will be nearby.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Quote from: Dudeman on January 25, 2016, 04:00:13 PMRed Nuzleaf Growth manipulation. It involves using a shiny Nuzleaf's stats after it uses Growth to determine which patches of nearby grass will contain a shiny. Normally the values are too high for any nearby patches to have any, but sometimes if you're lucky, one will be nearby.

the only problem is i dont have a shiny nuzleaf hrnnggggg i know all about this method and i totally want to try it but alas

Dudeman

Really, the only problem is finding the grass in the first place. You have to divide the Nuzleaf's resulting attack stat by 6 (rounded up) and then go that many steps South before multiplying the Defense stat by 2 and moving that many steps East. Then, if your last party member is a Water-type but not over level 23, you have to use fly and go to the last town where you bought an X Attack. Otherwise, you have to use Dig and then talk to Nurse Joy at that Pokémon Center 7 times but refuse her offer each time. Then you have 150 seconds to run to the nearest trainer with a Normal-type and talk to them twice before fishing at a nearby pool. If it is a Magikarp, you have to Growl at it until its Attack can't go any lower and then capture it in a Nest Ball. Nickname it with an "x" in the fourth letter slot and walk into grass within the next 100 steps. Within five encounters, you should have a shiny. It's quite simple, really.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

i know i know i just don't have the shiny nuzleaf yet :(

E. Gadd Industries

Has anyone here heard about the Super Bowl Pokémon commercial?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

AwesomeYears

I think I have, but I simply don't care for Superbowl for obvious reasons.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Dudeman on January 25, 2016, 04:29:51 PMReally, the only problem is finding the grass in the first place. You have to divide the Nuzleaf's resulting attack stat by 6 (rounded up) and then go that many steps South before multiplying the Defense stat by 2 and moving that many steps East. Then, if your last party member is a Water-type but not over level 23, you have to use fly and go to the last town where you bought an X Attack. Otherwise, you have to use Dig and then talk to Nurse Joy at that Pokémon Center 7 times but refuse her offer each time. Then you have 150 seconds to run to the nearest trainer with a Normal-type and talk to them twice before fishing at a nearby pool. If it is a Magikarp, you have to Growl at it until its Attack can't go any lower and then capture it in a Nest Ball. Nickname it with an "x" in the fourth letter slot and walk into grass within the next 100 steps. Within five encounters, you should have a shiny. It's quite simple, really.

My Brain shut down in the middle of this.....

Altissimo

That tends to happen, it's common for newcomers to not get it. You have to have studied Pokémon weirdness for a long time.

My favorite is the RBY glitch where you can walk through walls by talking to the guy who takes you to Brock with a very specific Bulbasaur in your party

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

braix

Quote from: BrainyLucario on January 26, 2016, 05:31:32 AMMy Brain shut down in the middle of this.....
I thought you were supposed to be brainy smh
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 26, 2016, 07:53:11 AMI thought you were supposed to be brainy smh
I have my off days like everyone else.