News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

FSM-Reapr

The reason that I haven't played B/W is that when Pokemon Crystal came I was like "Are kidding me?". Since then, I've only bought Emerald, Platinum and SoulSilver. And now White 2. I'm not such a Pokemon fan that I'd buy every game when released.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

So for my tumblr I'm doing this pre BW2 vlog thing where I talk about tons of feelings about Pokemon, my experiences, etc

Would you guys be interested in it too? If I posted 'em here?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on September 23, 2012, 06:48:40 PMSo for my tumblr I'm doing this pre BW2 vlog thing where I talk about tons of feelings about Pokemon, my experiences, etc

Possibly? It's always nice to hear different opinions.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: Nebbles on September 23, 2012, 06:48:40 PMSo for my tumblr I'm doing this pre BW2 vlog thing where I talk about tons of feelings about Pokemon, my experiences, etc

Go for it.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nebbles

spitllama

What would be a good Pokemon for a solo run in Pokemon Blue? I've never played RBY before, but after playing LeafGreen it's kind of boring :X That and my roommate says a solo run would be "impossible."
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

Cobraroll

Bulbasaur or Squirtle steamrolls most of the game. Especially with Venusaur's infamous Toxic/Leech Seed combo, where both moves rack up a lot of residual damage due to being calculated by the same counter (Toxic's damage doubles every turn. When Leech Seed is used alongside it, that damage will also double every turn, and healing accordingly). Also, Leech Seed heals 100% of the damage inflicted in gen. I.

In a solo run, you have all the TMs at the disposal of one Pokémon, and you can teach it moves suited to fight the next gym leader. This makes Pokémon like Nidoran or Rhyhorn, with their vast movepools, very efficient.

EDIT: A true solo run of Pokémon Blue can only be done with one of these three Pokémon: Krabby/Kingler, Lickitung or Mew. No other Pokémon can learn all three of Cut, Surf and Strength, which are required to proceed through the entire game (Note that there are more Gen. I Pokémon capable of learning all three in later generations, such as Nidoking, Rhydon and Kangaskhan). Either way, you'd have to trade to obtain any of them from the get-go, and then you'd have an unfair advantage because of the EXP boost (and in the case of Krabby and Lickitung, high start level unless you traded from G/S/C where newly hatched Pokémon are at the acceptable level 5).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

spitllama

K so far I've beaten the first gym leader with just Squirtle. I don't really know how this works in Gen 1, but do I need to EV train or worry about natures? I'm pretty sure they're not in this gen. Is there any equivalent that would make it wise to start over the game?
Submissions Page

Cobraroll

Quote from: spitllama on October 03, 2012, 03:29:59 PMK so far I've beaten the first gym leader with just Squirtle. I don't really know how this works in Gen 1, but do I need to EV train or worry about natures? I'm pretty sure they're not in this gen. Is there any equivalent that would make it wise to start over the game?

Nope, no EVs and Natures before Gen. III, if memory serves me correctly.

There is, however, another, similar mechanic, where you gain stat points by beating Pokémon that excel in that stat. However, they can all be maxed out, and likely will be by the time you finish the game, seeing as you run solo.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

spitllama

K great I'll just continue as is. Last question: what's the best HM slave besides Mew?
Submissions Page

Yugi

Quote from: spitllama on October 03, 2012, 03:42:45 PMK great I'll just continue as is. Last question: what's the best HM slave besides Mew?
Ratatata

Nebbles

Are you gonna evolve Squirtle? Most solo runs keep evo-line pokemon at the first stage.