News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on August 03, 2017, 05:50:27 PMexcept the only gens that really bothered with time of day as a factor in pokemon encountering were 2 and 4

Also 7, but I liked when it varied based on morning, day, and night, rather than just simple day and night.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

Quote from: Altissimo on August 03, 2017, 05:50:27 PMexcept the only gens that really bothered with time of day as a factor in pokemon encountering were 2 and 4
And these are easily the best 2 generations.
Reasons:
Gen 4 brought us the first female champion. Not only was she a boss but she is considered by many to be one of the hardest fights in the entire franchise. Not only that but she was constantly involved in the story as well, going so far as to travel into another dimension with the protagonist.
These games easily have the best soundtracks.
The rival in Gen II is probably the best rival in any Pokemon game and isn't just some flat character GameFreak created just so there would be a rival in the game.
Gen II introduced day night cycle
Gen II introduced shiny Pokemon
Gen II introduced the dark and steel Pokemon types
Gen II introduced breeding
Gen II introduced Lugia (my favorite legendary)
Gen IV refined breeding and made it better
Gen IV introduced WiFi multiplayer to the Pokemon series which not only made it easier to actually battle other players but also made trade evolutions more accessible.
Gen IV introduced the physical/special split.
Gen IV gave us background information on how the Pokemon universe came into being
The TCG in Gen IV got a massive improvement
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is the best Pokemon movie ever. (Fight me)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 are unquestionably the best PMD games.
I think (and im probably wrong on this one) Gen IV introduced storing Pokemon outside of the game cartridge itself.
There are a lot of other pros to the gen II and gen IV games but these were the only ones i could think of off the top of my head.

I ripped on gen 3 a bit so ill amend it by giving some positives.
Abilities were introduced
Natures were introduced
Event Pokemon became more accessible
First remakes were introduced
There's probably more but this is all i can think of right now.

Anyway my tier list for Pokemon gens
1. Gen IV
2. Gen II
3. Gen VI
4. Gen I
5. Gen VII
6. Gen V
7. Gen III
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

there's a difference between being involved in the story and being shoehorned into the story

steven was involved in the story, Cynthia was there for no reason
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on August 03, 2017, 07:06:46 PMGen 4 brought us the first female champion. Not only was she a boss but she is considered by many to be one of the hardest fights in the entire franchise.

Iris > Cynthia, fite me m8

For the record, I one-/two-shot all of Cynthia's 'mons with an overleveled Torterra in my solo run when I was 6 years old and had no idea how the game worked. But Iris puts up a good challenge every time I play B2W2, even now.

Oh, Iris also has the best champion theme too YES I SAID THAT I SAID THAT COME AT ME BRO actually wait let's rank Champion themes now because I'm bored:

1) B2W2
2) FRLG (this is the only remix with a big enough improvement that I'm bothering to separate it from the original)
3) GSC/HGSS
4) DPPt
5) SM
6) XY
7) RBY (the FRLG remix made it sooo much better IMO, this version feels kind of empty to me)
8} RSE/ORAS
9) BW
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

RBY is the only good one everything else was bad
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Ohhh champion themes nice

1. B2W2
2. XY
3. RB
4. DP
5. GS
6. BW
7. RS
8. SM

Nebbles

...actually, my list is pretty much on par with Slow's.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

1. RBY
2. Everything else I don't remember any of them

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on August 03, 2017, 08:31:36 PM1. RBY
2. Everything else I don't remember any of them
high five
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on August 03, 2017, 08:25:42 PM...actually, my list is pretty much on par with Slow's.

this made my heart soar LOL

Also MSF, any reason BW is your least favorite? It's not as tuneful or spunky as some of the others, but I always love the fun 6/8 feel. Also the intro bars are killer and that low brass theme that kind of takes command at 0:28 is so much fun. I feel like it's a good fit for Alder.

BlackDragonSlayer

Unrelated, but I was thinking about Silvally, and how it's literally PU tier right now (lol), and then, I was thinking about how to possibly make it better.
1. This would be a first for the Pokemon series, but add a certain location where you can alter Silvally's base stats, allowing you to increase or decrease each of its stats by up to 25 each, the only stipulation being that its BST has to be 570 by the time you're done.
2. Buff Multi-Attack to 100 base power, and have it change to Physical/Special based on which is Silvally's highest attacking stat. This would give Silvally a bit more "OOMPH" and give you a reason to use Multi-Attack instead of a similar move of the same type.
3. Make the Memories actually do something except be items to hold to change type (e.g. Electric Memory gives Multi-Attack a 15% chance to paralyze, Ghost Memory gives Multi-Attack a 15% chance to flinch, and so on).

Silvally is such a versatile and fascinating Pokemon; shame that right now, it's not exactly the best, or even very good. :<
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I think I'd rank G/S a little higher imo but yeah

...Silvally makes me sad. I kinda wish it was more relevant instead of it being like, a discount Arceus.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on August 03, 2017, 08:45:12 PM...Silvally makes me sad. I kinda wish it was more relevant instead of it being like, a discount Arceus.
It seems like every time they try to make a "discount" Pokemon, it ends up being terrible (coughphionecough).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mastersuperfan

I like them all, but my lack of love for BW's champion theme mainly stems from the lack of an interesting melody. I like the feel of the track itself, but it's just not so memorable with a captivating melody, especially since some of it is just dotted quarters one after another.

Although, upon further thought, I may be inclined to move it ahead of RSE/ORAS. That one just felt bland to me, honestly--it feels too much like the Gym Leader theme (which I'm not a big fan of), just faster and with the notes switched around. A lot of RSE battle themes actually sound very similar to me, so the ones that are distinct are the ones that are memorable, such as the Rival, Elite Four, or Archie/Maxie battle themes. IMO, the Champion theme wasn't one of them.

EDIT: Woah I just got triple-ninja'd
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

best rival themes let's go

RSE

everything else
unmotivated