News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

NSM Resources

Started by Ruto, July 14, 2010, 10:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Erm, having some trouble with layers. I'm using an accidental to naturalize a note in layer 1, but layer 2 doesn't know I made that change. Now I'm trying to have layer 2 of that same measure show an accidental (which reverts the note back to the same as the key signature), but Finale won't allow it since the key signature is already applying to it. But the reader of the music won't know any better.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bespinben

Quote from: spitllama on February 15, 2012, 07:26:34 PMErm, having some trouble with layers. I'm using an accidental to naturalize a note in layer 1, but layer 2 doesn't know I made that change. Now I'm trying to have layer 2 of that same measure show an accidental (which reverts the note back to the same as the key signature), but Finale won't allow it since the key signature is already applying to it. But the reader of the music won't know any better.

I have developed a graphical approach to solving this problem. If your version of Finale has "Special Tools", then simply use the "Accidental Mover Tool" and move the undesired second accidental in the same exact place on the page as the first desired accidental. Make sense?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on February 15, 2012, 07:26:34 PMErm, having some trouble with layers. I'm using an accidental to naturalize a note in layer 1, but layer 2 doesn't know I made that change. Now I'm trying to have layer 2 of that same measure show an accidental (which reverts the note back to the same as the key signature), but Finale won't allow it since the key signature is already applying to it. But the reader of the music won't know any better.
Highlight it and press "p" to make it a courtesy accidental. You can press it again if you don't want to use brackets.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

spitllama

Yah when I googled that's what I found too, but it's not seeming to do it. I'm not sure if it has something to do with being a chord instead of a single note.
Submissions Page

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on February 15, 2012, 07:46:02 PMYah when I googled that's what I found too, but it's not seeming to do it. I'm not sure if it has something to do with being a chord instead of a single note.
:\ the courtesy note should work. hmm could I take a look at it?

spitllama

Dangit I always miss that "highlighting" actually means double-clicking the note, not just clicking it once to highlight it. That's what I did wrong. Thanks Shado.
Submissions Page

porygons

how do you make a pdf file on notepad 2011 ???
It's a pleasure to burn
                    Fahrenheit 451

Shadoninja

Quote from: porygons on March 29, 2012, 05:07:37 PMhow do you make a pdf file on notepad 2011 ???
As long as you're able to print, you can follow this guide.

If you're unable to print, might I suggest you download Notepad 2012? It's free and you will be able to print hence you can create a PDF with PDFCreator.

Shadoninja

I'm thinking of doing another of these but I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. There are three topics i'd like to do:
How to Dropbox like a boss
A guide to arrangement threads and submissions
And an introduction to finale script.

Which one would everyone like to see first?

spitllama

Given that I don't know what a "script" is, I say that one. Second is the Dropbox one.
Submissions Page

MoboMoga

I used to use MediaFire, but Dropbox is SOOO convenient, even if you don't know how to use it prof lol

just draaag the file to your dropbox folder, and there you go! Oh, and you have to get the URL of course.

spitllama

Very helpful. Thanks Shado.
Submissions Page

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 29, 2012, 12:58:18 AMUnderstanding Note Value Terms
What's a crotchet? Is that some kind of tennis term? Don't worry, this list will clarify both American and British terms.

American        British
Double Whole Note        Breve
Whole Note        Semibreve
Half Note        Minum
Quarter Note        Crotchet
Eighth Note        Quaver
Sixteenth Note        Semiquaver
Thirty-second Note        Demsemiquaver
Sixty-fourth Note        Hemidemisemiquaver
Oh those British terms... "crotchet" sounds like a brand of sports-groin guards. Quaver sounds like a brand name for a nausea-reducing medicine. Minum sounds like Minun. Breve is the only one that sounds remotely musical, but the images (more properly, sounds) conjured by that are even more disturbing...
Maybe it's because I'm too used to our American terms. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

porygons

Thanks for helping me with the pdf thing I havent been on here in a while
It's a pleasure to burn
                    Fahrenheit 451