Random Madness (My Second Less-Than-Amazing Story)

Started by SlowPokemon, July 09, 2010, 12:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

...Well obviously that wasn't happening... -_-

I'm not sure how long till the next chapter... I just want to be done with this so I can get to revamping the sequels...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

This chapter/scene was not in my original draft, but it makes more sense with it in. After all, where in the world would Liz have met--? But that's getting ahead of myself; enjoy this because I will be working on a theme for Blot sooner than chapter ten, unless someone REALLY wants it.

Chapter Nine
When Liz Met Blot

The next day, Mad finally brought the balloon down to Earth. (“We need to clear our heads,” he explained.) He informed them that he would be in his lab, and that they could all do whatever until three o’clock, when they would go into the air and prepare to fight Mrs. Pattybuns and Blot into oblivion. He had gotten an idea last night, he said, so he needed to be alone to think.
   Liz knew how he felt. She was walking slowly near the fountain in the park where they had met the previous day, and suddenly Boy Ghost showed up and started talking…and talking…and talking…
   â€œHey,” she interrupted his telling of a story.
   â€œAnd then I said, ‘That’s not a whale, that’s my mother!’” said Boy Ghost.
   â€œHey!” she said, slightly louder.
   â€œAnd the sailor said, ‘That’s not a whale…that’s a dolphin, you numbskull!’” Boy ghost continued, oblivious.
   â€œHEY!” she screamed.
   â€œWhat?” Boy Ghost said, irritated. “You don’t need to shout.”
   â€œUmm, no offense, but I really need to be alone right now,” Liz said hesitantly. “I know you really want to talk about your days with Captain Ishmael…but I really need some time to think.”
   Boy Ghost looked a little wounded-she felt a small pang of regretâ€"but said “Okay…yeah, I understand…” and disappeared dejectedly.

â€œThey are out of the sky!” Mrs. Pattybuns said, scandalized.
   â€œYes, I realize that fact,” said Blot irritably. “It’s not a big deal; we just heard them say they were going to be back in the air at 3 o’clock.”
   â€œAnd who are these Luke and Liz people?” demanded Mrs. Pattybuns.
   â€œJust some homeless kids they picked up, I think,” frowned Blot. “Why?”
   â€œWell, Mad and the others may not have brainwashed them yetâ€"into believing that they’re good people, I mean,” said Mrs. Pattybuns. “Maybe if we meet with them while we have the chance…they could be…let’s say….sympathetic to our cause.”
   â€œWell,” said Blot hesitantly, “I don’t know about the male. Teenage boys are typically weak and very gullible. If we reveal himself to him and he doesn’t take the opportunity…it could be bad for us.”
   â€œWell, talk to the girl, then,” Mrs. Pattybuns said impatiently. “But be sure to do it before three.”
   â€œI will…” said Blot, “but I’m still doubtful that she’d take our side over theirs.”

Liz wandered past the park to a deserted playground that nobody used anymoreâ€"not even the Bad Side of Town. She sat down on a swing to think.
   Suddenly, the swing next to her began rocking gently, even though there was no wind. She sat up straight quickly, her heart fluttering a little.
   â€œWho’s there?” she said sharply, but her voice slipped and it came out as a tiny squeak. She turned a bit red as she realized how childish that must have sounded.
   The air seemed to ripple in front of her, and all of a sudden there was a Ghost leering down at her. She shrieked and fell backwards on the ground.
   He was indeed a frightening sight on this gray day. He was like the Ghosts, Liz decided…but different. He was a deviation from the normâ€"that is, almost a negative version of them. He was longer and a little thinner than his siblings, and in place of the Ghosts’ wide, round, friendly eyes, there were eyes that were still big…except with a hungry look in them. His fangs gleamed despite the lack of sunlight, and his forked tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth.
   â€œHello,” he hissed, smiling.
   â€œHello,” Liz said nervously.
   â€œRelax a little,” said the teenage vampire ghost soothingly. “I’m not going to hurt you.”
   â€œWell…” said Liz, more than a little terrified, “umm, I think that if you don’t need anything with me, then I’ll just be…”
   â€œHold on,” said Blot haltingly, positioning his tail around her without actually touching her. “I didn’t say there’s nothing I want with you.”
   Liz gulped.
   â€œYou’re…Blot…aren’t you?” she said slowly.
   He bared his fangs in a wide grin.
   â€œAt your service,” he said, making a mock bow.
   â€œWhy are you here,” she said, after a deep breath. She wished she had not been so eager to come to the one place in town which everybody else avoided…
   â€œWell, Liz, let me ask you a question,” said Blot, looking out into the distance. “How do you know that Mad is really in the right in this game?”
   Liz opened her mouth slightly and blinked her eyes.
   â€œHow do I…what?” she said. “Of course he’s in the right! You can’t be in the right…you’re a…a…”
   â€œA what?” he asked dangerously.
   â€œâ€¦a….vampire ghost?” she said, her voice suddenly high pitched.
   â€œOhhh, right…. A vampire ghost… I couldn’t possibly be good, now… could I?”
   Liz remained silent, fearing that she had said too much.
   â€œI hate being judged!” spat Blot suddenly.
   â€œYou…what?” said Liz, not sure she had heard him right.
   â€œBeing judged! I hate that! Just because I’m a vampire ghost, and my skin is gray, and I have sharp fangs and a forked tongue, and…” he continued, struggling to get the right words out. He took a deep breath and continued. “…My parents… they hated me. Those other two… those horrible Sideburn Ghosts ruined everything. They were always better than I was. In elementary school, I was shunned by my own brother… and he was a grade lower than me. They’re not smarter than me, or better, or anything else. But for some reason, they are ALWAYS seen as good.”
   â€œYou acted pretty evil towards them so far,” Liz pointed out.
   â€œSo what?!” Blot shouted. “So what if I’m a little evil? I can assure you that that’s not my doing! I’m not evil because of the color of my body, or my fangs, or any other…other…defect…that I have! If I’m a horrible person…it’s only because society made me that way,” he finished darkly.
   Liz stared at him in disbelief for a moment. She hated this horrible…thing. She hated him with a burning passion…or did she? She suddenly found that she was able to…dare she even think it…sympathize with him.
   â€œI think that I understand what you’re saying,” Liz said hesitantly. “But you still haven’t told me what you want with me.”
   Blot stared at her suspiciously for a moment.
   â€œWe want you to join up with us, against them,” Blot said finally. “We won’t know where to attack the balloon unless we have someone…on the inside.”
   Liz looked at him incredulously for a second.
   â€œâ€¦Well…I haven’t really been through enough with them to make it wrong toâ€"to go against themâ€"right…?” she said uncertainly.
   â€œRight!” said Blot eagerly. “You’ve barely been with them at all!”
   â€œAnd… it’s not like you’re actually going toâ€"to hurt themâ€"right?” she said sharply.
   â€œCross my heart,” he said honestly.
   â€œYou only want your balloon back, right?” she asked.
   â€œAbsolutely!” Blot said heartily. “Soâ€"are you in?”
   He offered the end of his tail apprehensively. Liz stared at it for a full thirty seconds, then reached out her hand and shook it.
   Blot’s smile was as honest as his answers had beenâ€"that is to say, not at all.

Jub3r7

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 22, 2011, 11:49:08 AMWOULD YOU GIVE ME SOME CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE.

I WOULDN'T CARE SO MUCH IF OTHER PEOPLE READ THIS THREAD.

Jub3r7

XD, you know I'm only joking.

This is an intriguing twist, and I'm interested in what will happen next...
Good description with the actions and scenery, I guess.

Keep up the good writing!  :)

Jub3r7

I only respond without critique at first because I know it annoys you.  ;)