News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Mostly Wind Waker stuff...

Started by Ruto, June 24, 2010, 09:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Update: 8/2011 (Maybe moving this to somewhere else would be good)

A while ago when I was hunting for The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Songbook (it's out of print as far as I know) I found some of their sheets. So I thought I'd post some in the .mus/.midi format here for you guys to use as reference. I am not the arranger of these songs, but I haven't seen some of these on the main website so I thought I'd share. my name isn't on any of the sheets, only the composers are. I still haven't found out who the arranger is, so I'm just going to assume it's Nintendo. Send me a message if this isn't allowed.
Note: Don't submit these sheets. Seriously. They are here only for reference.

I also noticed some really similar sheets or exact copies are actually uploaded on the main site. Maybe they should be taken down?

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker [GC]

102 Menu Selection MUS MIDI
107 Fencing Instruction MUS MIDI
145 Boss Clear Fanfare MUS MIDI

220 Fairy Spring MUS MIDI
236 Molgera Appears MUS MIDI
237 Molgera MUS MIDI
256 Ending MUS MIDI
260 Game Demo MUS MIDI

---
Original post: This was the old submission thread post made last year.

These following sheets aren't my arrangements but I have permission from the original arranger to rewrite his sheets in Finale Allegro and submit to the site. (Planning to update these soon too)

I checked with him these past 2-3 weeks, and nearly everything (notes/expressions/articulations/credits) should be left unchanged on the sheets, since it is written to be as close to the originals as possible. Feedback is all right, but I would need to inform Delldongo of any changes I make to the submitted sheets and whatnot...I really just have his permission for these sheets.

[PS2] - Soul Calibur III - "Healing Winds" -Delldongo MUS MIDI

[PS2] - Soul Calibur III - "Peaceful Days" - Delldongo MUS MIDI

[PS2/GC/XBOX] - Soul Calibur II - "Hubris" - Delldongo (LOL warning for this one...) MUS MIDI

[Dreamcast] - Soul Calibur -"Going to Where the Wind Blows" - Delldongo MUS MIDI

If any links don't work, or are wrong, tell me. And the spelling of "Soul Calibur" is sort of weird. I think one refers to the game, the other spelling refers to the sword in the game. Everyone except for the unofficial wiki and katakana spells it as "Soul Calibur" so I'll leave it as that.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

TheLegend

I see them on my laptop, for some reason. 

Ruto

Quote from: TheLegend on June 25, 2010, 08:24:17 AMI see them on my laptop, for some reason. 

What do you mean?

TheLegend

I mean they're all on the family laptop.  That's the computer that has finale....

Ruto

Quote from: TheLegend on June 25, 2010, 11:13:19 AMI mean they're all on the family laptop.  That's the computer that has finale....

Odd, they must have been either the pdfs or the old versions where I asked for feedback (which are full of mistakes and should be destroyed  :P). Unless you tried working on them a while back based on the request I made.  Well these new ones have been cleaned up.

tatormellow

None of the links worked for me...

Ruto

Quote from: tatormellow on June 25, 2010, 06:57:36 PMNone of the links worked for me...

Good news! It's not you, and they've been fixed. :D I got HTML confused with BB...whoops.

Ruto

Cobraroll

Fencing Instruction is good, but could be elaborated a little. For instance, adding < s to the "strike" notes, to make them a little more heavy. Perhaps a staccato as well, so they sound more sudden.

Molgera Battle sounds great (really, there is no way to recreate the feeling of desperation in that song on the piano. You've done the best you could). But I think measures 36-47 could benefit from some 8va.

Ending only misses one thing to be perfect: The NinSheetMusic URL at the bottom of the first page. Great job!

Now waiting for someone to arrange Staff Roll from WindWaker as well...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DonValentino

Quote from: Cobraroll on September 01, 2011, 06:58:39 AMFencing Instruction is good, but could be elaborated a little. For instance, adding < s to the "strike" notes, to make them a little more heavy. Perhaps a staccato as well, so they sound more sudden.

Molgera Battle sounds great (really, there is no way to recreate the feeling of desperation in that song on the piano. You've done the best you could). But I think measures 36-47 could benefit from some 8va.

Ending only misses one thing to be perfect: The NinSheetMusic URL at the bottom of the first page. Great job!

Now waiting for someone to arrange Staff Roll from WindWaker as well...

Ehmm... Cobra? You know that songs weren´t arranged by Ruto? They are part of a songbook or something.  :P

Quote from: Ruto on June 24, 2010, 09:18:11 PMI am not the arranger of these songs, but I haven't seen some of these on the main website so I thought I'd share. my name isn't on any of the sheets, only the composers are. I still haven't found out who the arranger is, so I'm just going to assume it's Nintendo.

Ruto

If you can modify the sheets enough (and give credit where it's due), it's possible to submit the sheet for the site, I guess. There's a possibility of arranging it from the midi and seeing if your version comes out much different from the written sheet's xD

The staff roll sheet is long :o it's just a remix of Medli's Prayer/Makar's Prayer and the title, I think XD

DonValentino

Quote from: Ruto on September 01, 2011, 07:30:57 AMIf you can modify the sheets enough (and give credit where it's due), it's possible to submit the sheet for the site, I guess. There's a possibility of arranging it from the midi and seeing if your version comes out much different from the written sheet's xD

The staff roll sheet is long :o it's just a remix of Medli's Prayer/Makar's Prayer and the title, I think XD

Yes, I guess it´s a possibility. Anyways, I plan to arrange "Molgera" from scratch (was on my to-do list for a while). I don´t know if I should arrange "Molgera" or "Molgera 2nd time" (they are slighty different), mainly for the bass part.

Ruto

There's also a sheet for Molgera (second time). You could try to arrange it and check it against the published version :P if I remember right, I think there's another instrument that sounded like maracas that isn't in the piano sheet. Don't know if it'll be possible to play if that's included though :D

Wonder why no one's tried to arrange Molgera before, it is an epic fight...

DonValentino

Quote from: Ruto on September 01, 2011, 08:34:51 AMThere's also a sheet for Molgera (second time). You could try to arrange it and check it against the published version :P if I remember right, I think there's another instrument that sounded like maracas that isn't in the piano sheet. Don't know if it'll be possible to play if that's included though :D

If you can find it for me, please...  :P

Well, anyways, I don´t know if I´m gonna do the normal one or the 2nd time one, and I´m not going to start it today or tomorrow, or even next week, so don´t worry! There´s plenty of time.  :)

Cobraroll

Ahh... didn't read it all...

Anyway, the arranger known as Ganondorf arranged Molgera Appears and Molgera Battle a while back. I thought they had made their way to the site, but apparently not.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.