News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasdegi

Hi! I think it's time to post an introduction here!I've been using this site for pretty long now, so I already know some names, both from the sheets and from reading the forums.

Name: Try to guess!
Languages: French and English (Even if I'm clearly not the best at it, so there could be some errors in my posts)
Instrument: Clarinet
Favorite games : PMD on Nintendo hardware, Factorio on PC
Favorite school subject: Mathematics
Others things I like: Reading, Science, and Informatics.

I think I'm done with it!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on July 23, 2017, 09:19:07 AMSince when am I the Code Monkey?
I figured it would be easier to convince the other mods if at least one other person was on board. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

swimswamit

Quote from: Trasdegi on July 23, 2017, 01:14:25 PMHi! I think it's time to post an introduction here!I've been using this site for pretty long now, so I already know some names, both from the sheets and from reading the forums.

Name: Try to guess!
Languages: French and English (Even if I'm clearly not the best at it, so there could be some errors in my posts)
Instrument: Clarinet
Favorite games : PMD on Nintendo hardware, Factorio on PC
Favorite school subject: Mathematics
Others things I like: Reading, Science, and Informatics.

I think I'm done with it!
welcome <ican'tguessyourname>, pmd is the bomb, hope you like NSM!

You play any piano or just clarinet?

Dude

Dudeman

Quote from: Trasdegi on July 23, 2017, 01:14:25 PMFavorite games : PMD on Nintendo hardware
Oh great, you'll fit right in.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Dude

AmpharosAndy

Yay another for the Europe gang!
innit

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Trasdegi

Quote from: swimswamit on July 23, 2017, 04:07:04 PMYou play any piano or just clarinet?

I've got a piano at my home and I try to play things on it, but I never took any lesson (maybe I will one day)

swimswamit

Quote from: Trasdegi on July 24, 2017, 03:36:16 AMI've got a piano at my home and I try to play things on it, but I never took any lesson (maybe I will one day)
:D ! Cool, clarinet is an awesome instrument btw :)

Dude

I keep adding an "h" in your name and it bugs me

daj

"Trasdegi" is such a cool name haha gosh

Welcome to the forums! ^^ There seems to be quite a sizable PMD following here, which also means that most of the fun PMD tracks have been arranged already, but hey! :p

I've taken a quick glance through your "Aspertia City" and it looks pretty nice for a start, clearly you're quite experienced with music! :) Can't wait to see more pokemanz stuff from you ahaha~

Cobraroll

Uh, hi!

I've been on this site for quite some time, but been pretty inactive in the past few years. I might have checked upon the forums once or twice every six months or so, but not posted much. However, I remain just a PM away if needed!

I thought I should post here just to keep old friends informed about what I've been up to. After a few years of student life and student housing, with little time nor room for piano playing (subsequently leading to a wane in enthusiasm), I've finally graduated and may call myself a Master of Science, which is an actual title and not something I just made up. More accurately, I'm a civil engineer who specializes in building physics, a field which considers heat, moisture, and air transport in buildings and building materials, branching into energy use in buildings, and sustainability, and a lot of other cool stuff. In 2016 I graduated from "student" to "unemployed", but after nine months of job searching I found a relevant position... back at university. I'm now doing a PhD on green roof technologies, which will be finished in spring 2021 if all goes according to plan. It's like studying over again, but better paid and a lot better structured. Now I've got my own little apartment, which is big enough to have room for my keyboard and shelf space for piano sheets.

I think I'll be back on here a little more regularly now, to pick up sheets and participate in the occasional conversation, but I still fall off whenever somebody go deep into music theory. I can talk for days about building insulation, but I'll be completely stuck if somebody asks me to explain what the heck a "chord" is supposed to be. So I guess I won't be of much use when it comes to reviewing sheets (although I've got a knack for calling out for the use of 8va or 8vb markings, since any notes more than two notches above or below the note bar is completely unreadable to me), but at least I can talk about some other stuff.

You also find me on the Smogon forums, previously under the same username as here, but I had to change it to "Codraroll" after losing a bet. I later decided to keep it that way because it put a unique spin on what really was a rather bland username.

By the way, it looks like this site has really kept the steam up while I've been away!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dudeman

Hi Cobraroll, glad to see you hanging around again!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book