The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Welcome to the forums eagle
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Funky_Billiards

Hey, I'm Funky_Billiards!  You can call me Max if you want, since that's my name, but my arrangements will be attributed to Funky_Billiards.  I've been playing the piano and organ for a few years now, and have decided to help write up some arrangements for you guys.  If you're interested, I perform vgm on the organ, piano, and other instruments on my YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCghyIkaM2Aw-EXOPm74opqQ

You can get a grasp on the kind of musician I am there, otherwise you can just see what kind of arrangements I decide to notate.  I hope you guys will enjoy my work for you!

Dudeman

Ooooo, organ! Fancy!

Welcome to the forums!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

AmpharosAndy

For some reason, your videos aren't working on my computer :P I'll make sure to check them out later. Welcome!
innit

ThatHiddenCharacter

You seem pretty cool, Max. I like your videos. Nice choice in songs and lots of talent.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

E. Gadd Industries

I looked at a few of your vids (I see you saw one of my comments ;)). You're talented! Welcome to ze forums!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SirIngusBingus

Hey, I thought I'd say hello. I used to hang around the site a lot years ago. It's been a long time, but I still recognize some of the names in the forums from back then. These days I'm working on a PhD in Applied Mathematics. Man, has it been a long time.

Back when I was still active, I remember updates being few and far between, but now I see you've all got new sheets all the time. Kudos to you all for the hard work and productivity- new members and old, you're all doing amazing stuff.

I ended up back here because I was telling a friend about this site. I probably won't post very much at all (gotta write my thesis!) but it's nice to see everything that's been going on!

Dudeman

Oh hey, I definitely recognize your username.
*checks last post*
...2010?! Okay, guess we never interacted.
Thanks for visiting! It's always cool to have a super veteran show up from time to time.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

INGUS! How've you been?? Man it's been since VGV times that I've seen/heard from you! Glad to know you're still kickin', and working on a PhD nonetheless!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SirIngusBingus

Thanks guys! Olimar, good to see you too! I see your name all the time whenever an update gets posted to facebook. Those always make me smile.

I'm doing good! I moved to Baltimore (if anyone's ever in the area, hmu) and I work mostly on graph theory and network science-y stuff. Enjoying my Switch, can't wait for Splatoon this Friday. I should post my friend code later, maybe I can go a couple rounds in ARMS with you guys.

I'm not much of a musician anymore - I haven't really touched my sax in a few years now - but I joined a hip-hop dance team a few years ago, and I've gotten pretty into that. And this winter I'll actually be teaching a course on video game music! It's built from a musicology standpoint, and was 100% inspired by my time at NSM (and you can be sure I'll be showing this site in lectures!).

Dudeman

I'm excited to hear about those! :D

LeviR.star

Nice to meetcha! I feel bad for not joining back in 5th grade, when I first started browsing here, but it's nice to meet a veteran like yourself!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on July 18, 2017, 11:55:54 AMHey, I thought I'd say hello. I used to hang around the site a lot years ago. It's been a long time, but I still recognize some of the names in the forums from back then. These days I'm working on a PhD in Applied Mathematics. Man, has it been a long time.
Wow! WOW! I recognize your username from the earlier pages of some of the forum games topics! Super cool to see you back.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Holy shit yeah I remember you, but I joined in 2010 so that was when I was brand new here

Wow do you remember me?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.