News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

TWG VII: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, June 19, 2010, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegend

I'm making a new pokemon one, then I'm making a special pikachu one, and then an egyptian thing, then another nakylvanian one.  I have so many ideas...

TheLegend

I guess it's mastergamer, then.

Dude

TheLegend

Quote from: Dude on June 20, 2010, 12:44:51 PMDon't triple post.
*facepalm*
If I can't edit, what else can I do?

Dude

>_>

Are you seriously that stupid?

SuperFireKirby

I have a feeling you edited your post just to prove a point.

Anyways, I'm liking Cobra's idea. Though it may have something to do with the amazing desciption for the guardian. ::)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

master_gamer38

TheLegend, I'm not going to allow you to host if you don't completely understand the game. Which you don't. I'm sorry to do this, but you need to understand whats going on before you can host a game. Because as host, you have to know all the rules and be able to moderate.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SuperFireKirby

9:10 A.M.
A man gets a phone call. He picks up.
   "Hello?" He asks."Who is this?"
A slightly cheery, almost to the point of psychotic, male voice answers him.
   "Hello my good friend."He says."I want to play a little game"
   "Who the hell is this?"
   "I have many forms" He answers." Right now I'm your guardian angel. I would duck in about ten seconds or else you'll be shot through that window next to you"
The man becomes stricken with fear. He freezes up when suddenly he hears on the phone.
   "5"
   "4"
   "3"
   "2"
   "1"
The man ducks, when suddenly the glass shatters. He sees a bullet hole in the wall in front of him. He picks up the phone which he had dropped and shouts into it.
   "What the hell do you want?!"
   The voice answers "If you want to stay alive you'll do exactly as I say. Get out of your apartment and run down to 42nd. Go into the first alley you see. Go until you see stairs going down to a door. Go through the door and await further instructions."
The man, not knowing what else to do, listened to the voice. As he turned the corner into the alley, he heard more gun fire. He knew that someone was after him. As he raced through the door he saw 12 other people inside the small room on the other side of the door.
    One woman asked "Did you get a phone call too?"
The man nodded, and suddenly a large television screen inside the dark, musty room lit up. The silhouette of a man's face appeared.
   "Hello all" He said. "Today you shall all be part of a little social experiment. The same men who were shooting at you are in this very room. And it's up to you who were involuntarily dragged into this little game to find and kill them. Teamwork people! That. Is. The key. Without it, you're all dead meat. Quite literally in fact. Hahahaha!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Players

Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Contestant(human)
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant

Contestant

Items

Polygraph- allows possessor to seer one person during each night phase.  Will be destroyed if possessor is killed. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Silenced Pistol-allows possessor to vigi one player during each night phase. Will be destroyed if possessor is killed.. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheLegend

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on June 20, 2010, 03:59:25 PM9:10 A.M.
A man gets a phone call. He picks up.
   "Hello?" He asks."Who is this?"
A slightly cheery, almost to the point of psychotic, male voice answers him.
   "Hello my good friend."He says."I want to play a little game"
   "Who the hell is this?"
   "I have many forms" He answers." Right now I'm your guardian angel. I would duck in about ten seconds or else you'll be shot through that window next to you"
The man becomes stricken with fear. He freezes up when suddenly he hears on the phone.
   "5"
   "4"
   "3"
   "2"
   "1"
The man ducks, when suddenly the glass shatters. He sees a bullet hole in the wall in front of him. He picks up the phone which he had dropped and shouts into it.
   "What the hell do you want?!"
   The voice answers "If you want to stay alive you'll do exactly as I say. Get out of your apartment and run down to 42nd. Go into the first alley you see. Go until you see stairs going down to a door. Go through the door and await further instructions."
The man, not knowing what else to do, listened to the voice. As he turned the corner into the alley, he heard more gun fire. He knew that someone was after him. As he raced through the door he saw 12 other people inside the small room on the other side of the door.
    One woman asked "Did you get a phone call too?"
The man nodded, and suddenly a large television screen inside the dark, musty room lit up. The silhouette of a man's face appeared.
   "Hello all" He said. "Today you shall all be part of a little social experiment. The same men who were shooting at you are in this very room. And it's up to you who were involuntarily dragged into this little game to find and kill them. Teamwork people! That. Is. The key. Without it, you're all dead meat. Quite literally in fact. Hahahaha!!! LET THE GAME'S BEGIN!"

Players

Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Contestant(human)
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant

Contestant

Items

Polygraph- allows possessor to seer one person during each night phase.  Will be destroyed if possessor is killed. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Silenced Pistol-allows possessor to vigi one player during each night phase. Will be destroyed if possessor is killed.. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.
woah, woah, SFK. Your idea is better than anyone's so far...

Quote from: master_gamer38 on June 20, 2010, 03:24:18 PMTheLegend, I'm not going to allow you to host if you don't completely understand the game. Which you don't. I'm sorry to do this, but you need to understand whats going on before you can host a game. Because as host, you have to know all the rules and be able to moderate.
but I read the rules, MG, so I'm ok.  I think no one trusts me to moderate... but it's ok.  I really don't have bias at all...

master_gamer38

Quote from: TheLegend on June 20, 2010, 05:20:21 PMwoah, woah, SFK. Your idea is better than anyone's so far...
but I read the rules, MG, so I'm ok.  I think no one trusts me to moderate... but it's ok.  I really don't have bias at all...

No, TheLegend, you can read the rules all you want. That doesn't mean that you understand what's going on. I'm sorry, but until you can play the game as a player, you aren't able to host.

Nakah

I stand behind this.

Legend, you haven't played enough games to host yet. You aren't the only one, don't worry. As you can see there have only been several people who have hosted so far. You need more experience as a player before you can really host. There's a lot more to it than you think.

SuperFireKirby

I thank TheLegend for the complement. But maybe you should play a few more games before trying to host one.  That way, you can really get a feel for how the games play out and such.

I also just realized that I switched from present to past tense halfway through my story. Silly me. ::)

askalice23

I feel like a manhunt game wouldnt work only cause the past couple games didnt have alot of activity... in order for a succesful manhunt game there would have to be a ton of activity..... other than that i like mastergamers idea but sfks game seems better suited because we dont get alot of activity

HugoMeister

I'm writing one up, should probably get involved in this game a little bit again. I'll edit this or something when its done.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

master_gamer38

Quote from: askalice23 on June 20, 2010, 07:00:06 PMI feel like a manhunt game wouldnt work only cause the past couple games didnt have alot of activity... in order for a succesful manhunt game there would have to be a ton of activity..... other than that i like mastergamers idea but sfks game seems better suited because we dont get alot of activity

Well, I think part of the inactivity, is caused by the games that have special roles. Call it backwards, but that's my thinking. It's exciting to be someone that has more powers than everyone else. You feel special. But if you don't have those powers, you don't really care much because you don't really feel helpful.

If everyone is on the same boat, then they'll have to be active. Plus, there are dedicated players that are active. Even if we don't always see activity on the board. But, if we all post a way for us to talk that can work. It'll be a lot better. Also, once one is hooked on TWG, it's difficult to stop. So, my proposition is to get away from all the special roles, and just put everyone on the same foot. To get to the basics, to develop the skill level, rather than randomly say: "WOLF!"