News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG VI HOST SIGNUPS

Started by Nakah, June 05, 2010, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

I might host again. I'm not sure.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Nakah

TWG XI: Rise of the Olympians

I had an interesting idea only moments ago for a game.

Story

The year is 3341 BC, height of the old Greek Empire. The world is torn between rising empires and conquest for absolute control over all major trade routes. Greece is becoming increasingly divided, with it's city-states threatening to wage war amongst one another. Order is falling, and peace soon with it.

"The time has come for our return."

The man stepped from where he sat and walked down an aisle of people standing side by side. He wore a white cloak, golden sandals, and a sash of emerald. He stroked his luminous white beard as he paced down the aisle, complete silence fell in the grand room of his mighty throne.

"Long have we sat upon our thrones, in our gardens, on our mighty steps, watching over mortal men as they slew one another and tore apart the world that we, the gods, have brought order upon."

The room remained silent.

"Now, our time has come. Man must be saved from himself, or all life will perish with him. There is a spreading plague of greed, and jealousy, and hatred. This destroys the heart of men."

"What would you suggest we do, Olympus?" Asked Athena. "There has always been evil in man."

"Yes, I know this. I am actually more aware than you think. Infact, I am very sure of this."

"So long as there is man, there is evil." Declared Ares.

"No, so long as there is evil, we are threatened. Man was inherently good before evil, and so it shall be that man is good when evil is gone." Responded Zeus.

"But how can this be? How can one eliminate a part of man and relish the other?" Asked Athena.

"I am Olympus, am I not?" Declared Zeus, in a contempt manner that frightened the gods standing in the aisle.

"I shall separate man from his good and evil side. I shall make the evil of man into plague that will transform and twist him, turning him into the true menace of himself. Then I shall leave it up to the good of mortal man to find and destroy this evil when it's true form is discovered. Should man succeed, then the evil in men shall be eliminated everywhere. Should he fail, well, that is something we shall deal with when the time comes." Stated Zeus.

"There is only hope as their aid." Said Athena, softly.

"Hermes, brother, send word to the 12 men of the village at the base of the mountain. They shall be our mortal gladiators of fate. I will make it so, that when the evil is gone, or the good defeated, that result shall spread throughout the world as fast as my lightning bolt, and so fast you shall go to deliver this word." Said Zeus.

Hermes nodded, and with that he dashed off from the peak of Mount Olympus to seek the men in the village.

"The time for our history to be decided has come."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Roles:

12 players
   2 Titans(Wolves)
   Cronus(Master Wolf) The Master Wolf is seered as green, but is on the wolves' team and has all normal wolf functions.
   Zeus(Guardian) Has the ability to guard a player once per night.
   Ares(Vigi) Has the ability to send in a pm to kill any player of his choice once per night.
   Athena(Seer) Sends in a PM once per night to see the color of a player's role.
   Gladiators of Fate(Humans) Don't know one another, must kill the wolves in order to win.

Armor of Achilles This item is sent to a random human at the start of the game. This armor, when in the possession of a player, will protect him from being wolfed, but not lynched. So long as this player has the armor, he is protected from being wolfed. If the player is lynched with the armor, then the armor is lost forever. The player can choose to send the armor to any other player by PM'ing the host and letting him now which player to send it to.

Apollo's Bow This item is sent to a random player(Human or Wolf) at the start of the game. This item only has one arrow, meaning it has only one use. To use, the player with this item sends a PM to the host stating the name of the player that he/she wishes to use it on. The bow has the ability to resurrect one player during the Night phase. When used, the bow disappears. The player has the ability to send this item to another via pm'ing the host. If a player dies with this item, it is lost forever.

askalice23

Alright so what about a star wars themed game......

Not so good with stories so someone else could host if they want but heres the characters:
12 Players
Wolves:
General/Emperor Palpatine: he would be head wolf, he would have the ability to seer humans helping the search for the guardian, and hes be seered green.
Darth Vader: he would be head wolf if palpatine were to die
Count Dooku: he would be head wolf if both vader and palpatine were to die
The head wolf would be the only one to pm kills in the night phase reducing the numerous pm problem from last game and forcing teamwork. Once palpatine dies the head wolf powers would go to the next wolf but the seering of the human power would be gone

Humans:
Luke Skywalker: Guardian
Princess Leia: Seer
Han Solo: Sort of like a guardian but protects humans from being seered by palpatine
The rest would be regular humans or "jedis"

Items:
Obi-Wans message: this would be recieved only by answering a riddle in the story. The riddle would change every phase. The power of this item would reveal a wolf identity and all are subject to obtain this item. So wolves could get the item to protect themself.

Qui-Gons Spirit: This item would only go to a human character but could be sent through a pm to the host. This would revive any player that has been killed off in the game. So a human could revive a strong human or may give up the power ti a wolf or even revive a wolf.

Cobraroll

^^Am I free to implement those items and roles to my story, to keep it equally complex? Or is that cheating?

If so, here's the implemented changes:

ROLES:
 - El Gorilla (the game host)
 - The hacker (seer) - A trusted recruit who is given a computer so he can look up government profiles of GRUE agents (not even El Gorilla can breach that level of security code). The Internet connection is somewhat slow, and he has limited time, so he can only do one search every night. Will reveal the colour of a player if requested.
 - The Guardian This guy is a child of a daughter of El Gorilla's elementary school Math teacher's second-favourite hair dresser, so this is a person to be trusted. El Gorilla decides to give the recruit a walkie-talkie, so this person can help preventing him from killing the wrong person.
 - Agent Krampos - An agent who is not in the government database. Will be seered as green
 - Maverick (Vigi) - A LOL recruit with extensive close combat training. Is somewhat of a loose cannon and decides to clear things up himself. May kill one player of his choice every night.
 - X number of regular LOLs
 - Y number of regular GRUEs

As for the items:

Padlock - a random padlock found by one of the recruits that evening. With a key and all. This person will lock himself in every night, to avoid being killed by the GRUE agents. Will not protect against El Gorilla (or a lynching, if you want, since El Gorilla only will kill when voted to do so). The same rules will apply for this object as Nakah's ingenious Armour Of Achilles.

Radio - A radio with very, very faint batteries is lying in one of the bedrooms. The recruits select bedrooms at random, so this item may be given to a LOL or a GRUE. It can be used to call for a paradrop, where a replacement for a chosen dead player will be sent into the factory. After one use, however, its batteries fail. The same rules will apply for this object as Nakah's ingenious Apollo's Bow.

The competition is getting tougher here...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

TheLegend

Oh I am so voting for Nakah  That's awesome man!   I love Greek Mythology and the characters.

ETFROXX

universe-X

Nakah

Cobraroll

:'(

Will I be able to resubmit my story for TWG VII, or should I just scrap it altogether? I could polish parts of it, and probably learn the rules better so I can host it without as much assistance.

Also, what happened with jumping from VI(=6) to XI (=11) just like that?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

master_gamer38

Most likely just a mess up.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.