TWG VI HOST SIGNUPS

Started by Nakah, June 05, 2010, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

If you have an idea for a game and want to host, post it in here. Anyone can host, just make sure your game is balanced and makes actual sense. Everyone votes in this thread on who's idea they want to be hosted in the next game.

TheLegend

The Town of Nakylvania had had enough.  Count Deku, in the history books, had caused enough trouble.  then, Dionysus had come and wreaked havoc.  They were very lucky to survive, and was frustrated.  So frustrated, in fact, that they decided the people of Nakylvania was cursed.  One night, a figure all in black, perfect with black hair and a black cap, sneaked around the village.  Finally, he found the water reservoir, and took out a large flask of yellow liquid, pouring it into the deep, deep lake.  The water rippled and sizzled, evaporating as quick as a blink of the eye.  Haha… perfect work. The man in black thought as he slipped away. After walking for a bit, he met three other men in black, all holding needles and detonators.  They nodded, and started their dirty work. Slipping a needle into every lock of every house, the man in black injected every person with a detonating liquid, filled with poison so they wouldn’t wake up.  After the job was done, the figure ran back to his own house, and started preparing.  
The next morning, everyone noticed that the lake was gone, and their water was all gone.  The council members gathered at the center of the city to discuss.  What could’ve happened?  Suddenly, the door to the building collapsed, and in its place stood the man in black.
“Hello, everyone.  It’s truly a pleasure to meet you.  Have you noticed something wrong with the water system?  Anything missing?  My name is Platiipus, and the village people are cursed.  My three assistant council memberse are very eager to help, and if you do not find and kill them, we will find and kill all of you.  Each day, I will come back to find a victim and kill that victim.  I wish you the best of luck.  Good day.”  And with that, Platiipus walked out of the doorway, and disappeared.  The twelve council members gathered together, and started discussing.  

Cobraroll

Game ideas? I'm not sure if we could take it out of the traditional age of swords and magic, but if we could, I think I have a story. Keep in mind, I haven't completely understood the game, but I think the positions need to be filled are:

Wolves (a few)
Humans (a few)
A Seer (one)
A Guardian (one)

Right? I haven't yet grasped the role of all these folks, but I guess I could fit them in somewhere. Okay, where to start (yes, this is a boring night. Why ask?)...

We're in the People's Happy Nation of Brutopia, or the Brutopian Republic if you want. The government controls just about everything in here, and the military is tightly tied into all governmental affairs. There are rumours of large hidden research plants, people regulary vanish from the streets of the capital at night. Tanks from the Brutopian army regularly patrol the streets, the police have daily razzias looking for telephones, radio antennas, satelite dishes and even trained pidgeons. Large propaganda posters hang everywhere in the capital, and the Governmental Revolutionary Union of Everything, the state secret service, have agents everywhere. You can't be safe in Brutopia, anything you say can and will be used against you one day. You can't hide from big brother Brutopia. The mighty generals rule the country with their iron fists, and the neighbour countries cringe every time the generals raise their voices. The situation would have been hopeless for the citizens, hadn't it been for one small group of rebels. The League Of Liberty are professional food smugglers, and basically the only reason why the capital isn't ravaged by a famine at this point. The location of the LOL headquarters is a closely guarded secret. However, it might not stay secret much longer...

"I've gathered you all here tonight", El Gorilla's voice echoed in the main hall of the HQ. The room had once been the main hall of a large state controlled factory, but after a fatal accident many years ago, the factory was shut down. The official reports stated there had been a steam explosion in a boiler, shaking the structure to the brink of collapse. However, on the streets everybody knew that there had been a lot of radioactive stuff involved too, and nobody dared go near the factory, not even the government officials tasked to guard the place. As a result, the place was empty enough that the LOL could live comfortably and sheltered in the old buildings. The radiation was their idea as well, actually the government reports told the truth for once.
"I bring bad news", El Gorilla said to his loyals. He was standing on top of a rusty machine, speaking to a group of approximately a dozen men and women who were sitting on some crates scattered around the machine. "We've been infiltrated", he continued. "I know from sources within the government that GRUE agents have infiltrated these premises. Yes, I say to you, some of our enemies are sitting in this room right here, right now"
The fresh recruits looked at each other nervously. Nobody said a word. They had only been here a few days, for training, and hadn't got to know each other very well yet. Nobody knew anything about the person sitting next to them. Not even names. All they had was code names. El Gorilla took a pause. He was a short man, looking a little overweight, as if he had eaten more than his share of the food the LOL smuggled into the country. In reality, the bulk came from the bulletproof vest he always wore under his camouflage shirt. It had saved his life on a two-digit number of ocassions.
"You were all througly ransacked when you first came to this place", El Gorilla continued. "We know for sure that none of you have any weapons, nor can you communicate with the outside world". This was partially true. One of the new recruits was a skilled hacker, and had been given access to a PC after he had proven his skills to El Gorilla, who was an adept hacker himself. However, El Gorilla wanted to keep his identity a secret. "So until we know the identity of the infiltrators, none of you can leave this factory"
"What if we try?", a young man said. "There are lots of exits, and all your veterans are away on missions abroad. You can't keep us in here by yourself"
"True", El Gorilla replied. "But the electric fence gives me the upper hand anyway"
The recruits were shocked.
"In a week or so, the others will come back. Until then, this place is isolated. Nobody enters, nobody leaves. I'm going to lock myself into the control room, and stay there until the veterans return. In the meantime, we have to find the GRUE agents. And after much pondering, I've decided to go for the elimination method"
"What does that mean?"
"We'll have to kill one of you each day. The GRUE agents have transmitter chips implanted in their bodies, telling their location and physical condition to the government computers. I've hacked away the first function, so the government people can only see whether they're alive or not. When their systems say the "Find LOL" mission is terminated, I'll turn off the fence"
The atmosphere in the room was very uneasy now. El Gorilla wasn't known for being a mercyful person.
"Why don't you just kill us all right now?", a man on the back row asked.
"Because the GRUE agents are dangerous. If I kill you at random, and suddenly, there are more bad guys alive than good guys, the bad guys can defeat us. The GRUE people are extremely skilled in close combat. Once they are more numerous than you, they will strike. They can even break into the control room once they've picked you all off. So for now, I'll let you take the decision. I can control the ventilation system from the control room. Just write down a name on a piece of paper and stick it in a nearby air vent, and it will eventually flutter into the control room. I'll find a way to kill off the person with the most votes against him/herself. However, don't expect the GRUE to sit on the fence and watch the situation unfold. They will likely attack you as well, so watch your back"
"So how do you expect to get back to the control room alive?", somebody asked.
"See that canister?", El Gorilla asked. "Its content won't kill you, I promise"
Everybody turned their heads and peered into the darkness. El Gorilla quickly draw his gun, and fired a single shot in the direction everyone was looking. There was a loud bang, and a shockwave flung the recruits in every direction. In half a second, the room was filled with sleeping gas. El Gorilla took a last glance at the knocked-out new recruits through the goggles of his gas mask.
"Good luck", he whispered, then ran for the control room.

ROLES:
 - El Gorilla (the game host)
 - The hacker (seer) - He can hack the governmental computers to look up agent profiles.
 - El Gorilla keeps contact with one of the recruits. This guy is the guardian.
 - X number of LOLs
 - Y number of GRUEs

Was that all? Or did you say you had an idea already? Now well, I managed to kill some time, at least.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

TheLegend

amazing.  I need to edit mine or yours will get voted!

universe-X

Cobraroll

Oh, heck...

*reads through rules over again*

Do I have to host if my suggestion is voted through? Oops! Now well, I think I have understood the basic premises of the game. With a little assistance, I think I could pull it off...

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

You could lay out the entire plot then have someone else host it for you.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheLegend

I'd like to host it, and I know Cobracoll as a good story writer (Emergence) and I consider myself pretty decent, too.  It's pretty easy once you've got the hang of it, so I encourage you to host it!  I know, I'm gonna fail, and Cobracoll's gonna win.  I don't have any technical stuff like that, but watch out for next game. 

Nakah

There are other roles than just the seer and guardian, guys. Also, cobra your game would work but does it have the host as the guardian? That wouldn't work, because the host can't play in the game.

I'll make a list of the possible roles, or you can make up your own ideas for roles. Be creative.

Cobraroll

^Fill me in, it can be edited into the story. No problem!  ;D

The host (El Gorilla) is not the guardian. I did a mistake, and didn't mention the guardian in the story.

El Gorilla has his ways to observe what happens to the recruits, but communication methods are scarce. However, one of the recruits is a child of a daughter of El Gorilla's elementary school Math teacher's second-favourite hair dresser, so this is a person to be trusted. El Gorilla decides to give the recruit a walkie-talkie, so this person can help preventing him from killing the wrong person.

TheLegend

dang, you just like making side-stories, having concrete cases that you don't put in the stories, and.... you could actually make that into another story :)

raymondbl

Cobracoll when's the deadline for voting?

Nakah

Stop posting in this forum on duplicate accounts, Raymond/Legend.

raymondbl

>:(  GRRRRR!!! Couldn't you tell those were an hour apart?  I came back for a reason, ya know?

universe-X

...Mods can see people's IP adresses, ya know.