Bloop's Arrangements: More Random Stuff, also Mario Kart

Started by Bloop, May 30, 2010, 07:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on June 02, 2010, 01:44:21 PMThis is what I came up with for the opening bass line for Spin-Dig Galaxy:

thanks, I updated the beginpost

Bloop

New arrangement: Herzen Castle/Dignity of a Castle.

Bloop

Taser9090

I've been looking for some Professor Layton Sheet music for awhile.

Yours sounds really good!

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Bloop

Quote from: Taser9090 on July 07, 2010, 09:27:38 AMI've been looking for some Professor Layton Sheet music for awhile.

Yours sounds really good!

Taser9090

Are you planning on doing any Professor Layton arrangements soon?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Bloop

Quote from: Taser9090 on July 22, 2010, 08:59:06 PMAre you planning on doing any Professor Layton arrangements soon?
Maybe.. I should look which I can do :)

Shadoninja

Professor layton's theme

at bar 68 there's a 5 note chord that'd be hard to play on one hand due to the intervals. I would recommend shifting the bottom notes up and/or removing some of the unnecessary notes.

bar 74: there's a dissonance with the downbeats. are you sure those are the notes?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bloop

Quote from: Shadoninja on July 23, 2010, 01:37:27 AMProfessor layton's theme

at bar 68 there's a 5 note chord that'd be hard to play on one hand due to the intervals. I would recommend shifting the bottom notes up and/or removing some of the unnecessary notes.

bar 74: there's a dissonance with the downbeats. are you sure those are the notes?
I fixed bar 68, but not 74. I really think that are the notes.

SlowPokemon

Bump alert, but since it's a submission thread I don't care. xP

Both the MUS and MID links of Herzen Castle lead to the MUS file. Fix, please? :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2010, 04:15:42 PMBump alert, but since it's a submission thread I don't care. xP

Both the MUS and MID links of Herzen Castle lead to the MUS file. Fix, please? :P
oh, that's why herzen castle isn't added to the site! I should fix it

and the Mid-mus was the wrong version, some things aren't italicized.

Korados

May I give you advice for Moo Moo Meadows, I don't think it's "perfect" right now, but we can go towards that! :D

First, the key sig.: It's G major (one #). Say Finale to enharmonically tranpose it.

Second, the repeat: Delete the dal segno marks and add just a normal back repeat. Say Finale it should "go to measure 2". Then add a foward repeat mark on measure 2 so a piano player would know what to do. You only need dal segno if you have a chorus with stanzas, but that isn't a french chanson, is it? ;D Take out the "Play that 2 times" in measure 5 and just add another foward and back repeat.

Third, the notes: In measures 3 and 12, delete the grace note and add a "turn (grupetto)" on the first g. This is articulation 18 in Finale. It's somewhat hard to play in cause of the tempo, but blame it on the flute in the original. :) Then add mordents - articulation 16 - in measures 4, 5, 13 and 14 on the first g' and in measures 7 and 16 on the last note in the melody. Afterwards in measures 8 and 17 change the last note in the melody to an a', instead of the a#', just a semi-tone lower. By the way, a#'s are actually pretty uncommon, there don't appear until B Major. In measure 21 add staccatos - articulation 1 - to the first two notes in melody, it sounds... fresher. :) Finally, in the last measure take out the grace notes and the f# and just turn it to an a to have an authentic ending. :D

Hope that'll help you a bit, I can upload a revision if you need to, but I just wanted to give you instructions instead of doing it all by myself and leaving you with a revision in which you don't know what I changed actually. ;D

Bloop

Quote from: Korados on August 30, 2010, 12:02:58 PMMay I give you advice for Moo Moo Meadows, I don't think it's "perfect" right now, but we can go towards that! :D

First, the key sig.: It's G major (one #). Say Finale to enharmonically tranpose it.

Second, the repeat: Delete the dal segno marks and add just a normal back repeat. Say Finale it should "go to measure 2". Then add a foward repeat mark on measure 2 so a piano player would know what to do. You only need dal segno if you have a chorus with stanzas, but that isn't a french chanson, is it? ;D Take out the "Play that 2 times" in measure 5 and just add another foward and back repeat.

Third, the notes: In measures 3 and 12, delete the grace note and add a "turn (grupetto)" on the first g. This is articulation 18 in Finale. It's somewhat hard to play in cause of the tempo, but blame it on the flute in the original. :) Then add mordents - articulation 16 - in measures 4, 5, 13 and 14 on the first g' and in measures 7 and 16 on the last note in the melody. Afterwards in measures 8 and 17 change the last note in the melody to an a', instead of the a#', just a semi-tone lower. By the way, a#'s are actually pretty uncommon, there don't appear until B Major. In measure 21 add staccatos - articulation 1 - to the first two notes in melody, it sounds... fresher. :) Finally, in the last measure take out the grace notes and the f# and just turn it to an a to have an authentic ending. :D

Hope that'll help you a bit, I can upload a revision if you need to, but I just wanted to give you instructions instead of doing it all by myself and leaving you with a revision in which you don't know what I changed actually. ;D
ok, I shall look at it

Bloop

are this mus and this mid good or...?

ermm... I think repeating is not my best thing and I forgot to add mordents to some A's but how is it now?

Korados

That is MUCH better now! ;) But there is one big thing that still needs to be fixed: The ending repeat section from m. 3-5 doesn't work right, on pass two it skips m. 4 and 5 and goes two m. 6 instead. I tried to fix that but it seems that you need to change the times of repeating... As I'm not a master of Finale, I would suggest to write the ending repeats out, so that you only have normal repeats at the end. In my opinion it's also the best way to make it look less complicated, ending repeats are very confusing if have them 3 times on just one piece of paper, aren't they? :D Further you can just change the "Go to measure 2" to a normal repeat mark, but instead of "Nearest forward repeat" at the "Target" drop-down menu you click on "Measure #" and then enter a 2.