(Arrangers, please read) Video Games Song Books website

Started by Nintendude73, April 11, 2010, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendude73

http://vgsb.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

The person who runs this website creates "song books" for different games by gathering sheet music from around the internet and putting it all in one PDF file.  Many of the sheets have come from this site (many of them are mine, god knows why he wants my crap).  He does give credit to all arrangers my listing their names with their sheets, so at least he's not claiming the stuff as his own.  I have contacted him letting him know I do not have a problem with him using my sheets (like I said, they're crap anyway and it's not like I own the rights), but I have requested that he at least link to our site in some way so people can find the original source of the sheets (he has removed the NinSheetMusic link from the bottom of all our sheets).

I wanted to post this here in case there are people on the site who do have a problem with him using your sheets without asking.  He has a contact page on his website so you can get a hold of him (and the site was updated as recently as March, so he's probably still active) and try to work something out.

Edit: Just confirmed he'll be linking back to us at least.  Seems like a nice guy with good enough intentions, I just wanted to give everyone an opportunity to decide for themselves.

The Deku Trombonist

Brassman388

Nakah

KefkaticFanatic

The only thing I could see being a concern would be:

QuoteQ: Can I upload the Song Books to my web site?
A: No, unless my website is not working.

Being that it isn't really his work and all, I wouldn't consider him to have a right to say this.

But it's all up to you guys that he took arrangements from I suppose.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

â†' I'd be kinda mad at something like that, considering it wasn't their's to begin with...

but I'm pretty sure none of my songs were taken, so yeah...

just be sure there's no profit being made...

Concerto No.20 in D minor

As long as he doesn't do any of my arrangements, I'm fine with it.  Also, he needs to put our website in the .pdf.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

raymondbl

wtf they copyrighted it.  they didn't say it was from nsm.  he copyrighted it to himself.  we should seriously ask him to remove his copyright.  I think about 10 of them were nintendude's. 

Nintendude73

Quote from: raymondbl on April 17, 2010, 12:12:13 PMwtf they copyrighted it.  they didn't say it was from nsm.  he copyrighted it to himself.  we should seriously ask him to remove his copyright.  I think about 10 of them were nintendude's. 
A few more than 10, did you see the Paper Mario one?  It's practically half my stuff. :P

He's "copyrighting" the compilation work he did, I guess.  All original arrangers are given credit.  I don't really think he leaves any question that it's not his stuff.  He also did add a link to NSM on his site, though I would like to see him add the website URL to the pdf files.

HugoMeister

Hah, one of them is mine.

But I really doubt he should be allowed to take the link out of the PDFs. There's a reason we put them there in the first place, you know?

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

universe-X

Quote from: HugoMeister on April 17, 2010, 02:06:55 PMBut I really doubt he should be allowed to take the link out of the PDFs. There's a reason we put them there in the first place, you know?
^This.

dahans

Have a look at youtube. They haven't put the NSM URL there.... This is not OK.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

Well, that's because the NSM Channel is only known by NSM :-\ So, it's not as new and doesn't have any videos anyway...

Concerto No.20 in D minor