News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

fingering

Started by raymondbl, April 10, 2010, 01:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondbl

Hi Everyone, thanks for clicking in,

I have noticed over the past few months that a large percent of NSM Community does not arrange, or do anything.  They simply request and request.  As a result, not a lot of the requests were finished, and the people who were kind and tried to help were busy, and were not well appraised.  But I noticed that I was a part of that percentage, so I decided to help.  For the past few weeks, I have tried arranging, but arranging by ear is simply not one of my talents.  So I felt bad about myself and just downloaded music.  A short while later, I have noticed that none of the music I've downloaded has fingerings.  Aha!  I still need to improve on my fingering and sightreading skills, so I thought of a way that I could help both the NSM community and myself.  some of these pieces are difficult to play because of the large jumps.  So I thought I could start adding fingerings to all the existing pieces.  This way, the music is easier to play and I am improving on my skills.  Does anyone agree with me?  It might take some time, but I plan on fingering all the music on the site and also the submissions.  People may help me if they wish.  Oh yeah, forgot to mention - my hands are real small, so I don't have an advantage with big hands so most people might agree with my fingering.  Anyone promoting me?

Brassman388

You can create your own section in the submission, request, or even music topics. It just depends if the mods don't mind it.

It's true, some of the jumps are a bit sketchy, but if you feel the need to, then go right ahead. It sounds like a good I idea, and there's nothing wrong with the idea.

In that case, I do support you.

Happy arranging. 

dahans

it costs a lot of time, but if you want to there is no problem in my opinion.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SirIngusBingus

I don't think adding fingerings is really necessary. It will certainly help, but it will also create more work for the updating crew, and there's already far too much work in existence for the two of them to get done.

Brassman388

Quote from: Brassman388 on April 10, 2010, 01:59:37 PMYou can create your own section in the submission, request, or even music topics. It just depends if the mods don't mind it.  

:P

KefkaticFanatic

For this kind of music, set fingering is eh, as most times you'll just be able to determine it for yourself, unless you have some arpeggios or something similar where you just need to know how to deal with those.  And if you don't, this music is not how you learn how.

Also, adding fingering is a massive pain in the ass, especially after you finish an arrangement and just want it to be done cause you've been editing it and it sounds accurate and playable and great and whatnot.

me irl
[close]

raymondbl

uh... look at the zelda ones.  especially the twilight princess ordon ranch.  then the ocarina of time's zelda's theme.  those are hard arpeggios.  the site's full of em.  and I might be the only one who would do this.  not everyone has to do it. 

Seeker

Hard yes, but the fingering's still obvious. So far the only arrangement I've seen that would benefit from fingering is m. 30-33 of Orchestra Piece #1 from Twilight Princess (1-2-3-1-2-3-1-3-5-3-2-1-5-3-2-1-etc. probably). Still not worth the effort imo, as a good fingering isn't that difficult to figure out, and it's easy enough that choosing a sub-optimal fingering wouldn't be all that bad.
This is a signature.

universe-X

I could probably do any fingerings if enough people have a complaint about it...

Dude

I lol'd when I saw this topic titled "Fingering".

KefkaticFanatic

I was waiting for that comment -_-

me irl
[close]

Nintendude73

universe-X

I was so close to bringing that up :D

SuperFireKirby

It's funny because it relates to a sexual act involving one's fingers.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X