News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

2010 Oscars!

Started by Harvest, February 03, 2010, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

So, if you follow cinema, you will know that the nominations for the Academy Awards have been announced.

The front runners are Avatar and The Hurt Locker.  Now, I have not seen the Hurt Locker, but I can tell you, Inglourious Basterds was much better than Avatar.  I mean...much much better...I mean its fine that Avatar wins for special effects but some people call it the best movie ever made.

Anyways,  I predict the Hurt Locker will win although I feel Basterds should..

so, thoughts?
-

kotorfanboy

I agree Basterds was better than Avatar. Avatar can win all the special effects awards it wants, but I just don't see how it can win best picture with that plot. It's nice, but cliche.

dahans

I hope that Christoph Waltz will win the Oscar. He is a great actor.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

Basterds should win best picture, I don't really see any other movie matching up to it.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

Glad to see some people agree.

-

SuperFireKirby

The Hurtlocker was a great movie so I can see it competing with The Basterds, but most people think its between Hurtlocker and Avatar, which I don't get. Avatar was good but not good enough, no matter how much money it made. It wouldn't have beaten Titanic or Return of the King if it weren't for 3-d.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

Oooh, Titanic in 3-D  8):o

Maretocks

I hated Hurt Locker.

No plot.

No (decent) characters.

No morals.

No emotions.

There were some pretty suspenseful scenes which I liked, but it really dragged on, and didn't suck me in at all. If it had commented on the war, I would've liked it much more, but aside from that, it didn't make me feel anything, it didn't make me think, and it was overall boring for me.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Harvest

Oscars are tonight.  Lets hope Basterds is able to squeak by and take it.

Although, I will find some satisfaction in Christoph Waltz taking home best supporting actor.
-

MaestroUGC

Christoph Waltz: America's Favorite Nazi

...is it safe to say that?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

Its never safe to speak the truth. Never.

Harvest

...and the Oscar goes to The Jew Hunter!
-

rushye

I agree withe poster, Inglourious Basterds is a great film.
Avatar's effects are great but it's not that interesting.