News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

It secretly works for everyone. Note how your girlfriend wanted to throw rocks at you.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

She's not my girlfriend unfortunately :<
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

fingerz

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 27, 2011, 03:43:02 AMAs my amazing physics teacher put, all men are idiots and all women are evil. That's how relationships work.
So true. My entire friend group is going through this logic at the moment. I'm the oldest of all of them and I'm proud to say I'VE ALWAYS BEEN SINGLE!! :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

ETFROXX

Saria

Last evening a teacher who worked at my school passed away. He had brain hemorrhage. He was a really nice guy. Oh, and today's his birthday. I miss him... :'(
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Raymondbl

Quote from: Saria on April 28, 2011, 04:34:58 PMLast evening a teacher who worked at my school passed away. He had brain hemorrhage. He was a really nice guy. I miss him... :'(
:'( whatever you do, clap your hands to your ears whenever you hear people talking about him. 

*sympathy*
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

universe-X

That reminds me... stupid budget cuts in our district means getting rid of my orchestra teacher from middle school... about 2.5 years after he's been hired.

Keep in mind: this is the guy that knows a shitload about video games, has had an NES wedding cake, made Super Mario jack-o-lanterns for Christmas, made the Orchestra Hero logo and got it on a shirt, etc. etc. Oh, and he's been playing violin for about 20 years, so he's the best out there pretty good. :|

Raymondbl

Quote from: universe-X on April 28, 2011, 05:02:44 PMThat reminds me... stupid budget cuts in our district means getting rid of my orchestra teacher from middle school... about 2.5 years after he's been hired.

Keep in mind: this is the guy that knows a shitload about video games, has had an NES wedding cake, made Super Mario jack-o-lanterns for Christmas, made the Orchestra Hero logo and got it on a shirt, etc. etc. Oh, and he's been playing violin for about 20 years, so he's the best out there pretty good. :|
darn.  My orchestra teacher isn't that good.  She only got the Orchestra Hero logo but not on a t-shirt, and she's been playing cello for 20 years and is pretty good, and she brought in a Wii and let us play it in orchestra for 2 days. 

wtf why orchestra?  Why not just lower the pay?   I hope that doesn't happen to mine....
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

SuperFireKirby

Or why not stop all of the unnecessary spending. My school put up an expensive fence around the school the doesn't keep anything out because all 6 of the giant entrances don't have gate, making the fence useless. Also those idiotic SmartBoards that half the teachers have but don't ever use.

OR BETTER YET. WHY NOT CUT THE PRISON BUDGETS WHICH GET 5 TIMES THE FUNDING? IT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA TO SPEND 5 TIMES MONEY MORE ON THE SCUM OF THE EARTH THAN ON THE FUTURE OF YOUR NATION. NO WONDER THE COUNTRY'S GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fingerz

Quote from: ETFROXX on April 27, 2011, 03:34:30 PMThat's what they all say.
True. People like me are always secretly longing. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Jub3r7

Quote from: universe-X on April 28, 2011, 05:02:44 PMThat reminds me... stupid budget cuts in our district means getting rid of my orchestra teacher from middle school... about 2.5 years after he's been hired.

SEND HIM A LINK TO NSM AND ASK WHAT HIS USERNAME WILL BE.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

universe-X

Quote from: Raymondbl on April 28, 2011, 05:06:26 PMdarn.  My orchestra teacher isn't that good.  She only got the Orchestra Hero logo but not on a t-shirt, and she's been playing cello for 20 years and is pretty good, and she brought in a Wii and let us play it in orchestra for 2 days. 

wtf why orchestra?  Why not just lower the pay?   I hope that doesn't happen to mine....
Dude, he brought his Wii and Xbox to play SSBB and Guitar Hero/Rock Band at our post-concert parties.... he was so awesome...
Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 28, 2011, 05:15:49 PMOr why not stop all of the unnecessary spending. My school put up an expensive fence around the school the doesn't keep anything out because all 6 of the giant entrances don't have gate, making the fence useless. Also those idiotic SmartBoards that half the teachers have but don't ever use.

OR BETTER YET. WHY NOT CUT THE PRISON BUDGETS WHICH GET 5 TIMES THE FUNDING? IT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA TO SPEND 5 TIMES MONEY MORE ON THE SCUM OF THE EARTH THAN ON THE FUTURE OF YOUR NATION. NO WONDER THE COUNTRY'S GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.
^this.

Quote from: Jub3r7 on April 28, 2011, 06:51:36 PMSEND HIM A LINK TO NSM AND ASK WHAT HIS USERNAME WILL BE.
I actually tried asking him to join, but he declined xP

Mashi

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 28, 2011, 05:15:49 PMOr why not stop all of the unnecessary spending. My school put up an expensive fence around the school the doesn't keep anything out because all 6 of the giant entrances don't have gate, making the fence useless. Also those idiotic SmartBoards that half the teachers have but don't ever use.

US schools are really dumb.  We have a terrible education system when we're compared with places such as Europe and Australia as far as I'm aware.

But as for cutting funds on prisons.  We sort of need that money so the 'scum of the Earth' don't escape and go on a crime spree.  Not to mention, with crime rates going up, we're sort of running out of space (As in jails) to put criminals in, so I would have to say the amount of money being given to prison places and the like is rather justified.

Though, people usually do become criminals because of improper schooling, and educating the youth of our country should be one of the primary things we do, so yes, I concur, we seriously need to improve on our education system.  And not just economically either.

DrP

Thats what one of my papers are about -- basically how in 10-15 years China and India will surpass us in almost every field because if internal drives of for-profit scores, an intrinsic drive to success... they see education as a way out of poverty, so theyre driven. With us, its compulsory, and we just go through the motions, memorizing and faking everything, etc... that is the case for the majority.

Ill publish it here when its completed, but I am arguing that America has lost its competitive edge and we need to return by reforming US Education to a more global outlook and doing away with Standardized Testing -- meaning to man up, that we acknowledge that there is a technological race and American needs to beef up its Science and Math edge -- as well as the technological edge (meaning Computer Sci classes etc... in high school) and lastly stating scare tactics and other sources to globalization of American education through personal sources and a movie we watched... etc.