The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Just so pissed about this "political correctness". I mean I feel like if you don't have the correct opinion, these days, you're screwed. And it feels so sad, I mean how could the world be freer before!? As I been a "victim" of that bullshit. Doesn't make any sense. And the government obviously doesn't care about that, they buy into the crap. I mean, they might as well institute "PC asylums", so you don't have the wrong opinion.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

If you're definition of correct opinion is "not being an asshole to others", then yeah, I agree

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dude on October 16, 2017, 12:45:02 AMIf you're definition of correct opinion is "not being an asshole to others", then yeah, I agree

y but 1) I've had the exact same opinions since I was born. And I've kept my opinions pretty constant. So why should I change them because of society changing?
2) Usually it starts out with me having mildly bad opinions. But then as people just comes trying to "school me", or just arguing against me, it gets worse and worse. As I get more pushed into the corner, my opinions gets worse. And then I get "to pay" for all of that. Aka. for people not understanding me.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

Mine change every now and then, probably because I listened to others and learned how to compromise, but I guess that doesn't come naturally...

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dude on October 16, 2017, 12:58:11 AMMine change every now and then, probably because I listened to others and learned how to compromise, but I guess that doesn't come naturally...

y, I like having absolute and perfect opinions. And hate when people doesn't understand them.

10/10 tobbeh

Dude

Pretty sure that isn't a good trait to have, but whatever...

Altissimo

If you think opinions can be "perfect and absolute" you have no fucking idea what the word "opinion" means

Dude

Quote from: Dude on October 16, 2017, 01:48:56 AMPretty sure that isn't a good trait to have, but whatever...
ah I remember the word to describe that trait.

"Stubborn"

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 16, 2017, 12:56:01 AMy but 1) I've had the exact same opinions since I was born. And I've kept my opinions pretty constant. So why should I change them because of society changing?

You're absolutely right. Why should someone who, say (purely hypothetical), doesn't believe women have the right to vote? Why should they change because of society changing?

hint: it's because you're wrong

Quote2) Usually it starts out with me having mildly bad opinions. But then as people just comes trying to "school me", or just arguing against me, it gets worse and worse. As I get more pushed into the corner, my opinions gets worse. And then I get "to pay" for all of that. Aka. for people not understanding me.
"mildly" lol
Your opinions get worse? Because people don't understand you?
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 16, 2017, 01:05:29 AMy, I like having absolute and perfect opinions. And hate when people doesn't understand them.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Was a bit hyped on searching a new job. But then I, when looking at some articles, I saw and remembered how stupid they are. They say like "We're searching for the most superb employee, who always put the customer first, and always delivers the best service, who radiates positive energy and also loves working at high tempo and with physical job." Like it's so stupid, I'm just thinking "I'm just some average dude looking for a decent job". It's like they think you're some superman guy or something. How about just writing "we search for a new employee, preferably with x y and z attributes", would be more realistic. Like who does those articles attract. I don't think anyone wants to search for those jobs then. And it's also for the most average store, it's not like you're searching for some special epic job, it's just for a fucking grocery store...

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

Tobbeh. If you don't sell yourself as a hard worker who's determined to help the employer, you aren't going to get a job. Plain and simple. Besides, what company really wants to hire an average joe anyway?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

EFitTrainr

Plot twist- everyone applying for jobs is just an average person looking for a decent job, and most of them probably dont fit those criteria.
And I think most people don't really care how the job description is worded, they just care that said job is hiring.
I like food.

LeviR.star

What Dudeman said. Who wants to hire someone that doesn't deserve a paycheck? Someone that isn't willing to put in the hours and benefit the employer, or apply themselves in the working world that everyone is going to have to enter eventually?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on October 22, 2017, 03:03:24 PMTobbeh. If you don't sell yourself as a hard worker who's determined to help the employer, you aren't going to get a job. Plain and simple. Besides, what company really wants to hire an average joe anyway?
To be fair, Tobbeh has a point in that so many companies nowadays expect way too much out of their (potential) employees for the most mediocre of jobs. It's often used as a tactic to undersell the employee's worth, and thus use that as justification for paying them less/treating them worse (basically, "If you don't match our unreasonable expectations, who are you expecting us to be reasonable with you?").
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber