The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 20, 2017, 07:19:49 AMBecause I'm annoying and everybody hates me
Saying things like this will make everyone start to hate you. Nothing is more repulsive than self-pity.

also
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 19, 2017, 06:37:35 PMWhy does everybody hate me?
Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 20, 2017, 07:19:49 AMBecause I'm annoying
Not saying I agree, but you seem to have answered your own question.
innit

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 20, 2017, 06:35:23 AMI dunno, but I do know that no matter where I go, I have somebody telling me how annoying I am and how nobody likes me.
I have to put up with the same thing. Just ignore them. People who say things like that are usually insecure about themselves, so they make other people feel worse about themselves so that they feel better about their own insecurities.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

cashwarrior1

Really? At work, the nicest person there (who is also 21 and seems to have everything figured out) called me annoying. It's not just people being mean, it's not just those who are insecure, it's everyone.

Dudeman

If you fixate on this too much, it won't do you any good. Some self-reflection is a good idea, but don't let the opinions of others be your only source of criticism. Take some time to evaluate yourself and see if there are any areas where you think you could improve.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

cashwarrior1

It's kinda hard to not let what 80% of people think of me not bother me.

SlowPokemon

Ask yourself if you'd be annoyed if someone else did the things you do

Ask yourself before you do anything: what would I think if someone else did or said this? Would I want to be around them?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

I act similar to the people I hang out with, and everybody likes them. Even some people I hung out with called me annoying even though we were both doing similar things. I don't see what I do wrong, I don't see why I get so much hate.

LeviR.star

Hmm... which topics do you start conversations with?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on July 20, 2017, 10:48:11 AMEven some people I hung out with called me annoying even though we were both doing similar things.
Maybe you're copying them too much. That can tick some people off.

Sounds like you're annoying, mate.

Best advice for that: try less (/appear as if you're trying less)
innit

cashwarrior1

It's not that I try to act like them, it's because the way I act as a person is similar to the way they act.

I know I'm annoying  :'(

Sir Dino

If you know you're annoying then own up to it. Next time someone says "you're pretty annoying" just laugh it off

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on July 20, 2017, 07:35:13 AMSaying things like this will make everyone start to hate you. Nothing is more repulsive than self-pity.
I agree with Andy as well, self-pity is the worst. It's like when someone says "I'm so fat" or "I'm so extra", it's like a plea for attention: "look at me and my flaws!"

You could also consider that some people are just assholes. I don't know about everyone else but if I find someone annoying I wouldn't say it to their face, because you don't know what their situation is and how it can affect their self-esteem (e.g. how you're feeling right now)

I was always called "annoying" in high school. It sucks but sometimes people say things like that to feel better about themselves. As long as you don't let it get to you and you know how to stay light-hearted in the midst of their comments, they'll eventually knock it off.

mikey

I look back on my middle school years and can't believe I never got beat up

Safest thing to do is stop talking at all.  It's a hard skill to learn but it pays off as people start listening when you do have something to say
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 20, 2017, 01:31:46 PMSafest thing to do is stop talking at all.  It's a hard skill to learn but it pays off as people start listening when you do have something to say

I agree with what Noc has to say here, but nonetheless, talking is not a bad thing. Don't misinterpret this and stop talking altogether; you may come off as antisocial. Talk when people talk to you, but don't act like you don't want to. There's a happy medium, and through practice you should be able to find the right amount of judgement.

mikey

My dad always said you have two ears and one mouth so you should be listening twice as much as you talk
unmotivated