News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Thanks, y'all. I'm feeling a bit better today, but I'll be sure to talk to someone here if I have any troubles. In the meantime, though, I'll just try to carry on as always.

Bubbles

so i'm freaking out, finals edition. I've got a C average in my chem class rn so the final (which is on Friday) is soo important. I have to get at least a B  (maybe slide by with a B-) or I won't be able to apply for my major next semester, and would most likely lose my 20k scholarship I'm basically living off of. heavy shit!!

I also just got back my chem lab final grades (which is basically the same thing but had a written part and a practical) and I got 100!! on the practical!! an 100 on a lab final exam??? holy shit. but then the actual written portion, the one similar to the all-important test I'm taking on Friday, I got a 67 on. huh.

And considering I studied super hard for every chem test this semester to end with a C and for the lab final I put in well over 15 hours only to get back that very confusing mix of grades I have a very mixed and amplified series of emotions going on rn hhhhh

ThatHiddenCharacter

Stressing isn't going to help. It'll just make things worse. Other than that, there's really only one thing I can tell you since I'm not very familiar with college. It has been scientifically proven that believing you can do something actually improves your chances of being abe to do it. So my advice is, try your best not to stress about it and believe that you can get that B! Not even, believe you can get an A! Believe you can get an A+! And study. Study as if you literally have nothing else to do.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mikey

unmotivated

braix

I just turned in an assignment that I've been working on literally all day.

10 seconds late.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 07, 2017, 06:37:17 PMbubbles I like your post count
Either never post again or post 1111 times immediately.
innit

Bubbles

AmpharosAndy

looks like you did neither, then. Not impressed *angry face*

That's the closest to a rant you'll get from me haha
innit

E. Gadd Industries

>_< gotta rant now

So the Switch is the first console that's actually been "shared" between my sister and I. Before this, my sister never really had an interest in video gaming & as such, my parents didn't really enforce a "sharing rule." Now, the rules I'm fine with: 30-45 mins of gameplay, then the other sibling can play if they want for the same time period. It makes sense. But lately, things haven't been that way. Now, my sister plays the Switch 25/7, or at least used to when I was tied up with hardcore preparing for AP stuff; I was simply too busy, so her 30-45 mins were always extended because I was in my room/not going to concern myself with video games. Well, now that AP prep is (basically) done with, I've been playing more video games. Rather, trying to. But any time I try to play BotW, my sister immediately goes to dad and asks if she can play because "she never got the chance, and I have been playing for a long time now." And what does dad do? "Son, finish what you're doing and let your sister get some playing time." And I'll explain to him that I had just turned the system on, and he'll say "Okay? You can play again when her 30-45 mins are up." (Which never happens; sister insists upon getting the full 45 minutes to the second, and by the time my time should come around, parents have me doing other stuff.) Now, not sure if this plays a factor, but dad doesn't like when I play video games, and as such has resolved that BotW is the most dull & boring game out there. The reason? Because I'm not hurling myself at every possible enemy that exists in-game and I'm not dressing in camouflage and hunting every other living thing in the game that I can possibly get food from (Southern hunter mindset no doubt plays in to that). I don't do those because I recognise my limits and I'm trying to be conservative with my arrows (I've got less than 20 at the moment). I'm wondering if bias is playing a factor here. :/

Idk, take from it what you will, but I am being shorthanded here and it ticks me offffffff.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

*Pettiness alert*
Everything is going wrong.  I skip work cause I'm sick (and I actually ended up throwing up today) and my mom takes my laptop away because "if you're too sick to go to work you're too sick to play video games".  Then I died day 1 in a twg on llf where I was finally a wolf.  Now I've been modkilled on ffr because it's a mystery game and I'm clueless.  Feel so unlucky right now.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 09, 2017, 10:01:00 PMI skip work cause I'm sick (and I actually ended up throwing up today) and my mom takes my laptop away because "if you're too sick to go to work you're too sick to play video games".
what even

that's like objectively not true

that's actually just cruel
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

WaluigiTime64

That's like, a normal parent thing though. Usually it's because they don't want you replacing work with free time, even though you're sick.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zunawe

That's basically a direct quote from when I was in elementary school. And yet somehow reading or doing homework was still okay.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things