The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Well... That's quite a list. If that's what you've decided is completely irrelevant to the rest of your life, I can't really continue a debate. Really? Irrational numbers? The things exponential equations (like interest rates) are founded on. And Martin Luther, one of the most politically and religiously influential men in history, isn't worth knowing about. K.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 30, 2016, 06:16:24 PMI hate my life at the moment. Things are bad enough in my "relationship" with my dad, and mom is turning too. Wheeeeeeeeee can I just graduate and go to college now? I'm tired of dealing with this crap.
My roommate shared these feelings before he moved out. You'll get through it, and life will be fine. You really honestly don't have that much longer to spend there.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Altissimo

history is arguably worth knowing more than like anything else tbh so dont start shit about martin luther k

Ruto

Quote from: Altissimo on October 01, 2016, 06:02:38 AMhistory is arguably worth knowing more than like anything else tbh so dont start shit about martin luther k

Lol look up Martin Luther's views on Jews xD

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on September 30, 2016, 04:25:25 PMrant

lol sorry if knowledge is useless to you. But we'll always need McDonald's cashiers and Mario-type plumbers so I guess if you really want to, you can find someplace to be in this world.

Now as far as the math and chemistry is useless stuff...it's bullshit. Because I understand how certain things work and how to use math, I never have to memorize much to be able to solve problems. The biology majors and their lack of math are remembering how to use/when to use 20 formulas for one test and I'm watching THE STRUGGLE. If you also really want to understand science, you can see how certain laws are derived from basic calculus. Again, I am watching the non-math students suffer in thermodynamics.

So math doesn't help you with finances? What is involved working with finances? Why shouldn't you read about some actual wise person's views on life? I took a lot of art history courses and they helped me with making art. The actual use of knowledge is to be able to apply it.

Also you forgot about grammar. The easiest way to not sound like a dumbass is to have good grammar. Which you learn by GASP...reading.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Altissimo

Quote from: Ruto on October 01, 2016, 08:21:33 AMLol look up Martin Luther's views on Jews xD

oh but "Hitler was born in Austria" is apparently a useless nugget of knowledge as well so who tf cares if Luther's views influenced Hitler

Ruto

Quote from: Altissimo on October 01, 2016, 08:28:43 AMoh but "Hitler was born in Austria" is apparently a useless nugget of knowledge as well so who tf cares if Luther's views influenced Hitler

hahahaha good point xD

QuoteAccording to the prevailing view among historians,[218] his anti-Jewish rhetoric contributed significantly to the development of antisemitism in Germany,[219] and in the 1930s and 1940s provided an "ideal underpinning" for the Nazis' attacks on Jews.[220] Reinhold Lewin writes that anybody who "wrote against the Jews for whatever reason believed he had the right to justify himself by triumphantly referring to Luther." According to Michael, just about every anti-Jewish book printed in the Third Reich contained references to and quotations from Luther. Heinrich Himmler wrote admiringly of his writings and sermons on the Jews in 1940.[221] The city of Nuremberg presented a first edition of On the Jews and their Lies to Julius Streicher, editor of the Nazi newspaper Der Stürmer, on his birthday in 1937; the newspaper described it as the most radically anti-Semitic tract ever published.[222]

Wikipedia also says Luther's health problems might have influenced him to write these crazy-ass rants. Senility too, maybe?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Zunawe on September 30, 2016, 06:43:18 PMMy roommate shared these feelings before he moved out. You'll get through it, and life will be fine. You really honestly don't have that much longer to spend there.
It can't come soon enough X'D
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on October 01, 2016, 09:45:21 AMhahahaha good point xD

Wikipedia also says Luther's health problems might have influenced him to write these crazy-ass rants. Senility too, maybe?
*anti-Wikipedia rant here*
lol jk but even if anti semitism is bad he did a lot for protestant religions.

completely off topic but thinking about this sort of bias made me realize that ben carson is black and I didn't even notice until now
unmotivated

FireArrow

Really? Wasn't his whole thing "rebublicans arent racist cuz im black" similar to hiliary's "you should vote for me cuz im a woman. fiorina and stein are all manly men"
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

I didn't hear a lot from him idk
Like posting that I had to find a picture of him to make sure he was actually black cause I just didn't ever notice lol
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Trainer Ave

I didn't say that all math is useless. Yes, grammar is important but you learn that in elementary and middle school. I'm also not saying that some pieces of information won't be useful in certain career paths. I am, however, stating that this information does not apply to the average person's life. I am also stating that schools DO NOT teach a lot of information that the average citizen needs. While the idea of 'you should learn through real world experience' sounds good on paper, it just doesn't happen. A large majority of people are in debt, have no idea how to vote or what their voting on, have no idea how to look after their health or how to recognize severe mental disorders, how to budget and manage money, how to properly analyze the news, how to communicate respectfully and effectively, how to pay tax, how to get a job, or how to parent. I am not stating that I won't use some of the information I learned in school, but I am stating that the average person won't.

Here's an idea for you.
Academics are taught up until 8th grade. (remedial academics courses are taken further as needed)
Subjects that apply to the real world such as how to get a job, money management, and how to parent are taught in 9-11.
Meanwhile electives in 9-11 are courses that are taken based on a student's choice and interests.
NO FRIDAYS.
Studies have shown that when students are given Fridays off, it reduces their stress levels and allows the to produce better grades.
NO HOMEWORK
Same as above.
Senior year is for exploring different career fields to see what they may or may not be interested in. Each student will take different courses based on what they believe they might be interested in and will be exploring multiple career fields throughout their entire senior year.
College
College will remain the same as it currently is. Students will take courses that are applicable to their chosen career field.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on October 01, 2016, 01:53:14 PMNO FRIDAYS.
Studies have shown that when students are given Fridays off, it reduces their stress levels and allows the to produce better grades.
NO HOMEWORK
Same as above.
While I've heard similar things, source plz
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

that counters your own argument though- producing better grades isn't the goal.  In real life, you don't get fridays off to reduce stress and you often have work to bring home.
unmotivated