The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

you're paying money for a chance to win
to some states that's gambling
sweepstakes I think also aren't allowed?
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on May 30, 2015, 09:15:41 PM...betting on people who won? I... I don't know.
Welp; might as well ban everything that has multiple potential outcomes.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 30, 2015, 09:16:33 PMyou're paying money for a chance to win
to some states that's gambling
sweepstakes I think also aren't allowed?
But if a reasonable level of skill is involved, it's technically not gambling (of course, I can't speak for the kind of people who would make that sort of decision, and whether they know/care or not)...?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 30, 2015, 09:32:58 PMBut if a reasonable level of skill is involved, it's technically not gambling (of course, I can't speak for the kind of people who would make that sort of decision, and whether they know/care or not)...?
implying the majority of a card game isn't affected by variance

which reminds me yugioh still doesn't have combo
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 30, 2015, 06:14:58 PMState of Iowa bans all video game tournaments that give away prizes due to an anti-gambling law made ages ago.

Pretty sure BDS was responding to this, noc

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Nebbles

mikey

remember, if it has a strikethrough it's not mean
unmotivated

Yug_Guy

the_last_sheikah

Well this weekend kinda sucked, two days off work, nothing to do, and wouldn't it figure? the disk drive on my xbox one died.  Now if it hasn't magically fixed itself from not playing it all weekend, I'll be out $100 to get it fixed.  At least I had Splatoon, thank you based Nintendo.

Quote from: Nebbles on May 31, 2015, 06:44:29 PMI'm really salty today jesus christ
What's wrong?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Nebbles

Errrr it's a minor issue I rather vent about in private so you can PM me if ya want.

mikey

unmotivated

Hero of Trains

Hooray for surprise illness! One second I'm fine, five minutes later I have a 100.3 degree fever, a headache, and I can't move my neck without immense pain. I still have to do my homework though. :(
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Dudeman

I've had probably 3 hours of sleep in the past 36 hours. Not fun.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

I haven't started the project that will make or break my grade and can possibly get me held back(it's due on Thursday), but playing League of Legends and watching YouTube is so much more appealing than working on it.
So instead of starting it, I post this on NSM.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.