The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

i accidentally and unnecessarily turned my english research paper into a philosophy essay on the psychological duality of human nature's essence and my brain hurts and i don't even know who i am anymore

Dudeman

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 19, 2015, 04:52:17 PMWhoaaa
gadssdajfkl; asdjfklsadhrewapoi ewrufjgeioeiopg gepiwaoipewah

what is my life i cant even

this is too beautifully different
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Hero of Trains

Well, just got a biology sheet back.
I said "Cladograms can help show you when certain species of Pokemon evolved."
I definitely wasn't playing Shuffle, Rumble World and PMD2 while doing homework again. ;)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

TheDreamingHawk

Getting a bit paranoid over an upcoming test I have to do where I need to memorize 46 Japanese hiragana characters and write them all down in order to pass. The frustrating part is that if I get 39 or less it's an automatic F grade, despite how it would technically be a B- in normal circumstances. This isn't even my final in Japanese class, (That's a two minute speech which I am more confident in doing as I've practiced) yet I'm still getting very nervous that I'll fail the test as I've come so far. Even with studying it's proving to be very stressful...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Bubbles

There's nothing that makes me angrier than unfair grading. I can't wait until I get to a class that uses class percent curves lol

Memorizing hiragana was actually slightly therapeutic for me, so maybe it's your studying habit that's stressing you? There's so many things online designed to help you remember them all so it couldn't hurt to shake it up a bit. Try and find a game or pictograms to help you remember the shapes, if that's what helps you learn easier

TheDreamingHawk

Yeah my teacher helped me with some ideas on better studying, and now I know about thirty of them a week before the test, so I think I can do it if I work harder. Hoping it goes well next week.

...Though sadly it seems today wasn't that good of a day for me either, mainly due to me having to stay an hour after math class was over to finish a test we took today (It took me forever because the rest of my class do not do any work at all, instead preferring to talk extremely loudly and make stupid noises while I'm actually trying my hardest to focus. The Teacher does nothing because she's brand new and is scared the students will call her "mean" if she asks her advisor to watch the class. Yes, that's the reason she gave me when I expressed my frustration), and hearing the news on the video game side of things that Lufia II is never coming to the Wii U Virtual Console because Nintendo won't allow Natsume to release any more SNES games, which REALLY made me sad because the Lufia series is another great franchise that I like a lot and want to try out more games from. (I've only played the GBC Lufia so far)

Here's hoping next week things get better for me at least

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

I need to stop valuing myself on whatever grades I get. I thought I stopped doing this.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

That's never going to happen for as long as you're a slave to Academia.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Hero of Trains

Nebbles, don't worry about it. I know that we value you for who you are, and all of your friends probably do too. Grades can always be improved.  :)
Also, just make sure that you aren't setting unnecessarily high expectations for yourself. That just sets you up for being disappointed.  :(
You can't stop evaluating yourself, but you have to try to make it productive, even if that seems hard sometimes. Use your bad grade as a way to get better, instead of a way to sulk or procrastinate (not saying you're doing any of those things, but I do them, so...)
Basically, just do your best, try hard, and look for help if you need it.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

mikey

what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness
unmotivated

Hero of Trains

braix

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PMwhat are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness
quote of the day
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

My Calc 2 final is going to be the death of me.

mikey

have fun.

I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal out of tests though, like 3/4 of the time they're easier than the rest of the class
unmotivated