The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on March 30, 2015, 12:00:15 PMI've always been very susceptible to other people emotions affecting my own (idk if there's an actual term for this). I've learned to deal with most of it--stay away from the anxious librarian, etc, and I've been doing really well with it! But today this very nervous kid was talking to me and I actually had a mild panic attack because his attitude was affecting me so much. After he left I was shaking for a good ten minutes and all my friends were worried (which just made me feel worse) :/ the weird thing was although i had that sensation of fear and nervousness, if I really thought about it I felt totally fine, but I just couldn't control myself

tl;dr I envy those who can live with their own emotions
it's called empathy
unmotivated

Maelstrom

What a way to start the 666th page.

In other news, turning functions into power series by way of derivatives and integrals is now my least favorite thing to do ever.

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 30, 2015, 12:58:59 PMit's called empathy
i don't think empathy is being physically affected by someone's emotions

mikey

the psychological identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

close enough though
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles on March 30, 2015, 01:24:52 PMi don't think empathy is being physically affected by someone's emotions
Perhaps an extreme form of empathy...?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Raymondbl

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 30, 2015, 02:47:36 PMvicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.
Sounds spot on. The physical experiencing of another's feelings.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 30, 2015, 03:14:37 PMPerhaps an extreme form of empathy...?
Not extreme.
Accurate.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DrP

Paycheck comes in...
Pays rent and electric/gas bill.
Left with $19.31.

Thank God for credit cards and another paycheck in 2 weeks with more disposable income.

ZeldaFan

Ok so my laptop battery has been going out and dying really fast for about a month now (my laptop is 2.5 years old, so that's to be expected) so I've just been keeping it plugged in 24/7 so I could actually use it. Well 2 days ago it was plugged in, was not charging for some reason, but was holding the charge at 80%. Then out of nowhere yesterday my laptop just died and now the charging cord doesn't work either... *sigh* so I bought a new cord and in order for me to receive it tomorrow instead of next Monday, I paid an extra $13. Ugh. I hate malfunctioning electronics.
Has anyone bought a laptop battery before? Does it have to be name brand? On Amazon I can get one for $30 while HP sells them for $100

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Maelstrom

It's quite obvious that the manufacturer's battery will be superior to any 3rd party battery. However, it isn't $70 better. I'd recomend getting a cheaper battery and be on the lookout for a good deal on a new laptop. Don't order it if your laptop doesn't turn on when plugged in. It should provide enough power even if the battery is removed.

Maelstrom

Dp, I know, but it's quite possible that a battery at the end of it's lifespan fried the motherboard if the motherboard did not short out itself. I don't think it would have fried the hard drive as well, though.

Raymondbl

Quote from: ZeldaFan on March 31, 2015, 01:41:31 PMOk so my laptop battery has been going out and dying really fast for about a month now (my laptop is 2.5 years old, so that's to be expected) so I've just been keeping it plugged in 24/7 so I could actually use it. Well 2 days ago it was plugged in, was not charging for some reason, but was holding the charge at 80%. Then out of nowhere yesterday my laptop just died and now the charging cord doesn't work either... *sigh* so I bought a new cord and in order for me to receive it tomorrow instead of next Monday, I paid an extra $13. Ugh. I hate malfunctioning electronics.
Has anyone bought a laptop battery before? Does it have to be name brand? On Amazon I can get one for $30 while HP sells them for $100
I would hate if the charging cord was not the issue. It doesn't sound like a charging cord issue to me.

I once bought a 3rd party battery for my camcorder (Sony), but a higher-capacity model than my original one. It worked well and I had no complaints.

If they do it right, a third-party battery can theoretically be every bit as good as the original manufacturer's battery. In my case, it was better.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

Bloop

I'm getting so insecure about myself lately :c It's getting in my way

ZeldaFan

Thanks for the advice.

Also Happy April Fool's Day

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.