News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymondbl

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 18, 2015, 12:20:59 PMWell, it just happened to a freshly downloaded copy of Firefox. There goes the easy solution.....
If you're sure it has to do with browsers, it could be a wifi card driver issue. Try updating the driver/firmware.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 18, 2015, 01:57:01 PMThe advertisements that sometimes displace the webpage causing you to click in the wrong spot
just get adblock ._.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Maelstrom

Quote from: Raymondbl on March 18, 2015, 02:26:55 PMIf you're sure it has to do with browsers, it could be a wifi card driver issue. Try updating the driver/firmware.
That's just the thing. It didn't crash when I used IE to download FF. And FF didn't BSOD until the 3rd launch. And it didn't Bs when I just used Windows Update to check for additional updates. (Checked, and nothing was updated in the past 3 days)
Here's a lengthy description I posted elsewhere to look for answers:
Spoiler
Completely out of the blue, (no pun intended) my laptop bluescreened last night. I thought it was just some random error, but now I can't get it to run for more than 10 minutes without a bluescreen. The strange thing is this: I didn't do anything different. I didn't download anything new.
More info: It's a Dell Inspiron 5520r running windows 7. I haven't had any other bluescreens up to this point. I have also replaced the hard drive with a SSD when it was dropped a year and a half ago. Another note: either the day before or a few days before, I noticed the ram was being hogged. I found out that Trustedinstaller was using 600,000+ KB, so I naturally closed it. Also, after the 2nd bluescreen, I noticed that the gadgets did not pop up as they normally do, and the host program was taking 600,000+ KB of memory. After the 3rd one, it was only taking up 10,000+ KB. And I noticed that Chrome was up every time, but it's been on my computer since I got the SSD.
Any suggestions?
[close]
edit: and I have no restore points for some bizarre reason. :(

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on March 18, 2015, 07:48:29 PMUuuugh I have Jury duty tomorrow :(
15 bucks a day for sitting around doing nothing? I'll take it!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Nebbles

ZeldaFan

What kind of bullshit is that??

I'm lucky I haven't had jury duty yet but I'm not looking forward to it. Especially if I had to miss a day of work and only get paid $5!!

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

MaestroUGC

I think the pay depends on whether or not you are employed, but it may very from state to state.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on March 18, 2015, 08:21:39 PM15 bucks a day for sitting around doing nothing? I'll take it!

As a computer scientist I do the same thing and get payed way more.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

unmotivated

DrP

My firm still pays me for the days I do jury duty.

I just have to give what jury duty pays me back to my firm.

But I still haven't done it yet... ever! *knocks on wood*

mikey

I won't be doing jury duty for a looooooong time
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 19, 2015, 06:50:13 AMI think the pay depends on whether or not you are employed, but it may very from state to state.

It's state by state, I think. NJ gets 5 dollars because NJ fucking sucks.

MaestroUGC

You should stop living in New Jersey, then. Really, whoever put you there probably didn't love you.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles