The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on August 11, 2011, 07:21:51 PMIsn't minimum wage 7.40?

It differs by state.

Quote from: Ruto on August 11, 2011, 07:20:32 PMHmm so much rage. I think I should open a bar or spend a tinychat session wiping a beer mug on camera.

I'm about ready to kill something...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

triforced1

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2011, 07:13:16 PMSometimes (barely ever) I'm paid half minimum wage ($7.25 an hour). I wish I could get a real job, working the same or less and getting some actual money for it.
You're lucky. Minimum wage in Texas IS $7.25.

Jub3r7

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2011, 07:13:16 PMPerhaps you missed which days they were. The days a normal teenager should be with his friends, or doing anything else. God I hate having to tell me friends no, I can't do that, my dad's making me work, over and over again. Eventually they're gonna stop asking me. And btw it's not just two days a week. Those are the only two definite days, basically it's friday and saturday plus whenever else he wants me to.

Sometimes (barely ever) I'm paid half minimum wage ($7.25 an hour). I wish I could get a real job, working the same or less and getting some actual money for it.
I work on Friday and Saturday, too. The difference is that I get payed a set amount, no matter how early I show up. :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

fingerz

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 11, 2011, 07:36:04 PMI work on Friday and Saturday, too. The difference is that I get payed a set amount, no matter how early I show up. :P
I don't have a job.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Quote from: triforced1 on August 11, 2011, 07:29:24 PMYou're lucky. Minimum wage in Texas IS $7.25.

It's $7.25 here too. I get paid half that.

Ragster2448

...I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Saria

I get paid $20 a month for washing dishes everyday. You know how many dirty dishes there are from a family of 6 people? Money is still money, peoples. Just be happy with what you have. >.< I has to pay for fat hammies and pay for my own food cuz everybody's all like, "YOU HAVE A JOB. PAY YOUR OWN STUFF. PAY FOR ME."
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

fingerz

Quote from: Ragster2448 on August 11, 2011, 07:39:20 PM...I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
That's why it's called minimum wage. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ruto

Quote from: Ragster2448 on August 11, 2011, 07:39:20 PM...I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Not if it's a family thing -.-

Also there's a lot of dishes. La. >__>

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

Nope, because parents/relatives can do whatever they want, and it's not child labor since we both work in a family business.

I'm happy with what I have. Except customers. I'm afraid I'm going to become racist.
You know how if you work somewhere long enough you learn to hate the customers?
Well, all the customers, are, yeah.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Saria

SARIABALL
cooperating anal

SlowPokemon

Lolno he's my dad, apparently that gives him right to be a douche :-\

Mashi

Have you tried asking your dad and explaining why you wouldn't like to work on those two days?  Or perhaps you could just work one of those days and play with your friends on the other?  I'm sure he'll understand if you just asked him.  You could even bring a few of your friends over and try to convince him if he says otherwise.

Saria

SARIABALL
cooperating anal