The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triforced1

Another hurricane just formed in the Atlantic, and it looks like it's headed towards the South and Southeast US...

Hopefully it takes a northward turn

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Hoo boy looks like we got it on all sides >_<
but the Earth is round so...?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

We have it on many sides, many sides. Believe me, tremendous sides.

In fact, infinite (or 0?) sides.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

So I'm a nursing major at my college and was planning on minoring in music. I didn't think I'd need to take theory my first semester since I was planning on testing out of the first two semester. Find out last night that, apperantly, testing out of theory classes (even first semester) is practically unheard of and it's unlikely the music department would even let me try a I had to get an override to add theory I to my schedule today. I really wanted to take Form and Analysis and Counterpoint which require theory IV as a prerequisite but now that I have to start at theory I there pretty much no way I'll have room in my schedule to take all the theory courses from the beginning.

so here I am learning about major and minor scales
the instructor has to make sure it wasn't too difficult for me since I added the class late
>:c
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Dudeman

Yikes, that's rough. And probably a little insulting. I hope you find a way to skip ahead through a few classes; that sucks.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

That's ridiculous that you can't test out or prerequisites, regardless of how "unheard of" it may be. I'd do some more bitching if I were you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

I'm afraid to try because the music department keeps sending me emails like "the teachers don't like late adding because they've already gone over a lot of material. You are asking a lot of us so we're gonna ask a lot from you to show your commitment to these courses."

Trainer Ave

That is seriously pathetic. People learn that shit in middle school.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Olimar12345

^okay first of all that's not the issue but okay. @FA I guess that does have something to do with it. I'd still try if I were you but worst case scenario you're stuck in theory I until next semester. As soon as class registration begins for the next term I would recommend jumping on this early. Use your scores/grades that you will have earned in this class as proof that you are beyond it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Testing out of theory classes is anything but unheard of, except maybe in really small colleges. That's why you have multiple levels of theory; everyone's at a different level of theory when they enter. That's part of the point of taking AP Music theory in high school, so that you can be put in a level that you belong in, and not have to spend 6 weeks learning nothing.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 02, 2017, 07:15:47 AM^okay first of all that's not the issue but okay. @FA I guess that does have something to do with it. I'd still try if I were you but worst case scenario you're stuck in theory I until next semester. As soon as class registration begins for the next term I would recommend jumping on this early. Use your scores/grades that you will have earned in this class as proof that you are beyond it.

Thanks, this is good advice. I'll just do my best to be a know it all in class and ace every test and get it across to the teacher how much I know.