News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I, almost, finished reading Trump's "Art of the deal". I've just briefed through it, as it isn't the most exiting book. A lot of it has to do with business and making deals. And I learned that it is kind of tricky as you have to be competitively strong (because the person you're making a deal with probably has as strong of an ego as you), which he talks about in chapter 2: Trump Cards. And also about the daily life of being a boss, project manager (which he has been). And his way (don't know if that way is necessary) is often by having great social skills and a lot of contacts (after reading some of his building projects, you can see how it really can make a difference with which people you hire. Hire "good" people, get the job done well, hire "bad" people, get poorly done job (which probably has to be redone by "good" people")). And most interestingly was how the book showed some details about his projects. All the different aspects in building projects. And it became clear that he really was a "builder guy", from early age. After working with a lot of buildings he got knowledge about different materials, the processes and more. The chapter that shows making the deal and building the Trump Tower, and the one showing the deal where he reconstructed the Rockefeller Ice Rink were interesting to read. The one with the Trump Tower was kind of cool as it sort of is his "life work/accomplishment", and the deal was also really hard as everything has to go right from start to end. And the rink deal was fun to read about as it was a "smaller" and more charming project. But albeit smaller, more complicated because he lack experience in building ice rinks. So pretty ok book 2/5, I guess.   

Something completely different: I thought of changing my facebook quote (I used to have a quote from Edmund Burke: "Patience will achieve more than our force"). But I think it got pretty boring, so that's why I wanted a new. And I find some good quotes when I googled "freedom quotes" and also some good quotes from Edmund Burke and also from Ronald Reagan. I settled with a funny one: Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged. -Ronald Reagan. Took it mostly because of the image behind it looked good :P (when Tobbe chooses quotes :)) I also thought of using Burke's quote: To make us love our country, our country ought to be lovely. Because of the beauty of the quote and the image behind it, but idk, there was something convincing about that Reagan quote, :P

Also even though ridiculous. I think Alex Jones did a good job with summing up this epic 2017 year! xD One of few times where he nailed it.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 28, 2017, 12:12:36 PMAlso even though ridiculous. I think Alex Jones did a good job with summing up this epic 2017 year! xD One of few times where he nailed it.

SlowPokemon

Ronald Reagan is dead and we are good to be rid of him
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

LeviR.star

~snipped by Levi~
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Levi, please don't be so rude.  Tobbeh is my friend, and I like hearing from him.  Everyone here has their own unique point of view and even when tobbeh tends to go on, we can still learn from him.  Yes, he tends to text-wall-itize, and if that really bothers you, there's an option to ignore users to automatically collapse their posts unless you decide you really want to read them.
unmotivated

Dudeman

Levi, we're all frustrated with these posts, I'm sure you know that. But that was pretty harsh, especially coming from you. Noc's right, there's an ignore function and you can feel free to use it. It's pretty apparent at this point that no one pays attention to him anyway beyond poking fun at his posts, so your post essentially boils down to "I don't like seeing text walls with Tobbeh's name attached to them," and there's a solution for that.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Quote from: mikey on December 28, 2017, 01:00:37 PMLevi, please don't be so rude.  Tobbeh is my friend, and I like hearing from him.  Everyone here has their own unique point of view and even when tobbeh tends to go on, we can still learn from him.  Yes, he tends to text-wall-itize, and if that really bothers you, there's an option to ignore users to automatically collapse their posts unless you decide you really want to read them.

Noc you have a new name!

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

LeviR.star

I guess I was being overly harsh. My apologies, guys. I shouldn't have been talking; I, like everyone else here, have a right to talk about my own self, and I, too, type text walls from time to time. Again, sorry to anyone I may have offended.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 28, 2017, 01:47:24 PM...it's Mikey, not Mickey...
I used to respond to the name mickey mouse because I had a mickey mouse sweater that I wore when I was five
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

If there's one thing my job has taught me it's that five year olds are adorable and usually I love children

mikey

kids are so innocent it's funny.  I honestly prefer talking to 8 or 9 year olds than I do with some random adult
unmotivated

Dude

Quote from: mikey on December 28, 2017, 02:10:59 PMkids are so innocent it's funny.  I honestly prefer talking to 8 or 9 year olds than I do with some random adult
well i guess it's better to hang around people with the same intelligence as you than anger everyone else

Dudeman

Quote from: Dude on December 28, 2017, 07:26:27 PMwell i guess it's better to hang around people with the same intelligence as you than anger everyone else
Okay, let's not do that, please.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

Oh come on, it was too easy.

I guess it's because I didn't add the tongue emoji that you thought I was serious.