News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 16, 2017, 09:56:51 PMI forgot how blunt alti is sometimes <3

does this mean if someone burned alti they'd be

smoking a blunt
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

K-NiGhT

So...small life update since I haven't been here for a while.

It's been a tumultuous two weeks. Last Sunday I broke up with my girlfriend of 7 years. It was a mutual thing, and we're still on good terms, but I'm still kinda bummed about it. Spent the whole week in an awful depressed state.

But things are looking up! A friend of mine just released an album that I was featured on with my violin! You can check it out at winterwayfarer.bandcamp.com

In addition to that, I got an offer for a position in a local professional orchestra starting next week! It'll get me a lot of extra money each month that I can use to claw my way out of student debt and whatnot while I'm still in school. So my financial situation is slowly improving.

Not a whole lot to report other than that. See you all in like 2 months when I decide to post again.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Sorry to hear about your relationship.. but congrats on the job! I hope that works out for you!
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Sorry about your gf bro. Congratulations on the job though. Being a fellow college student, I can totally relate to the financial difficulty lol.
Hope things go well for you.

Dudeman

Good to hear from you again, K-NiGhT! Glad to hear things are looking up.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

That's both rough and awesome K-NIGHT! I'll definitely check out the album. Good luck in the Orchestra
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dude

Thought: females but pronounced like tamales

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to try to search for a new job. The thing is that my job feels way too physical for me (lifting a lot of heavy packages all the time) and also quite stressful (everything is on a time limit), and lastly it's an evening job, which means that I can't do activities with friends, and also fucks up my day a bit (when I'm awake and asleep. Hopefully I'll be able to find a better job, I think that will be a lot better for me -give me more energy and lift up my life a bit.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

LeviR.star

Just got done with All-State auditions. Because someone forgot their music at the high school, we had to turn around to find it. When we made it the audition site, I prepared myself over the course of 30 minutes before I went to my audition. I managed to play my scales, etudes, and solo perfectly in the practice room, but got nervous and fumbled a bit at my actual audition. After waiting nearly 2 1/2 hours, I saw that no alto saxophones were to be recalled, and later found out I was not one of 2 alto saxophones going to All-State.

I'm actually very relieved at this point. With musical practice, set construction and homework, practicing for All-State required me to either skip lunch or get a pass to miss a class once a day. I also began to slip in College Algebra & Trigonometry and College Chemistry; even though I thought I understood the material, the tests proved otherwise. Despite being able to practice mock auditions in front of my talented peers with ease, and being told I was going to make it, I wasn't prepared for the tense atmosphere of the audition room.

There's always next year, which means one more year of experience and preparation. Not only that, I might still be able to make NWIBA Honor Band in two weeks, and earn 1st chair, like last year.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

EFitTrainr

I like food.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.