The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2017, 07:58:38 AMHuh. I still like the pixel art from the GBA game more, as it's even more over the top.

Meaning great graphics for the handheld's time, or a sense of nostalgia?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

SlowPokemon

I honestly think my favorite thing about the 3DS versions of this series is how instead of switching to 3D models like EVERY OTHER SERIES (@Pokémon, Ace Attorney, Layton, really anything that was previously 2D art on the NDS) they just made these incredibly well-animated detailed pixeled sprites that are so awesome that they look like 3D models. Alpha-Dream is a company that's actually really into pixel art.

Of course, the downside of having them look so good is that people just think they're cheap 3D models. But oh well.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dekkadeci

At some point, I think the line between 2D art and (2D representations of) 3D art blurs fairly hard. What prevents properly shaded 2D art from looking exactly like 3D art? The thicker borders?

Maelstrom

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 10, 2017, 08:04:41 AMMeaning great graphics for the handheld's time, or a sense of nostalgia?
The greater expressivity of the original

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2017, 09:26:55 AMThe greater expressivity of the original
This. Everybody stretches and emotes in big, exaggerated ways (think Cackletta's mouth when she laughs in her chair or Luigi's face when he's scared) and it only adds to the humorous tone.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 10, 2017, 09:26:55 AMThe greater expressivity of the original

Having said that, would that be a general rule for a lot of remakes?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Remake games that need to be remade.
That's about it.

LeviR.star

Well, there's no such thing as a game that needs to be remade, but I see your point.

MaestroUGC

Well, it depends on what the goal is; beyond a graphic and audio overhaul, the only other things that should be done to a remake are fix/refine mechanics or controls, and maybe make superficial changes to make an earlier game more in-line with later installments. There's also the issue of an older game that's been long out of print being remade for a modern market due to it's significance to video game history; or it's still a widely acclaimed game the people want to replay on newer hardware.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Trainer Ave

I feel really stupid now. I just noticed that the Johto Bike theme is just Goldenrod City sped up. I should have noticed this a long time ago seeing as how much I love the Goldenrod City music.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Dudeman

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on October 10, 2017, 09:37:45 PMI feel really stupid now. I just noticed that the Johto Bike theme is just Goldenrod City sped up. I should have noticed this a long time seeing as how much I love the Goldenrod City music.
AHAHAHAHAHA SEE?! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE, LATIOS!!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

SlowPokemon

Don't feel bad, I only realized a few months ago that Gold/Silver has a different wild Pokémon battle theme between day and nighttime. Didn't know that for my entire life, and I was playing Silver at age 7.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

Read a bit more in Trump's "Art of the Deal". I've thought of reading it through just to get it over. But I most likely won't because I'm bad at reading, and I've gotten bored of the book. But I does make one understand him. I've come to the point in which he moved to New York. It really gave you a sense of how he thinks. Throughout his early life and throughout the book. It was very clear that he was the "challenger" or "winner" type of person, which his father encouraged, being a businessman himself. By that I mean that he early on liked to see himself as "the boss" or "king" (in his neighbor". And later on he was put in some military school by his dad, which also made him not rely on being the boldest kid in the yard, but he could rely on that in the military school, so he got to instead rely on out-smart people, there. And later when he went on to some fine busyness school, he also challenged himself there, with the mindset that everyone there who pretended to really smart, following the rules and getting high grades, were actually not that smart. And it was even more clear when he went to New York. He very early went into some "hottest club in New York". In which the culture/atmosphere was drastically different from which he grew up with. He talks about how the club executive doesn't want a young man like him to "steal wives" which was completely foreign to him as both his mum and his dad has been as describes them as "rocks". And he continued to challenge people and his friends in New York and making deals. Kind of ok book, maybe if you're an entrepreneur. There is a continuous theme with making deals all around the place, and that's what the book is pretty much all about. And that's the reason why I don't care about the book much and continue reading it. It was interested when he talked about that his Art of the Deal was the "2nd best book" the 1st being "The Bible". So I thought of buying it and taking a look at it, as he values it so high. It was ok, as you to some degree understands he reasoning, and that he really is a businessman (which he's been throughout his life). But y, personally, I don't think it's such a special book.   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

swimswamit

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 11, 2017, 11:29:38 AMIt was interested when he talked about that his Art of the Deal was the "2nd best book" the 1st being "The Bible".
lmao 10/10