News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

I always thought of it as "Lehh-vee." With the first part rhyming with "bleh" or "meh."
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

what even is this planet I live on

It always has been and always will be "Lee-vie," and I have no idea where this other pronunciation came from. Seriously, this is a pretty common name.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

I ain't familiar with no Levi's but I goddamn sure am familiar with L's

E. Gadd Industries

XDD I love it how we've been discussing how to pronounce Levi's name for a good page now
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:52:12 PMwhat even is this planet I live on

It always has been and always will be "Lee-vie," and I have no idea where this other pronunciation came from. Seriously, this is a pretty common name.
I pronounced it Lehvee because I didn't realize it was the name Levi. I just thought it was gibberish he made up. I know Levi the name is pronounced Leevai.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:52:12 PMwhat even is this planet I live on

Literally this lol Levi's Jeans hello?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:52:12 PMSeriously, this is a pretty common name.

Not around these parts, it isn't.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 14, 2017, 06:23:37 PMLiterally this lol Levi's Jeans hello?

Never heard of it.

Also "Lee-vie" does not sound nearly as good as "Lehh-vee"
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

dudeman is right everyone go home

Anyway, I thought I was the dictionary definition of chaotic neutral
unmotivated

Dudeman

Nah, you're neutral evil. Slight difference.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

I was gonna say "wait, but 'lee' rhymes with 'vie'" because whoops I use the French 'vie' wayyy more than the English 'vie'. This is where the IPA comes in handy, y'all. Pronunciation disputes and such.

Anyway, I know it's pronounced /liːvaɪ/ but it really ain't a popular name where I live. I know a thousand Kevins and Michaels but not a single Levi. Perhaps it's due to the demographics here. After all, half of my city *is* Chinese.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 14, 2017, 07:01:55 PMAnyway, I know it's pronounced /liːvaɪ/ but it really ain't a popular name where I live. I know a thousand Kevins and Michaels but not a single Levi. Perhaps it's due to the demographics here. After all, half of my city *is* Chinese.

literally same omg

why do they always name their kids Kevin WHY I DON'T GET IT

LeviR.star

Aw, thanks, you guys!

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:03:55 PMIt's wingardium leviRstar, not wingardium levirSTAR.

I hereby declare Dudeman the funniest person on this site.

And by the way, it's pronounced "Lee-vie" by me and everyone else, excluding my close friends, who call me "Leh-vee" as a nickname.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 14, 2017, 07:27:12 PMI hereby declare Dudeman the funniest person on this site.
i made the joke first
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

i made the joke better

comedy is 90% plagiarism you know

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements