The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Was taught rook in minnesota by kentucky friends
unmotivated

Sebastian

Dudeman

The only card game I'm somewhat familiar with (aside from, like, solitaire and poker) is Idiot. I know it goes by another name but I forget what it is.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Everyone's dealt three cards face-down in front of them and then the rest of the deck is dealt to every player. Each player in turn then plays a card into the center that is of equal value or greater to the card before it, except 2's reset the pile, 10's remove all cards from the pile permanently, and playing all four different suits of the same card in one pile also removes all cards (2's and 10's can be played at any time). If you can't beat the preceding player's card, then you have to take the whole pile. The goal is to get rid of all your cards and then the three face-down cards in front of you, which you can't touch until your hand is empty (at the beginning of a round, you also place any three cards from your hand face-up on top of those, and those must also be played after your hand is empty but before you can play a card under them). It's a great game for trolling your friends and my cross-country team played it on the ferry to meets all the time.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

mostly in Minnesota the card games we played were blackjack, spoons, rat race, and five draw
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

@Dudeman yup, it's called Village Idiot here
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Lkjhgfdsa_77

there's a magic the gathering clique at my local educational facility

Oh, we're talking about playing card games... welp, I just completely misinterpreted this conversation.
Don't play card games much, but when I do, it's usually just poker or blackjack. And I think I had a set of Pokémon cards once...
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

mikey

this kids tv show called nature cat just made a firefly reference and it was fantastic even though I've never watched the show
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

I actually do play the Pokemon TCGO. Or did. I don't have computer access anymore. I'll pick it back up again when I do.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

K-NiGhT

My thought of the moment: I recognize less than half the names here nowadays.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Dude

InsigTurtle

I was taking a shower when I suddenly started wondering about what the sunrise time on the solstice vs latitude graph would look like. Part of me is too interested in it to forget about it, while part of me is too lazy to actually work it out.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 28, 2017, 04:20:02 PMI was taking a shower when I suddenly started wondering about what the sunrise time on the solstice vs latitude graph would look like. Part of me is too interested in it to forget about it, while part of me is too lazy to actually work it out.
So you're hoping someone else will be interested enough by it to work it out? I'm too lazy too. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

Huh, I suppose that is interesting. But I am too, and I'm doing file stuffs anyways XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]