News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

E. Gadd Industries

Probably a lil late, but in honour of all the E3 hype, I'm changing my profile pic and leaving it this for a while
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quick, someone photoshop Reggie's face on this:

Spoiler
[close]
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Serious question: what do you think makes a good feel trip plot? As in, what are some attributes of games that you believe make people want to cry/get emotional while playing said game?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Getting the player emotionally attached to a main side character and then killing them later in the story.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SlowPokemon

Making a character very stoic, reserved, and cool under pressure so that when they start crying or losing it it's maximum impact (@Professor Layton and Emmy)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Your characters need to have humanity to them. They need to be relatable. The player needs to not feel as if they are watching a story play out, but that they are watching real people doing real things. Then you can go wild.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Noble sacrifice, going through horrible emotional pain, tragic backstories, all the like.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

E. Gadd Industries

Alright, thanks for your thoughts!
A follow-up question:
How far is too far in developing a feel trip plot? Is there a certain point where it just becomes sadistic & cynical instead of emotional?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]