News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I already am. Let's see... for what "reasonably low price", E. Gadd?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

AmpharosAndy

innit

E. Gadd Industries

XDDD I didn't mean to be confusing.

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 23, 2017, 09:25:05 AMLet's see... for what "reasonably low price", E. Gadd?
I'd like to buy 3 days' worth, if you have that much. If not, how much do you have? I'm on a budget, but I can give $19 per day's worth.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Hey, so I gave my recital last month like I was posting about. I had my roommate record it, though he messed up somehow and couldn't get the full thing. But here's a little chunk of it, me playing Ravel's Sonatine in F-sharp Minor (sans the very final chord thanks to recording difficulties). This was not a super easy piece for me. If you guys feel like checking it out, I uploaded it to YouTube since I'm applying for lots of jobs and some of them require some kind of video:

I might upload some other parts of my recital eventually. My roommate got a good recording of my Schumann set, and a good chunk of the Bolcom and Beethoven as well. So we'll have to see. (If anyone's interested, I also have high quality audio of the entire thing--just let me know.)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

AmpharosAndy

Where are you studying/are you studying classical piano performance? And woop woop Ravel! I'm sure people would be interested given this video.
innit

cashwarrior1

I can't believe Nintendo never released the "GameGirl", they're so sexist!

Dudeman

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 25, 2017, 05:36:32 PMI can't believe Nintendo never released the "GameApacheAttackHelicopter", they're so sexist!
ftfy
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 25, 2017, 05:36:32 PMI can't believe Nintendo never released the "GameGirl", they're so sexist!

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

Ughhh... I've been helping set up for this yard sale ALL DAY LONG.
And tomorrow's the yard sale... do t expect much activity until the later hours (16 at the earliest, 19 at the latest)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

I've tried playing this word game where you start with a word (let's say, rock, for example) and you slowly mutate one letter at a time until it becomes another word (maybe fire here), and every step needs to be a word. So, for example, rock -> dock -> dork -> dirk -> dire -> fire. I don't know if it already has a name, but I was thinking it could make for an interesting app or flash game or something. I've tried doing 5-letter words, but those seem to be pretty difficult. My basic strategy there is to try and turn the last letter into an s so it essentially becomes a 4-word switcheroo, and then turning it back, but that doesn't always work.

Anyways, for 4-letter words, I'm wondering if there are any "isolates" that cannot be mutated into another real English word. I'm too lazy to program anything to do the work for me, but I'm still somewhat curious.

E. Gadd Industries

I think I've heard of a game like that, but I can't think of a name
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 25, 2017, 08:31:08 PMI think I've heard of a game like that, but I can't think of a name

To quote Wikipedia: Word ladder (also known as Doublets,[1] word-links, change-the-word puzzles, paragrams, laddergrams,[2] or Word golf)

It was invented by Lewis Carroll, the author of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass!

mikey

the smallest thing I can think of is orbs>ores>ires>iris>ibis if you count ires as a word which I'm not sure it is (plural ire)

I don't think orbs can turn into any word other than ores, can it?
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 26, 2017, 02:31:15 PMI don't think orbs can turn into any word other than ores, can it?
orcs comes to mind
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated